New firmware v2.1.22 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucabis

lucabis Member

But only I have problems that occasionally the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds and the audio continues to work?

2. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Have you definitely got an X9S and not a Z9S? The Z9S currently has the problem you describe.

3. lucabis

lucabis Member

Yes, I have x9s

4. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

I've had it too,i changed from 12bit to 10bit and it was gone.

5. lucabis

lucabis Member

I leave it on automatic. And I have all 8-bit movies

6. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

Try to set it to 10bit and not automatic.

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Don’t you see random micro stutters using Kodi player? Realtek chipset is not very well supported by Kodi.

8. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

If i set it to 3840x2160p 24hz it plays smooth.

9. lucabis

lucabis Member

I set 10 bit now I'll try. Another question in the color space and HDMI range have you left everything on automatic? Thank you

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

If you force 24Hz on 23.976fps film material you will get doubled frame (micro pause) every 20s by definition. Outside of this there are some other micro stutters from hardware incompatibility. You can see it in Kodi info as skip counter slowly increasing.

forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/new-firmware-v2-0-34-version-for-zidoo-x9s-release.10134/page-20#post-45238

11. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

Color space yc...444 and hdmi range 16-235.

12. lucabis

lucabis Member

Perché non mettere 0-255 sulla gamma HDMI? Ho un 65b6v lg.

13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

lucabis, tu prima prova, poi vedi se hanno ragione...

14. reach9

reach9 New Member

Hi

Thinking of buying the X9S.

Can users please comment on latest firmware's stability?

Read elsewhere that Zidoo firmware is weak.

For example, on which firmware version do Transmission and Aria2 work reliably?

Thanks!

15. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

X9S breaks HDMI CEC for my devices.

I have HDMI-CEC on for all devices ->LG OLED 65C8-->Denon x3500 AVR-->X9S and APTV4K
    If I turn off the TV, everything turns off.
    If I turn on the TV, AVR doesn't come on automatically - it breaks HDMI CEC between the TV and AVR.

I don't mind if CEC is not working on the X9S, I can live with using the X9S remote to switch on/off etc. But I cannot have it break/lock up CEC link between my TV and AVR.

Any suggestions please?

16. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

You can buy HDMI CEC blockers that you can put on your Zidoo. This should stop it from interrupting your other devices.

https://www.amazon.ca/Lindy-HDMI-Adapter-Female-41232/dp/B00DL48KVI

17. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

I think I've managed to fix it last night.
    I turned of all CEC settings on the X9S and did a reboot.
    Then I rebooted my TV and Amp. Now the CEC between my TV and AMP is working again.

I wont bother using the CEC functions on the X9S anymore - it is definitely broken/doesn't work as it should, will be using the X9S remote to control the player from now on.

18. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Hi - I thought I will post some feedback for Zidoo tech on my experience so far. I bought three Zidoo players, X9S, Z9S and Z10.

The X9S on the latest firmware 2.1.22, all good except only one issue for me that is - hdmi CEC function not working properly.
    The best thing about X9S is that it has no random blank screen issues and no micro stutters on latest firmware - this is good.

The Z9S has been the most unstable player for me, I updated to 2.1.30 it has random blank screens every one minute and sometimes double blank screens within 30-40 seconds and it is unusable. I updated to 2.1.40beta and the problem is still there. It is too annoying. I returned the Z9S for a refund.

The Z10, I updated to 2.1.30 and I have the random blank screen issue...then I updated to this 2.1.40beta and also I have random blank screen issue.
    I have tried everything on it, new hdmi cables but it still made no difference. It was not a cable issue, it is a firmware issue as everything works fine on the X9S.
    It looks like the Z10 cannot lock in the hdmi settings properly i.e. bit depth, colour space, and the range as well as the hdmi handshake and sync.
    Can you please prioritise fixing the random blank screen/hdmi handshake and resync issue on the Z10. I know you can fix it, because the X9S on 2.1.22 does not have any random blank screen issues.

So the most stable player for me for 4K HDR rips is the X9S at the moment.

Jeomite and 3DBuff like this.
  19. EB1000

EB1000 New Member

WTF? I cant load 95% of BD ISO's with menus in this latest FW... These ISO load w/o issues on Kodi 18 on Windows 10... When choosing "Play with blu-ray menu" it gets stuck on blue circle animation forever... Is this a known issue or is it just my X9S?

Thanks

20. lucabis

lucabis Member

[QUOTE = "filip kenens, post: 84367, member: 2797"] Spazio colore yc ... 444 e gamma hdmi 16-235. [/ QUOTE]

I tried the recommended settings, but in the videos there are shots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.