Z9x: Netflix was working, now error 1044

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by robin staal, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I feel it is mainly driven by a Netflix policy, but there may be unrevealed financial motives.
    Also the OS being Android Leanback or full Android TV compliant seems to make a difference!
    Still working on Dune using the same SOC? That one runs Android TV!

I don't think it is a coincidence that the ban occurred after adding MCH/Atmos playback recently!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    ammar11 likes this.
  2. paresh

paresh Member

@leonkoum @Nice Monkey I had just updated my firmware to v6.46G and now the Netflix error code has changed to NW-6-404. Do you think it'll be safe to install Burn Tool key v1.03 to recertify Netflix on Zidoo Z9x?

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Would be very hesitating using that one as it is made for another SOC. Unless proven to work I would not try it myself with Realtek.

4. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Me too, avoid it

From my point by view it would be more wise to have a certified device for streaming apps
    (Firestick, shield tube, google Sabrina)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  5. mecanix

mecanix New Member

read on chinese site

There will be no authorization

Netflix only allows 4k or even 1080 only on their trusted source or devices (widevine & Netflix certifications)

old version of netflixfor older android box so low resolution
    not test and not for tv device
    netflixhelp.s3.amazonaws.com/netflix-4.16-15235-release.apk

6. mecanix

mecanix New Member

this have to be test later!

play netflix (plug in) with zdmc (kodi 18)

install kodi zdmc
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/release_apk.html

tuto to install netflix plug in in zdmc comparitech.com/kodi/watch-netflix-on-kodi-18/

7. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

mecanix likes this.
  8. paresh

paresh Member

@mecanix Its the build 16-15235 that did not work for @McBluna where as 15.1_14947 the one I used is working fine without installing ZDMC but with flaws. It is cumbersome to navigate through the Netflix pages without an air mouse, the user Interface is non-informative and looks shabby (as compared to newer versions), video resolutions are restricted to 1080p (very poor picture quality). Like I had mentioned in my earlier post the Netflix error code changed to NW-6-404 from 1044 after I upgraded my firmware to 6.46G. What is even more perplexing why Netflix is allowing version 4 to work and restricting the later versions? Is it something in the later versions of the APKs being detected by NetFlix that prompts it to kick in the error codes? Zidoo seems to have totally dropped the idea of backing -up NetFlix allegedly they had never supported it. I had also insinuated at a workaround by installing Burn Tool key v1.03 to recertify Netflix but @leonkoum @Nice Monkey had suggested against it. I still would like to know, what kind of damage can the player suffer if I run Burn Tool key v1.03? In case it does affect the player, will it be possible to revert back to the factory settings or not in the worst case scenario? You guys' feedback is really helpful & important so please carry on with the good work. Thanks.

9. oro

oro New Member

10. mecanix

mecanix New Member

"I still would like to know, what kind of damage can the player suffer"

at this price? money is relative to each one of us....

if your z10 pro broke
    Zhidu Z10 PRO flashing tutorial
    www.znds.com/tv-1185093-1-2.html (use chrome and translate to english)

more stuff here www.znds.com/bbs-426-1.html

11. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

re the risk, i recall there was some problem w google services after upgrading fw on the z9s. some error msg kept popping up which made the box unuseable (ie, you might not be able to re-flash the fw via the remote but I believe there are other methods). believe people did find a way to solve the problem at the end. the risk is all yours...

dr4go likes this.