Home Theater 4.0.87

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Kenshin, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

@mirror
    hi,@mirror
    why is there no collection displayed in the category anymore?
    i would like to have in the category also the collection function !!!

best regards

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  2. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

For me, the collection is displayed. Everything works as before.

3. Enet

Enet Active Member

Just click on the '+' at the end of the category circles and from there you can decide which categories you want to include or remove.

4. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

but not under category ??

5. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

no longer works !!!if i go to category all then it works with the collection but not on the others anymore

6. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Everything works fine for me. Everything, collection, 4K, 1080p etc. Can be edited, added. It's OK.

7. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

7.Fixed while add a single movie to a category, the entire collection is incorrectly added to the category <<< hmmm

8. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

I delved into the settings. I return my honor!
    You are right, in the category it is not possible to add another item to the collection.
    There is no "collection" item.

In Category, I have created a new item, Collection. Now you would have to add films from the "old" one - now you can. Then delete the old folder.
    This way, some work with it would be ...

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  9. Enet

Enet Active Member

I think I had a similar issue before where the COLLECTIONS circle doesn't appear next to ALL, MOVIES, UNMATCHED etc. Is this the same issue? If it is then as I said, I clicked on the EDIT circle '+', selected CATEGORY then re-added COLLECTIONS.

But we are supposed to reboot the box a couple of times after installing the new firmware. So I backed up my posters then did a factory reset followed by extra reboots. After that, my COLLECTIONS circle reappeared by itself.

10. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

The problem is that when you want to add a new movie to your collection, clicking on categories will expand the menu and there is no collection there.
    I would not like to reset the player, I have a lot of my settings.

11. Enet

Enet Active Member

Unfortunately for the kind of problem you are describing, a factory reset might be your only chance of fixing it. The main settings are easy to re-enter and can still back up your posters. After the reset you can test to see if the problem still exists. If it doesn't then you can reimport your posters. If the problem reoccurs after this then it means that your poster data might be corrupt and you will have to try an earlier back up or just start again.

Mariusz likes this.
  12. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

This HT version is also in the latest FW 6.3.30

I asked it in that thread and @Markswift2003 replied.

13. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Well, everything is correct. Collection category is available to me as Markswift2003 wrote. Only when I choose films, e.g. the entire Star Wars package and want to add to the Collection category, I can not. After expanding add to Category, the Collection tab is not there.
    1.jpg 2.jpg
    Or I'm blind:)

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm not really sure what you're trying to do there - as far as I can see the only issue is that currently Collections cannot be added as a single entity to a Category (I've reported that).

Nothing else has changed.

You can still add movies to and remove movies from Collections

Mariusz likes this.
  15. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Markswift2003 said :
    "as far as I can see the only issue is that currently Collections cannot be added as a single entity to a Category (I've reported that)."
    And that's what I mean.

16. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Sorry, but i can't read (I guess) Polish :) (Not meant to be funny)
    Did you select Collections as category with the + (Edit) button on the HT startup page .

According to @Markswift2003 : I'm sure this was an oversight and will be fixed.

Please read the 6.3.30 FW thread, it's also there for the Z10 Pro

Mariusz likes this.
  17. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Adding a new Collection category doesn't do much. The videos posted there are not grouped, but each one separately. However, there is no "old collection category" in the selection.
    Markswift2003 actually wrote it was an oversight and has already reported it.
    Thanks for the response.
    As for the language - you're right, it's Polish.

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm afraid I got a reply to say that because of the data structure it's difficult to have both collections and separate collection movies in a category.

I suggested that if it's not possible to have both it would be better to return to collections in categories and just disallow adding individual collection movies. I'm waiting on a response to that but what do you guys think?

Mariusz likes this.
  19. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Yes, your idea is better. I support.

20. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Yes...the way it was, return collections to categories.

And i believe the topicstarter wants that too.

Pretty please :)

Mariusz likes this.