PlexToZidoo : An external player for plex using native Zidoo player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gogo789, Nov 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bowlingbeeg

bowlingbeeg Active Member

2. Cod

Cod New Member

I assume we can just download and install new versions over the top of old version?

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

yes

4. lufc001

lufc001 New Member

I'm having issues where moving through the menus is rather slow, is this expected? Ive reinstalled a few times but still happening.

Also is the plex backgrounds still broken on the latest builds?

5. Gabotron

Gabotron New Member

Hello. I'd like to know if PlexToZidoo can support Trakt scrobbling.

I use an app called Plex-Trakt-Sync. If my understanding is correct, Plex-Trakt-Sync scrobbles a movie or show based on information shown in the Plex Dashboard (show/movie name, episode, date, time, playback progress). Does PlexToZidoo pass these information back to Plex?

Plex-Track-Sync scrobbling already works on my non-Zidoo devices.

6. bowlingbeeg

Are you asking about the menus in the Plex app? The only thing I can think of that would be slowing it down would be other background apps running. Maybe things like HT4 searching for new media files. Have you tried rebooting the zidoo?

7. bowlingbeeg

The Plex dashboard is not updated by this app because there are no known Plex APIs that would allow PlexToZidoo to update that information.

I'm not familiar with that tool but if it only looks at the dashboard then it won't work with the Zidoo. But if it just queries the Plex server for watched status and progress then that is updated by this app whenever you stop playing the movie/episode.

8. Gabotron

Gabotron New Member

Thanks for the reply. I was able to test Plex-Trakt-Sync and PlexToZidoo today. Unfortunately, Plex-Trakt-Sync did not detect the stream from PlexToZidoo at all. I still got all the features of PlexToZidoo though, i.e. subtitles, resume state.

I just found out in the Plex-Trakt-Sync logs that it's listening to streams via Websocket. I don't know what that means, but I got the logs:

When I used Zidoo, Plex, and PlexToZidoo (stream not detected and scrobbling does not work):
    Code:
    INFO     Listening for events!
    INFO     Starting AlertListener:
             wss://192-168-3-6.11af78abcdefghijklmnop.plex.direct:32400/:/
             websockets/notifications?X-Plex-Token=<hidden>
    INFO     Websocket connected
    ---
    When I used Zidoo, Plex, and CX File Explorer video player as external player (stream detected but not shown on Plex Dashboard, and scrobbling does not work):
    Code:
    INFO     on_activity: <tmdb:640146:Movie:28999:Ant-Man-and-the-Wasp>: Collected:
             False, Watched: [Plex: True, Trakt: True]
    ---
    When I used an Android tablet and Plex client (stream shown on Plex Dashboard and scrobbling works):
    Code:
    INFO     on_play: <Movie:28999:Ant-Man-and-the-Wasp>: 0.003171%, State: playing,
             Watched: True, LastViewed: 2023-05-20 15:30:54
    INFO     on_play: <Movie:28999:Ant-Man-and-the-Wasp>: 0.123826%, State: playing,
    INFO     on_play: <Movie:28999:Ant-Man-and-the-Wasp>: 0.258329%, State: playing,
    INFO     on_play: <Movie:28999:Ant-Man-and-the-Wasp>: 0.271762%, State: paused,
    INFO     on_play: <Movie:28999:Ant-Man-and-the-Wasp>: 0.273863%, State: paused,
    INFO     on_play: <Movie:28999:Ant-Man-and-the-Wasp>: 0.273863%, State: paused,
    INFO     on_play: <Movie:28999:Ant-Man-and-the-Wasp>: 0.273863%, State: stopped,
    ---

9. Dezed13

Dezed13 New Member

I use Plex trakt sync with this and it works if you schedule it to run on a particular interval. It doesn’t do live scrobbling but it’s good enough for my purposes. I doubt live scrobbling will ever work because Plex isn’t aware of what is being played until after you exit out of the zippo player.

10. Rulandu

Rulandu New Member

Thank you for your work ! it works now! How can I upgrade plex to the latest version? what should i download? Armv7a?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  11. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

armv7, you can update it through Google play if you run Google version.

12. Rulandu

Rulandu New Member

So, im going to install this one 9.25.02253 armv7
    Ty!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  13. allenilkb

allenilkb New Member

I have the zidoo Z9X pro, but I can't use the external player.
    I have tried a lot of versions of plex apk. from version 8.xx to 9.25, I have never see the option of mobile layout after I install the plex app. It is always using the TV layout without any option.
    I noticed that system ifo show it is base android TV OS, that may force the plex app using the TV mode.
    It is there any solution to change the into the mobile layout to use the external player?

14. bowlingbeeg

Once you've selected TV layout the only way to get back to mobile layout is to uninstall Plex and then reinstall.

15. allenilkb

allenilkb New Member

I uninstall Plex verytime before installing a new one. However, the mobile layout option never show up.

16. bowlingbeeg

As part of uninstalling I always clear the storage associated with the app. Have you tried that?

17. Dezed13

Dezed13 New Member

I don’t think you need to clear the app data. Uninstalling and reinstalling has worked for me. Are you sure you’re using the right apk? It should be Plex for android mobile armv7a , not android TV.

i like version 9.11: https://forums.plex.tv/t/plex-for-android/29115/449

18. karmu

karmu Member

There is no version for Android TV, only one APK for both. The setup decides how to install it.

19. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

Anyone get this working on new boxes (ex. Z9X Pro)? With Plex version 9.13.0.37260 I never get the option to stay in mobile mode, it defaults to TV mode. I did get this working previously on my Z9x so I don't think its a procedure issue on my part.

The "Advanced Settings" on the Z9X look like Android TV settings instead of plain Android so maybe Plex sees this as TV Player and just auto sets mode?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
  20. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

I'm having same issue as you with Z9X Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.