PlexToZidoo : An external player for plex using native Zidoo player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gogo789, Nov 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bowlingbeeg

bowlingbeeg Active Member

You probably want to enable the developer options and set the background processes to at least 3. Then you should end up back to the right screen because Android won't kill Plex while you're watching.

2. Dezed13

Dezed13 New Member

For this issue, the automatically sign in option fixed it. Thanks @Goodyear77 . So far android isn’t killing plex for me, I guess cuz I boot straight to plex and don’t use any other apps. I don’t want to enable developer options until absolutely necessary, because as you say they reset on reboot.

3. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Great work @bowlingbeeg

I’m on spring break with the family, but looking forward to using your latest version when I get back. I used your last version with latest Plex pass beta APK, worked a treat.

@Markswift2003 any chance we could get a pin on this thread? This solution is miles ahead of Zidoo’s beta “plex client” and a real lifeline for those of us invested in the Plex echo system.

it would be nice if Zidoo newbies could quickly find this option in the future, vs suffering through the Plex beta from zidoo.

4. Goodyear77

Goodyear77 New Member

A quick note for anyone running Plex in a container (I’m using unRAID); I hade to change the mapping in the container to include a subfolder for PlexToZidoo to work.

Instead of mapping my media in “/mnt/user/media/tv” on the host to “/tv” in the container, I had to change the mapping to “/media/tv” in the container.

It didn’t work when I substituted “/“ to my smb-path, but it worked when I substituted “/media”.

You of course have to add the new path in Plex, scan the library and then remove the old path. I accidentally removed the old path at the same time when adding the new one in Plex and the server spent several hours finding intros for the TV shows

5. bowlingbeeg

This may be a bug in PlexToZidoo but I'm out of town for 2 weeks so won't be able to look at it until I get back.

Goodyear77 likes this.
  6. bowlingbeeg

@Goodyear77 I think I found a bug in the path substitution logic. I fixed it in the new version I just released(version 1.2).

github.com/bowlingbeeg/PlexToZidoo/releases/tag/v1.2

Gilgamesh likes this.
  7. Suramen

Suramen New Member

I have two volumes on my synology NAS. Is it possible to set up the "Part of the path to replace section" on UI with 2 lines : /volume1/Video and /volume2/Video V2 ?

8. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

I was trying to test this. I am having an issue with which version of the Plex app I should install? I tried 9.19.1.525 and 9.17.0.38861 for armeabi-v7a, but neither will let me switch to the TV mode interface. They restart in mobile each time. I can use mouse mode to setup in mobile mode, but it's not going to be usable without working in TV mode. I am using Z9X software version 6.4.40.

9. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

set it up with version 9.13.0.37280, it will let you switch to TV mode.

Rob W likes this.
  10. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

So do you have to keep it in the older version forever? Or just initial setup with that version?

11. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

just setup then update to latest.

12. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Thanks.

13. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Got it working. Quite painful process, could use clearer instructions in first post when possible. Auto play next episode doesn't seem to work.

14. bowlingbeeg

I don't have control over the original post or the orignal gihub but it is mentioned in the readme on the my forked github page, along with a lot more detail on how to set things up.

github.com/bowlingbeeg/PlexToZidoo

Rob W and Hokey1 like this.
  15. bowlingbeeg

@Suramen I think I understand your request but let me make sure I understand correctly.

You have a Plex libraray(say Movies) and it has two directories in it, "/volume1/Video" and "/volume2/Video V2". And the Zidoo can access them as "smb://192.168.x.y/Video" and "smb://192.168.x.y/Video V2". So then PlexToZidoo would need two "Part of the path to replace" and two "Replaced with" values such that "/volume1/Video" gets replaced with "smb://192.168.x.y/Video" and "/volume2/Video V2" gets replaced with "smb://192.168.x.y/Video V2". Is that right?

16. Suramen

Suramen New Member

Yes exactly

17. bowlingbeeg

Ok, let me see what I can come up with

18. bowlingbeeg

@Suramen - I put up a new version 1.3(github.com/bowlingbeeg/PlexToZidoo/releases/tag/v1.3) that I think should do what you want. In the "Part of the path to replace" and "Replaced with" fields you can now specify multiple substitutions by separating them with a comma. So in your case it would look like this:

"Part of the path to replace" = "/volume1/Video,/volume2/Video V2"
    "Replaced with" = "smb://192.168.x.y/Video,smb://192.168.x.y/Video V2"

Let me know if it works for you.

19. Suramen

Suramen New Member

thanks a lot. I'll try it and let you know

20. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Yes thanks for your updates. My issues were with Plex rather than this tool. The newest version has broken TV mode and the older version won't let you switch back to mobile mode after going into TV mode, and then you have the missing default playback option in TV mode. I must have installed it about 10 times. Once setup it's great and a really good solution on the Z9x.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.