New Firmware v1.2.30 for DMP-A6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by ammar11, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Uwe

Uwe Member

There is no error-free software. I joined Wiim very early on. Wiim never shipped Alpha software. Errors are quickly corrected. A week of Amazon Music with Opus Codec would never have happened with Wiim.

The question is how does a company deal with errors. What is the process for the customer to report errors? Is the process linked to a ticket system in which documentation is carried out? Is the process transparent to the customer and provides feedback to the customer? Is there a publicly viewable bug list? I also miss a publicly viewable roadmap. These are all tools used to achieve customer satisfaction and there are fewer questions in the forum.

The A6 is a good streamer with good hardware. The display is a selling point for many people. But one thing is certain. Bluesound, Wiim and other companies will respond to the A6 and A8 very soon. If Eversolo does not deliver more stable firmware by then and the Eversolo Control app has been significantly improved as a user interface, the market will decide.

I have made my decision. If I own the A6 for six months and I'm not satisfied by then, it will be sold. I wish Eversolo that they can do it. I would be really sorry.

Amnesiac and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  2. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I agree, Eversolo could do much better when it comes to roadmap, documentation and how to report errors and general feedback or info posted on this forum (but so could many other companies - on their own forums, if they even have one).

Hifi Rose seem to have many problems too and their products are not cheap.

Software is not easy but they also seem to be in too much of a hurry.

They don’t even seem to check simple functionallity before pushing the firmware out. Having a check list with all functions and a list of what to call the functions across their platforms seems to be missing. Not that this is easy but it is very much needed to avoid ‘stupid’ mistakes…

3. Uwe

Uwe Member

Complete agreement. There is a lack of organization and quality assurance. A forum without secured access is also an indication.

4. Bergholdt

https costs a fee every year but sure it should be available.

I’m thinking, all Eversolo servers including this forum is located outside China.

The Great Firewall of China would not allow us to be this negative and still be alive :)

I’ve had Chinese co-workers and have seen and heard a few things internet related.

Amnesiac, Peter Wallop and Uwe like this.
  5. kc001

kc001 Active Member

They already have a secure certificate (just go to https://www.zidoo.tv/):
    upload_2023-12-3_15-12-54.png

6. Bergholdt

I’m not 100% sure how it all works but the subdomain ‘forum’ might point to servers elsewhere. Isn’t https something you buy for a specific server or is it the whole domain including subdomains?

7. kc001

kc001 Active Member

It depends what & where you buy the certificate from, but you can include from the "www address only to various complete domains or sub-domains.
    It may be that the host server software where the forum is located does not support https (but I doubt it)

8. Bergholdt

Ok. It might just be lazyness, then. Someone still needs to access the server and ‘upload’ the certificate.

9. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

I certainly agree with the roadmap & feedback argument - it would be nice not to feel the need to repeat oneself concerning a problem in an attempt to ensure that it doesn’t get forgotten.

Amnesiac and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  10. Mike]Pol

Mike]Pol New Member

After last onlide update fritmware to 1.12.30, and relogin Tidal, there is a problem with playback bug of lossless and max records.
    There are brakes/gaps during playback, now no way to listen to music. Has somebody solution for this? Tried everything in setting. Rebooting router, restarting, nothing helps.

11. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

AirPlay 2 will transmit your music at downscaled lossy AAC 256 kbps, hifi enthusiasts want losslesss hi-res but this seems to be going backwards.

I hope you’re not subscribed to Tidal HiFi Plus, Qobuz Studio or Amazon Music Unlimited otherwise you’re not getting what you’re paying for.

12. kc001

kc001 Active Member

In this case, the certificate is linked to the domain, so it should work with the forum. zidoo.tv as well,
    considering that both seem to be hosted in ucloud.cn (similar to Amazon's AWS)

upload_2023-12-3_16-9-48.png

13. Vinnie

Vinnie Member

It’s an additional feature that enables multiroom listening as an option on occasions when that would be useful. It doesn’t prevent you from listening in high resolution at other times, so you most definitely get what you’re paying for

Lesfetes, Uwe, db4 and 1 other person like this.
  14. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

My comment was clearly about AirPlay 2, of course not about other times.

15. KennethP

KennethP New Member

New user and first time poster here.

My DMP-A6 Master Edition arrived this week and so far I’m a happy customer.

After the latest upgrade it felt buggy though - and connection from the latest iPhone app to the DMP-A6 was completely lost.

Reboot of device and router didn’t make any difference but I realized that my IP had changed.

Discovering that I decided to make a new connection to the device (My device / Add device) and had to go through the scan QR code routine - and Bingo - connection restored and everything seems rock solid.

Just wanted to share my little victory here

Kenneth

Bergholdt, Peter Wallop and Inti like this.
  16. kdipner

kdipner New Member

Great to hear about your little victory! Just a friendly advice, if you want to stop this from happening in the future, you can do so by assigning a fixed local IP to your DMP-A6 in your Router. This is what I have done by myself after struggling to resolve the same issue. Never had this issue again.

KennethP likes this.
  17. KennethP

KennethP New Member

Great advice thanks!
    I’ll do just that.

Sorry for being a newbie here, this must have been discussed over and over, but are there any brilliant reasons for this not being implemented in the app?

I mean connecting to the “hostname” instead of the IP?

Nutul likes this.
  18. j2j

j2j Member

Yes Eversolo DMP need improvement and correct bugs as quickly as possible!But for other streamers, such as Wiim and Bluesound etc, also have many bugs.
    Eversolo software is basically a hybrid of Android. This is his strong point and also a weak point, It would never bug-free the same as Android or iOS.
    No any software or app are bug-free. If you want app or software has multi-function or deal with many other streamer providers, bugs come out. I tried many way to connect Roon to my 6TB musics in Synology DNS for a week and failed and my A-6 has no any problem to scan Synology musics.
    For me I just want A-6 or A-8 improve the music server function such as lyrics support, improved playlist function..

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    Peter Wallop and KennethP like this.
  19. Vismantas Bagdonas

Vismantas Bagdonas New Member

after this update DPM-A6 "Internet radio(BETA)" pplication stoped showing radio chanells. empty window ! before updare everything was ok. please fix this new issue ...

20. BarHan

BarHan New Member

No problem with Internet Radio(BETA), before or after the update.