Zidoo NEO S

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Inikad, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's the one ;)

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

4. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Super NEO-S! So at least we know they work at zidoo. It would only take some speed to pick up the rhythm. We're just standing here in one place. Sorry for the negative wave.

5. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

A french reviewer said about the NEO X and this one that the hardware is great but they really need to improve the software coming with, so Music Player 6.0 I suppose.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Indeed only can confirm that. Also applies to exploiting the very nice OLED Front panel. It improves but at a too low pace. Too much attention/energy going to HT4 and DV it seems? I hope this will now change as FW development for Neo X and Neo S should be almost identical.
    Hey they mention Streaming Music App's which I missed on Neo X thus far.

Is basically is a stripped/cheaper NeoX. In fact I in practice use the Neo X front control buttons for the display and and prefer using those over touch control. Happy to have a Neo X.
    RRP is £1,099 compared to £1,699 for the X wrote somebody on AVS forum.
    Looks to be offering a good price/performance to me once more.

It uses the smart Hybrid PSU concept of UHD3000 and includes a 256 GByte flash card. The DAC panel is an improved UHD3000 design but keeps the headset outputs of Neo X. It is also using dual ES9068 Chips which is debatable better than a single one?

It nicely fills the gap between Neo X and UHD3000.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  7. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

There is nothing new, it has always been like that unfortunately

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  8. muha

muha Active Member

It is promoted on instagram too, to me it seams like flooding with devices.

9. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

For me Neo-X and Neo-S should have a feature(s) differentiator. The difference in price from the UHD 3000 just for more high-endish hardware (PSU, RAM etc...) is maybe too steep.
    If the NEO line could come up with for example exclusive enhanced audio features such as DSD bitstreaming from LAN (with mutlichannel support on top) through HDMI then I would immediately go for it. Besides my multitude of diverse zidoos and the UHD-3000 that I use the most I still keep my Oppo 205 exactly for that reason...multichannel DSD bitstreaming over HDMI. I know it's a niche's niche but if the audiophile market and it's usually deep pockets customers are the target then others features should be reserved exclusively to this device line.

10. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you,

Some features (new or not) should be exclusive to the NEO range

But I'm not sure if this is in Zidoo's plans

11. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Neither does the second HDMI (Audio only). The 256GB SSD well ...o_O They could have made up for the space on the back. In Hungary, the NEO-X is 1750 euros expensive due to the tax.:eek: The UHD3000 is more exciting!:D

12. muha

muha Active Member

On both devices only thing that I find attractive is OLED screen. Neo X is more interesting bcause it has hdd bay. But than again I don´t consider myself to be audiophile and I wouldn´t spend more than 400 euro on any type of media player.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  13. DELUCAS

There are both OLED Displays :)

muha likes this.
  14. Nice Monkey

I think it is. More Audio features and exploiting that OLED panel should make the difference. It must come to be a success and I feel it is the Zidoo intention.

15. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

It can be number one with Audiofil. But I have a bit of a work of art look.

16. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Is the SSD the only storage or does it have onboard storage for OS as well?
    How much RAM does it have?

17. Nice Monkey

Did not find/see RAM and Flash specifications yet. My guess it is the same as Neo X?
    The SSD is meant for Music. I do prefer a 2.5 inch HDD. My music collection won't fit even close as it includes SACD, DVD Audio and BD Pure Audio albums too.

muha likes this.
  18. DELUCAS

These are what are installed pc spec memory and can be upgradable to ( poss more ) 2TB M.2 SSD • PCIe NVMe Gen 4 • 6600 MB/s Read, 5000 MB/s Write
    Latest gen 4 ultra fast provided it can take advantage of the speed but even in basic speed form there quick .
    Like a ssd 2.5 inch but can be faster .

Note : upgradable to bigger size provided Zidoo dont restrict it but cant see no reason it cannot be .

51BA646C-1024-4FA4-8F5C-7047EAC8F240.png

19. Nice Monkey

Yeah upgradable but price/TByte is much higher for SSD versus 2.5 inch HDD with no realistic practical advantaged on speed nor noise.
    But must say prices drop much faster for SSD than for increasing HDD capacity. So there may be a crossover somewhere in the future.

20. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t say that. It’s dead silent and access is instant vs. parked HDD headers. But yes, price difference is significant.
    I very mouth doubt that the SoC supports PCIe gen 4, though ;) Not that this kind of speed is needed anyway.