Recommended Settings and other knowhow for HiFi players/playback

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Feb 26, 2021.

1. lightsout

lightsout New Member

I'm confused if gapless is supposed to work or not? On the Z9X is listening to a symphony and there was an audio gap between songs. This was the same album so all the same sampling rate. I believe 96khz. It could have been MCH, would that be the problem?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Gapless playback is support playing 2CH/Stereo only and not with MCH in any format.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-upto-fw-v6-4-7-20-no-feature-requests.84836/
    Item #25 as I think it is should at least be stated clearly in specifications as a limitation.

3. Nice Monkey

Mostly Chapter-2 & Chapter-4 was updated with FW 6.4(7).42 changes. This not only including SACD playback which got near to perfect but with several other updates too.

If any discrepancies are found please report those.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

5. Nice Monkey

I can only hope it will but most of my MCH album sources are not affected as these have album tracks with a CUE sheet. Any live albums affected i do convert manually to that which is a good bypass.

This is the reason for not being marked red.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    rozel likes this.
  6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

You mean, you convert to Gapless?

7. Nice Monkey

Yes using XRECODE3 I merge all title tracks to a single album track with a matching CUE-sheet generated.
    In fact the program does so fully automatically with the correct settings.

rozel likes this.
  8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks - much appreciated