Recommended Settings and other knowhow for HiFi players/playback

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Updated recommended settings with the new downmix option for AC3 and DTS individually. Good new feature.

Could not agree more with @AEJ "Whatever format you like enjoy your music !".

2. Valary

Valary New Member

Is Zidoo going to support DTS CD format? There are not much music in this format actually, but I have several and it would be great to have an opportunity to listen them through zidoo internal player

3. Nice Monkey

Just read Chapter-4. Reported several DTD-CD variants not playing but now these have all been solved. Not solved is gapless playback with CUE sheets in fact creating gaps.

4. Dom107

Dom107 New Member

Thanks for the information!
    USB Audio Player Pro installed fine on Z1000PRO. All tags properly recognized.
    However I've a problem navigating with the mouse (Zidoo remote or Logitech K400 pad) : I didn't find how to scroll down/up a page when the albums list is larger than my screen.

I'm not using an external DAC. If I set RAW for HDMI output, my DENON AVR-X2700H DAB will do the whole DAC processing (which is fine for me)?

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Get yourself a cheap Bluetooth mouse - works perfectly when using UAPP - I had issues at first too

6. Dom107

Dom107 New Member

Thanks for the tip.

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I couldn't find it before but here is the link for the mouse, I use: -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08R617RDJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I use the sender to improve performance to the max - got it plugged in to a side port on the Z1000 Pro, which is tightly housed inside a low-level cupboard fronted with a darkened black glass screen - never had an issue to be honest. I rarely if ever use my V8 Remote that came with my Zidoo instead I rely on my Harmony Remote and this little baby from my arm chair. Good luck!

8. Dom107

Dom107 New Member

The mouse wheel is convenient. I can also use the scroll function of the K400 with 2 fingers on the touchpad.

Is there a way to avoid the "Allow USB Audio player to access the USB receiver" message when starting the Zidoo and at the first opening of UAPP?

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I get similar message when using UAPP in my car but a simple click or tap if using smartphone removes it assuming it isn't relevant. Depending on your UAPP's useage, it could be relevant. I haven't explored how to remove the message though but there's likely to be a setting in UAPP, there are many!

10. Dom107

Dom107 New Member

Found : uncheck first option of "Tweaks" in the settings.

rozel likes this.
  11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Excellent :)

12. coyote2

coyote2 Member

To get the SPDIF digital audio outputs (Coaxial and Optical) to output 5.1 from a video.mkv file, do I simply set Audio | SPDIF = Raw
    ?

And where is the "HD Audio Core Playback" switch the Tip tells me to turn on?

The audio destination is a 5.1 soundbar.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  13. Nice Monkey

Updated the text for the Downmix options. Should have put in both variables exactly as in the menu. Now corrected. Thanks'

coyote2 likes this.
  14. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Thank you very much for your helpful reply, Nice Monkey!

I got confused both by looking for the word "Core" and by incorrectly assuming that Downmix meant from multichannel to stereo (where apparently it means from something [I don't understand] more sophisticated than 5.1 to simple 5.1).

15. Nice Monkey

It is more something like stripping rather than downmixing, but Zidoo calls it that. It more or less removes the detailed high resolution add-on info from the standard definition signal.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    coyote2 likes this.
  16. Nice Monkey

Updated with more about Neo models and added support for Client/Server library APP's like ROON and Jellyfin.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  17. Djn04

Djn04 New Member

I’m interested in a Neo Alpha but wondering if I can incorporate it into a hybrid two channel/home theater setup.
    Is it possible to use the neo as a preamp with the analog outputs for two channel listening and also use them for front left and right with an AVR for home theater?

I currently do this with my preamp using the home theater bypass but the Neo doesn’t have analog in. Is there a way to send the surround channels to an AVR on the HDMI out and the front channels out the Neo analog outs? If so, I would need the Neo to do volume control, right?

I realize this is a very specific use case but would be excited if this is a possibility.

18. Nice Monkey

I don't think that would work without different delays for the actual audio paths. In a quality setup that is critical.
    The Alpha like Neo uses e.g. superior crystal components on the motherboard resulting in audible improved sound via HDMI for MCH beating my OPPO.

I have my analog outs connected to the same AMP and simply turn ON/OFF the DAC for HT/MCH listening changing the source on my AMP synchronized. The new MP7 FW 6.7.17 in fact makes Alpha a great SACD player also via HDMI.

19. Nice Monkey

Added a new chapter:
    Chapter-11: Client/Server applications like: ROON, JRiver, Plex, Emby and Jellyfin
    This seen increasing support for these. Opened a new topic with a request for Emby support.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    gymnos likes this.
  20. lightsout

lightsout Member

Sorry I should have not skimmed the op. Questioned answered.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022