version v6.3.40 for Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's because most movie content is presented in 2.35 so if you have a 1.78 fixed projection screen the black bars, unlike on a TV are actually white (I always say that the blackest a black a projection screen can manage is white!) so their efficacy is dependent on the projector's native contrast ratio and the room lighting/treatment.

Even in my room which is fully light controlled with matt black walls, if I had a 1.78 screen, the black bars would still look grey, particularly in darker scenes where the APL is not high enough to fool your eyes.

Using a 2.35 screen removes this and you get the 2.35 image framed correctly with no light spill.

The problem with this is that to view to odd 1.78 movie you have to zoom the projector out and only use the center portion of the screen and you get bars either side, which although still white (unless physically masked) don't present as bad a problem since the projector light isn't hitting it. But it's still not ideal and of course the image is substantially smaller.

I have a constant image width variable aspect screen so this is a 1.78 native screen with motorised masks that drop into place for 2.35 presentation. This is the best of all worlds since you get the full image size for both 1.78 and 2.35 (and 1.85, 2.20, 2.40 etc) with everything masked off so no light spill.

The masking feature on the Zidoo wouldn't really help in any of these situations since 2.35 material is already effectively masked so all it's doing is putting a mask over a mask.

The 2.35 GUI thing is a different proposition entirely - this is not masking at all, but rescaling and redesigning the GUI to be presented natively in 2.35. This would allow 2.35 fixed screen owners to project a GUI at full screen but they would still have to zoom out for 1.78 material which of course would still be substantially smaller.

Илья likes this.
  2. vddan

vddan Active Member

OK, understood and personally not concerned because the 16/9 screen is fixed!
    Good day .;)

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

This function is mainly aimed at some special needs of the Chinese market

4. Markswift2003

I suspected it was something like that.

Mind you, as I said elsewhere, it could be incredibly useful for projector owners to deal with Christopher Nolan variable aspect ratio madness!

5. Idris78

Idris78 New Member

Hello
    I installed the new Firmware.
    Now I have problems with my collections.
    If I add a film collection of a category I have created myself, the films are displayed individually.
    Under fixed categories they are displayed as a collection.
    The problem does not occur with all collections.
    HT4 Version 4.0.9.6 (V6.3.35) didn't have the problems.
    Sorry for Bad English, I‘m from Germany.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  6. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Just popped up on my UHD3000, installing...

7. muha

muha Active Member

I am just reading about LG Direct View LED Extreme Home Cinema Display,
    I like word Extreme in this context.

8. Markswift2003

Yeah, they're mad!!

9. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

Odd...I didn't get any update?

10. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Mariusz likes this.
  11. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

12. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Was it released as the final release of 6.3.40? There is a small problem with this, for example the weather is only updated when I open it, there is no sound on the optical output only if I select it in settings but after switching it off it forgets the setting. But they know!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  13. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Can someone confirm, or deny that the collection bug is back or not...Please

14. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I have the same problem, for a long time now.

15. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

This is a great update the poster wall is perfect now and like the extra info it provides.

You need to concentrate now on the full menus just ripped my full disc iso star trek wrath of kahn and 10-11 minutes it freezes, plays perfect on my oppo.
    Can you give me confirmation you are looking into this mirror?

Thanks you are nearly there, but i want to sell my oppo on ebay but at the moment no chance.

16. Idris78

Idris78 New Member

The bug is there. Here are a few pictures. Same collection under films and self-made categories.

Attached Files:

17. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

I really don't understand why they made this a final release.

How are people that don't visit the forum on a regular basis to know, they have to remove and rescan their database to get the new functions of HT4 (It is not mentioned anywhere outside of the forum.)

Why did they not get rid of the existing bugs, before releasing a final release with new features (and re-introducing at least 1 bug (Collections) that was resolved.)

It seems they are going 2 steps foeward, and 1 step back with the releases

18. Idris78

Idris78 New Member

With the old FW it worked without problems. I also sent a few emails to Zidoo. Nobody understands what I mean. I gave up. It is now an solid Bug of HT4.

19. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

If THIS is the bug you are talking about, they should know.

20. Markswift2003

It's not a final release.