Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

I'm exaggerating Contrast a little. I don't touch any other settings, you can only make it worse by changing the brightness, color, etc.

2. kergaz

kergaz New Member

Lately, I have the following strange problem with Zidoo Z10 Pro: When I am in Home Theater 4.0 and make simple things like browsing through the movies, see wall posters etc, it suddenly stops and returns me to the initial menu page of the Zidoo. I enter again in HT and after a few seconds it does it again.
    I made a firmware update but when I am in Home Theater 4.0 and browsing, it continues to suddenly stop and return to main screen.

When I enter again, the ribbon in the top is empty, i.e. it does not show me the thubnails of the latest movies I was watching

It is very annoying. Any ideas why this is happening?

3. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Hi Mark, how important is emptying cashe via cleaning app? If so, how often?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not at all - it should manage itself.

I never bother doing it..

xskip and Bill-Z9X like this.
  5. Issa

Issa Member

Hi Mark
    Hope you doing well, I have a question as follow and I would appreciate your kind advice
    Screen Scale : if I put it 100% 0r 99% it will partially disappeared the highlighted letters to right, when I put the scale 98% it perfectly appears in the screen.
    Is the Screen Scale will effect the movies resolution or only Zidoo interface?
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-21 at 9.25.09 PM.jpeg

6. Markswift2003

Yes, it affects the movies too - that's the idea.

So although you see the full movie image, the resolution is scaled slightly - I doubt you'd ever notice though.

I'm really puzzled as to why this happens on an LG C1 though - it really shouldn't so you should check the TV settings first.

What resolution are you using?

Assuming 4k, try this overscan pattern - you should see a thin white line exactly on the edge of the screen all the way around:

https://mega.nz/file/ISgT1a6J#dltWAWukBY98JJ75X0xesFYTCmT5IMsuqQOHqLRxWEA

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  7. Issa

Issa Member

Thank you Mark for your Response, yes the resolution is 4k.
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-22 at 2.29.11 AM.jpeg

8. Markswift2003

Something is wrong somewhere - you should not have to adjust the screen scale and that test pattern should fit the screen perfectly if the display is showing 4K natively.

upload_2021-11-22_8-51-34.png

Yours seems to be cropping top and right - you should see a single pixel wide white line around the entire screen right at the edge and the angled gradations should -1 to -45 on all sides:

!cid_42197513-3a91-4af1-84ce-13c5cb4a3134@winuk.jpg

upload_2021-11-22_8-53-55.png

I don't know that TV but there must be a setting somewhere - probably in aspect ratio of something similar - maybe someone with an LG can help here?

xskip likes this.
  9. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Never enjoyed a LG tv, but you should look for where it says something like "disable overscan" or "just scan" or "1:1 pixelmapping".

Also, I can imagine tv's bad auto-zoom behaviour, should you have not set the Zidoo's screenscale at 100%.

Attached Files:

10. Issa

Issa Member

Agreed there is a something really I dont know what cause that. I am trying to look to TV setting if there is any problem.
    Thanks Mark for the feedback bro.

11. Issa

Issa Member

Yes, I have set screenscale at 100% but the letters on the right side is partially appear. I think the issue from TV let me check the setting and I will comeback to u.
    Thank u

12. revetrad

revetrad New Member

I have an LG C9, but the settings should be similar. Check to make sure these look right:

Settings -> Picture -> Aspect Ratio Settings -> Aspect Ratio - Original
    Settings -> Picture -> Aspect Ratio Settings -> Just Scan - On
    Settings -> Picture -> Additional Settings -> OLED Panel Settings -> Screen Shift - Off

13. Issa

Issa Member

Many Thanks Mark, Whitfield & Revetrad the issue been solved by Settings -> Picture -> Aspect Ratio Settings -> Just Scan - On, is set before as Auto.
    Appreciate your kind help as usual love ya all.

14. Markswift2003

Fantastic! :)

15. Cranbrest

Cranbrest New Member

Good afternoon, I'm from Belarus. I am going to purchase Zidoo Z9X and I had the following question, is it possible for this player to stretch the picture so that there are no black bars above and below, albeit with a violation of proportions. If there is an opportunity to take a screenshot of the TV screen in this mode, I will be grateful. Thank you in advance.

16. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

Hi! Yesterday I have seen on my zidoo z9x 2001 A Space Odissey BD UHD 1:1 (.m2ts files, 2 videos hevc so it is dual track dolby vision). I could appreciate it with Dolby Vision mode... I tried previously with my mkv remux but with .mkv i couldn't reproduce and get dolby vision mode. Do you know a fast converter for the containers (.mkv to .m2ts converter) please? Thanks..

17. Markswift2003

You can change aspect ratios so for example if a video is 1920x800 or 3840x1600 you can stretch vertically to 1920x1080 or 3840x2160.

However if the resolution is 1920x1080 or 3840x2160 with black bars encoded as part of the video then you can't "zoom".

So it depends what you are trying to do, but I can't see any reason why you'd want to strecth a 2.35:1 presentation to 16:9.

18. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

For UHD-BD to mkv you should use MakeMKV. It will convert dual track dual layer into single track dual layer. These play perfectly on Zidoo.

I wouldn't know of a convenient all-in-one-step mkv to m2ts converter.

19. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

Hi and thanks for the reply. I have done some conversion with makemkv but I don't know if it could downgrade video quality from the original files so I'm searching for some converters right now so I can keep both video tracks untouched

20. Markswift2003

MakeMKV converts Dual Layer Dual Track Dolby Vision to Dual Layer Single Track Dolby Vision (both Dolby Vision layers encapsulated in one video track) with absolutely no loss in quality - it doesn't do any encoding so both video layers remain untouched.

xskip likes this.