Upgrade me z1000pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Frank Kasteren, Feb 12, 2023.

1. Hello yes its installed and the results are amazing together whit the power supply the sound especially and the picture is better then original im really happy

Desmodromic likes this.
  2. DaveH1

DaveH1 New Member

Hi all, I just installed the LPS upgrade from fyfaudio in my Z1000 Pro:

https://fyfaudio.com/products/upgra...o-4k-blu-ray-ultra-hd-player?VariantsId=10411

I appreciate the sceptical comments people have made re: upgrade to video quality with an LPS, but can also confirm that the picture seems better. I was after the upgrade only for the audio side of things; I connect the stereo outputs to my wife's karaoke mixer (and use HDMI audio for 99% of my normal video files) and was just after better audio quality for karaoke.

As you can see in the pics, I think I've been sold a second hand unit, there are scuff marks around the screw holes with multiple scratches on the metal work. The back-plate was bent, probably in shipping but who knows? There were no instructions and the layout of my unit didn't match what appeared on the website.

Anyhow, despite that installation was straightforward once I straightened out the back-plate and it's been a worthwhile upgrade for $108USD.

For those who are interested, if you've read about the Apple TV X, there is a long discussion on that youtube clip by their engineer, about how improved RF/EMI rejection can benefit signal quality in both the HDMI and ethernet side of digital circuits which has been measured and tested extensively.

I'm not an engineer and don't pretend to speak with any authority on this, but I am seeing an improvement that I wasn't expecting.

Cheers, Dave

Attached Files:

gymnos and xskip like this.
  3. Jason G

Jason G Member

hi just did the install and to me it seems better in both audio and video not a night and day difference but better picture depth and soundstage. could also be im crazy and its the same lol but im happy with it

Attached Files:

4. Yes your right its better and wen you install a fantom clock it wil be better the same

5. Jason G

Jason G Member

Where do I purchase the clock chip?

6. Autentic cinema

7. Jason G

Jason G Member

cant find it on the site can you give me a product link ?not sure if allowed

8. Its not for sale you have to send your box to let them do the modification