Z9x: Netflix was working, now error 1044

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by robin staal, Jan 7, 2021.

1. mecanix

mecanix New Member

still not working zhidu z10 pro

you can install us.dangbei.com
    chinese app store best TV application youtube and fox tv netflix and more

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003 - could you explain what this means please: -
    On the CEC/eARC Tab: - "ARC/EARC support requires "0x05 Audio Processor", make sure no other AVR devices are connected to the TV"

3. Support1

Support1 New Member

Are You sure, that Netflix is included and works perfectly if I will use dangbei for instalation?

4. robin staal

robin staal New Member

Is it only me or is the Google App store also not working anymore?

I get a error when I try to login

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Pictures speak louder than words :)

upload_2021-1-9_16-21-38.png

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark - I worked that out just after posting but it's the other part: "make sure no other AVR devices are connected to the TV" that I'm confused with.

Some of my devices are plugged direct into AVR and some into the TV. So which ones is it talking about and why is this important? I just need to understand.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I guess just make sure you only have one AVR connected - I assume that's the case!

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Oh so not non-AVR devices, such a device plugged into my one existing AVR. DOH!

What about a sound bar plugged into my AVR via SPDIF?

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003 don't reply, I'll figure it out tomorrow but I'm thinking I'll have to enable ARC on TV as well as on Receiver again which screws up my system big time, so thinking again, I'll give it a miss.

Sorry for time-wasting and clogging up this thread

10. johnnyc

johnnyc New Member

I installed this app store, and then the Netflix app in this store. It did install, and allowed me to sign in. Looks a lot like the zidoo version. Unfortunately it gives the same 1004 error. So, do not waste your time.

11. paresh

paresh Member

Hi! I own a Zx9 player, running on 6.0.45G firmware, like others even I was experiencing Netflix error code 1044 and without giving it a second thought I uninstalled it thinking I'd reinstall it from the installed Google play store and fix the problem. Now, Netflix is not available on Google play store and when I try to install it via chrome it says this app is not compatible with your device and if I install an apk version it is not the same, the one that came as preinstalled with the player. Also, it doesn't run properly. Could somebody please help me to get back the original Netflix app that came preinstalled with the player without a factory reset? Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  12. mecanix

mecanix New Member

download here: netflix-inc-netflix.en.uptodown.com/android

or use us.dangbei.com market download ( app for zidoo)

more tutorial here use chrome and translate to english -> znds.com/tv-1185186-1-1.html

13. paresh

paresh Member

@mecanix Thanks a lot buddy, I'll check it in the morning.

14. innocent185

innocent185 New Member

@mecanix Is this method to fix error code 1044?

15. Support1

Support1 New Member

Probably no. netflix-inc-netflix.en.uptodown.com/android is official Netflix site. Problem is that Zidoo team does not manage relationships with Google. That is the reason of 1044 error.

16. McPai

McPai New Member

netflix still not working on Z10 Pro

17. robin staal

robin staal New Member

Nope.... For me this was the final thing.... I ordered a nvidia shield pro for streaming....zx9 only for movies, i like this player the most for movies........

18. paresh

paresh Member

I tried contacting the Zidoo team regarding the Netflix error code 1044 and this what their reply was, down below. I think what we need is an update to the Netflix app that comes preinstalled with the Zidoo players. The other android version Netflix apps with version 7 simply do not work. Hopefully we may get an updated Netflix version in th near future soon.

Zidoo has never declared Netflix is supported officially, it is subjected to the actual playback situation.

Best regards,
    Zidoo Team

19. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

According Zidoo page "*Support Roon Ready, Spotify music streaming and DRM Widevine L1 to enjoy high-quality online video playback." are not direct reference to Netflix streaming.
    Same like on beginning of 2020, begin of 2021 year come with many DRM IDs blocked then user get error "bladeRunnerMessage": "license/pbl-1044: IssueLicensePolicyError , "errorDisplayMessage": "This title is not available to watch instantly. Please try another title. - 1044". In the past years suppliers of player base on Amlogic SoC have same problems and they solved with distribution of special apk and get Netflix HD streaming back.
    Let's hope Realtek and Zidoo can provide similar solution for players base on RTD 1619DR, if not will be just another player with DRM ID banned.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  20. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Why zidoo cant support official licence?
    Is it expensive? Or what