New firmware v1.2.10 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Muschy66

Muschy66 New Member

As soon as I press VU or Spectrum the player crashes and no longer plays music.

Attached Files:

2. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I have a Platin HTX Surround Hub (WiSA based for wireless streaming to active WiSA speakers from Buchardt Audio and Platin). It’s very new and there are very few specs online about it. I managed to get one before it was sold officially on any webshop (here in Denmark).

My settings: IMG_0035.jpeg

I also feed it with Apple TV 4K and an XBOX Series X. It can decode Dolby Atmos and DTS:X up tp 5.1.2 (I have no sub yet so my setup is 5.0.2).

It does not accept DSD Native but plays back D2P if I use upmixing to Dolby Surround or DTS Neural X.

FLAC and WAV PCM files in 2, 5 and 6ch play without upmixing.

Maybe the issue is with specific DSD file types. Mine are all .dsf

3. Bergholdt

I’ve never seen DSD 5.1 displayed next to VU on my A6. I wonder why… (and your’s say 2&6ch below :) )

IMG_0036.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
  4. Muschy66

Muschy66 New Member

These are SACD ISOs with 2 channels and 5.1 channels. They are only displayed for this type and then the spectrum button also disappears.

If you press the VU button, the player crashes and no sound is played.
    The Yamaha 5200 is connected to HDMI

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
  5. Bergholdt

OK. I’m new to DSD. A6 is my first encounter. And I use only files purchased/downloaded from online sellers. I have no hardware for SACD.

I need to read up on DSD :) I have some SACDs / Blu-rays ordered from the 2L label in Norway. Want to try out the Blu-rays on my XBOX Series X for Dolby Atmos and DTS.

Is there some good info on SACD ripping somewhere that you could recommend?

6. kc001

kc001 Active Member

In plex, what is that "My" menu supposed to represent?
    "My Settings"? "My Account"? :):D:confused:
    upload_2023-10-15_15-47-31.png

7. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

Ripping SACDs to DSF, DFF, or ISO files and converting DST to DSD requires a compatible BR/SACD player and a free ripping program from Sonore called ISO2DSD.
    Only certain java powered BR players and early SACD capable PlayStation 3 (that had old and un updated firmware) can be used. I use a Sony BDP-S5100 blu-ray player and run the ISO2DSD software on a Windows 10 PC. A USB stick containing a small script is used to boot the player effectively placing the player into sleep mode and bypassing the player's internal firmware. It's then simply a matter of placing a SACD in the tray of the player's drive and running the free ISO2DSD software on your PC. You can rip a SACD to DSF or DFF files or the entire disc to an ISO file which the DMP-A6 can play as either 2 channel stereo or multichannel depending on what your preferred DSD playback is set in the DMP-A6.
    The BR player and PC require a common network connection on the same LAN IP network range and can use wifi and / or ethernet.

Attached Files:

8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Really? It's far easier on a Linux box. Of course you need a SACD / BR capable device, but this is true for every platform / OS, right?

9. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

DSC_0835.png
    Used Sony BDP-S5100 in excellent condition AUD50 + USB thumbdrive + Sonore ISO2DSD software is free = pretty inexpensive IMHO. When you have as many SACDs as I have ripping them makes complete sense.
    I don't know if the software runs on Linux or iOS. Don't use any of these operating systems so I can't comment.

10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I was specifically referring to this... then, of course, all the rest is true. What I like to focus is all the bloatware that Windows systems seem to be ought to bring in.

11. Ypslon

Ypslon Member

Amazon is pretty nice now. Finally! The thing is I can't like/dislike any music.

Peter Wallop, TheGovnah and Bonzo like this.
  12. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Well its certainly a whole lot better. I have only played with it about a half hour now, but I have 2 big issues so far.

First is that the beginning of songs thing is plaguing me. Its not silence either. Its like I get a quick blip of sound then the song starts. This is a MUST MUST fix issue.

Second, there really needs to be a way to easily go to the album. Once you are in song mode, you currently have to go all the way out and start over to get back to the album. This is a MUST fix issue. They either need to add an extra button, or, simply make it so when you touch the album art on the screen it goes to the album. That makes a lot of sense to me.

It will be nice to get more Amazon features as more updates come. Like the ability to like songs, or more importantly for me, to be able to look up the album and song information (release year, artist info etc).

But hey, this first step is a BIG one. This is much better than using in cast mode before.

13. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Yep, same problem.

I hate the 3 dot thing they have on Tidal etc. Its WAY too small and tedious.

I think the coolest solution is to either add a new button that goes back to the album, OR, make it so when you press on the picture of the album, then it goes to the album.

14. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

On Tidal you can hit the 3 dots to get there. Not the best solution but it does work. On the new Amazon there is zero way to do this other than to go back out and start over.

15. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Yeah, I wonder why in the world they did that. They don't take up less space. They are just harder to read now. Dumb change.

lemongrass likes this.
  16. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

If you use a Samsung tablet like you, you will like the new smaller right hand side buttons. Previously when in cast mode, the vertical volume slider and its associated buttons were almost completely obscured by those larger buttons, regardless of volume passthrough setting. Now with 1.2.10 firmware I can at last see the volume slider correctly positioned. In my mind, the smaller right hand buttons have allowed the volume slider to be visible at last, but perhaps the two things are unrelated ?

kc001 likes this.
  17. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Ah, I see. Gotcha.

I personally don't care about that volume slider because I use volume pass through, but I can see why that would be important to people who use the A6 volume.

18. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Now my phone will not connect to the A6.

What do I do to fix that?

19. Have you tried rebooting the A6? Also, make sure the app is up-to-date.
    If that doesn't work, maybe try rebooting your router with Eversolo off, then turn it back on after router is up.

Bonzo likes this.
  20. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Thanks. I did about 3 things at the same time and something did it. Not sure which. But I'm back to working.

Robert Crawford likes this.