Upgrade me z1000pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Frank Kasteren, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  2. A good psu is never cheap for sure not wen it need a housing but it's worth it I just ordered one to for my z9x

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Will be good to hear your experiences with it. Should match to the Z100 Pro experience 1:1 as far as I can predict.
    The Femto clock update should be possible in an identical way too for Z9X. Maybe a space problem for a daughter board used?

4. The femto clock will not fit in a z9x its the size of pak Marlboro the only way is to take the clock outside of the z9x

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Still nothing regarding what improvements it will bring - @Nice Monkey we have had this discussion before :). As far as I am concerned until I hear some concrete information as to what a Linear PSU of any kind brings to the table, I think we are talking a complete waste of money. Sound wise, they bring nothing - this is confirmed over at ASR, but interested to know what in brings to video and why exactly.

6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Audiocom enhancements over the years and adding $$$ to the price and the next new chipset improves
    Everything for next to little money as such.

rozel likes this.
  7. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

I am totally lost here lol. Is this PSU snake oil? Why would this improve Video/Audio quality? I'm just curious. I'm not doubting anyone's opinion

rozel likes this.
  8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'd say so

9. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

I've not rushed out and ordered one.....

10. Jason_77

Jason_77 New Member

It's great to hear that the Zero Zone Leneair power supply upgrade has improved your picture and sound quality on your Z1000PRO! The installation of a FEMTO CLOCK MODULE is likely to bring even more improvement to the sound quality, as it helps to reduce jitter and improve clock accuracy, which is important for high-quality audio playback.
    It sounds like you're making good progress with your upgrades and taking steps to improve the performance of your player. I hope that the FEMTO CLOCK MODULE brings the additional improvement that you're hoping for, and that you continue to enjoy your upgraded player.

11. Hello I know the femto clock wil not do much more for Video and Audio but every bit helps to have the best picture and sound

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Me neither. All sounds a load of tosh. Jitter? Clock improvement? Just visit the audiosciencereview forums and do your research.

13. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

I just think it's great, that we've had all these new member's join, whilst Mark is away.

....Wait, what?

[​IMG]

xskip and rozel like this.
  14. Snak oil !!!

Look I just put this on the Form for people how wants something different not to sel something
    Lucky I kan see and hear the difference

If you believe it ore not I don't care but don't only say it's snake oil nobody knows everything but you can only say it's not so wen you try it and it did not work for my it worked perfectly

15. The zidoo neo alpha also has the femto clock and the Leneair power supply why do you think its in it to improve the picture and sound so its not snake oil

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

upload_2023-2-14_11-38-21.jpeg

It’s a difficult job but someone’s got to do it..

Oldpainless likes this.
  17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hope you're having a good one!

18. sebna

sebna Member

Hey,

Has it been installed? How is it. I am waiting for my Z1000 pro to be delivered but if I like it I will want to upgrade the clock as well.

Let me know how you like it.

Thanks

19. sebna

sebna Member

Do you like DSD file format? Do you like how it sounds?

20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Your questions seem to eminate from why I don't think a Linear PSU brings anything to the table - I won't go into my rationale anymore. But yes, I love DSD and other Hi-Res music formats - I am an Audiophile tbh.

I stream via USB from my Z1000 Pro to a Zidoo DAC Z8 and this combo sounds marvellous on my HiFi setup, the best I've heard. I also stream MCH audio direct from the Z1000 Pro to my AVR via HDMI and that sounds very good too.

sebna likes this.