version v6.3.40 for Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 14, 2021.

1. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Sorry, i meant official non Beta.

I am sure you know better, because you are Moderator and Beta Tester !!
    But why is it put on the official download list.

I am fairly happy with v6.3.35, and i don't want to make a step back with v6.3.40 (You know how afraid i am of updates.).
    On the other hand i would really like to have the new features, but without re-appearing bugs.

It's not really clear to me what i have to do with the medialabels in my filenames, i mean do i have to rename everything to filenames without those labels.
    (Moviename.(2021).1080p.avchd.dolby.5.1.mkv to Moviename.(2021).1080p.mkv) or leave the filenames as they are now??

And is the Ckear Data in the HT4 settings, enough to do a good rescan ?

Clear.jpg

ZIDOO-Service&Support 2021-09-18.jpg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's no more official than what appears on this forum, it's just deemed to be a "release" version for those who don't frequent the forums.

You might be better waiting for the refresh option to be added - I've been told "soon".

"Clear Data" button will delete the database and set HT back to factory and that's what I always use.

I always delete the .hometheatre directory too to get rid of cached art which would otherwise just take up space needlessly.

You can leave the media labels intact if you want or you could use a program like the excellent "Bulk Rename" to sequentially remove them https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/.

TifKag likes this.
  3. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Mark! You know better but it was weird.:)o_O

4. Markswift2003

Keeps us on our toes...

5. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

I have 2.35:1 screen with my projector Epson 6050UB doing the zooming. Screen mask function that just introduced is working only in the movie play mode and bring the UI within the screen. Had this function be available on the main screen from the beginning this would change my experience completely. Now with my projector zoomed to fit the movie on my 2.35:1 screen I go to the GUI or main screen, it projects above and below the screen. For example poster wall is above and below the screen and I have to zoom out to bring it within the screen but I loose lot of screen on both sides. Now if that masking feature was available from the main screen, it would change the life of people like us and make things so each. We will not even need to use the projector zoom feature at all.

6. Markswift2003

All that would do would chop the top and bottom of the GUI off - it wouldn't scale it to 3840x1600.

I believe you can do that with your projector using the "Blanking" setting (masking I mean, not scaling!)

7. Yar Dhar

Yar Dhar Member

Thanks Mark for your reply. I never tried blanking before. Is this going to chop off the top and bottom or squeeze the top and bottom to fit into the 2.35:1 screen.

8. Markswift2003

Don't know, you'll have to try it, but most projectors have software "masks" that can be set variably vertically and/or horizontally so you should be able to mask or "blank" top and bottom to fit your screen.

I have two software mask presets on my projector for 2.35:1 and 2.20:1 (and physical screen masking too) which deal nicely with Christopher Nolan VAR films...

9. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

This needs to be in housekeeping section of HT4.2x ;) I like to arrange furniture on my screen please . I agree audio codec was best at the end. Its the one thing i look at frequently.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  10. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

In Kodi, we know this as arranging furniture!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Since this firmware, I have a folder named « Android » appearing in all my HDDs. Inside, there is another folder named « Data » with inside a third folder named « com.zidoo.audioplayer ». What is that?

12. Markswift2003

It's always done that - these boxes (and all the previous ones) have always created an Android directory (for app spcific data) and a LOST.DIR (for recovery info on a crash).

It's an Android thing..

*edit*

Actually - scratch that - you're right, the Android directory is new :) - I'm just used to seeing it on Android devices.

Still an Android thing ;)

13. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Really? I didn’t remember this one, only $RECYCLE.BIN, LOST.DIR and System Volume Information. BTW, not possible to put that kind of folders in Hidden Files mode, like the .hometheater folders?

14. Markswift2003

I'm sure someone like @McBluna can shed more light on this - my understanding is it gets created if an app decides it's necessary - configuration and so forth.

I'm 100% sure I've seen it previously on SD cards out of Zidoo boxes - I certainly have on other boxes and it's appearance depends on what apps you use.

If you delete it and reboot your box, I bet it doesn't reappear immediately...

15. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

For a part of them, they don’t reappear at all as long I don’t plug-in the external HDD to Windows before to plug-in it again to the Zidoo. I know that they are Windows related and that would be nice if Zidoo could find a solution to hide them natively.

Thanks for the explanations.

16. kalifept

kalifept New Member

Hello everyone
    I have a video (MKV) in 1918x800 pixels ...
    HT displays the tag 720! (For a 1920x800 format, the 1080 label is displayed)

Zidoo Z9x ver 6.3.41

17. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

As soon as the horizontal resolution gets below 1920 HT4 recognises it as 720, has been so since i bought it, with all firmwares

18. muha

muha Active Member

I second to that! Maybe do something with photo app too.

rozel and Mabon like this.
  19. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Trailers still all in english, no matter the language used in HT (and even if the trailers for the language used are on TMDb).

20. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

TMDb not provide trailers they play from YouTube on embedded player.
    Zidoo use IMDB for trailers source I don't know if are any other language then English.