New firmware v1.2.10 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Mine does play hi-res lossless 24/192 but I also noticed once that the album said hi-res lossless but the ‘pop-up’ window on the right said only lossless…
    IMG_0019.png

2. Bergholdt

But I believe that this view is new…

Haven’t seen it before :)

IMG_0020.png

3. George’s

George’s New Member

Mine does play the same this album but Julio Iglesias unfortunately no

Attached Files:

4. Bergholdt

I tried that one and first got 24/48 but then clicked around on other tracks and then got 24/192.
    IMG_0021.png

5. Bergholdt

Have you set everything to hi-res lossless in settings?
    IMG_0022.jpeg

6. Ypslon

Ypslon Member

Try exFAT.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
  7. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

Well I installed V1.2.10 firmware yesterday and things have got worse for DSD playback. :mad:

Using HDMI output, playing any DSD format file and then attempting to display the VU meters or the spectrum display instantly crashes the unit, kills the audio and locks up the DMP-A6.
    After persistent tapping on the screen you eventually can navigate the menus but there's still no audio even when playing any other format (WAV, flac etc). Progress bar indicates the track is playing but counter is progressing at approximately twice the speed with a 5 minute track completing in about just about 2 and a half minutes and there's is no audio. Tried switching the spectrum display off to see if it made any difference. Unfortunately it didn't make any difference. Oh, and the muted audio at the beginning of tracks issue is still a problem.

Another issue is multichannel DSD playback. Set the HDMI output preference to DSD Native and multichannel. Playback a multichannel track from either a DST or SACD ISO file and the AVR reports DSD 5.1 but there's no audio. This is not a fault of the AVR as it plays back perfectly from other DSD via HDMI sources such as my Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/CD player and another el-cheapo universal BR player.

When the DMP-A6 locks up the only resolutions are to power cycle or reboot the DMP-A6 and not play any DSD related formats. How embarrassing. :( I did discover that if you toggled the output from HDMI to SPDIF and back to HDMI the unit recovered, but the same problem as mentioned above persists when playing any DSD files. I will do further testing as time permits.

8. Bergholdt

I have no such problems with my DSD 5ch .dsf files.

I can output via HDMI as DSD Native or D2P and have the VU meter and Spectrum displayed without it crashing…

And the 5ch files shows up in the iPad app player as DSD64 when outputing as DSD Native and as PCM when outputing as D2P. So, that seems to work fine for me.

IMG_0031.jpeg IMG_0029.jpeg IMG_0028.jpeg IMG_0027.jpeg

Nutul and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  9. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'm experiencing these issues on two different AVRs that both operate faultlessly with other 2 channel and multichannel DSD sources via the same HDMI inputs and using the same HDMI cables. I suspected there might have been a cable issue so the interconnects were swapped out with several different HDMI cables to no avail. :(

Perhaps you might want to share what your HDMI settings are on your DMP-A6 and for some context the brand and model AVR you're using which are working perfectly. Maybe I've got some setting configured incorrectly? :confused:

10. Stuj

Stuj Active Member

I too have no problems with 5.1 DSD going into a Yamaha 3070 IMG_0581.png

11. wcseow

wcseow Member

For me with 1.2.10, and HDMI as output, unable to play DSD64 2 channel. No audio out although the A6 screen shows the album art

DSD MCH is fine.

Prior to 1.2.10, its working and very stable. Hope Eversolo can identify and rectify this

My AVR is Yamaha 5200

Thanks

Spizz likes this.
  12. Ravendorfer

Ravendorfer New Member

I have installed APK file YouSee Music, but cannot login to my account. The login button doesn’t respond. Please help.

13. Eric777

Eric777 Member

Great update! The new meters add a cool special effect to the currently playing title! This interface is very successful graphically, the best I have seen.

I found 2 minor bugs (also present in previous versions):
    - when I search for a song with accents, like "Débranche", the smartphone app and the DMP-A6 cannot find the song. Even if I replace the accent in my search by unaccentuated character. I have to partially search for a word, like "branch".
    - if I change the genre of a song, via the MP3 tag, a library update does not reflect the updated genres. I need to delete the library and add it again. This is very long on a large library.

It's not a bug I think: one of the elements of Radio Paradise has disappeared since the last version.

Some suggestions:
    - have the option to display MP3 comments where the encoding info is displayed.
    - when displaying a genre, show alphabetical filter (see proposition_1.jpg), to browse easily
    - on the application, show the name of the artist in place of quality of music (who care to know the music's quality all the time?) . See proposition_2.jpg

Thanks to have read me.

Attached Files:

lemongrass likes this.
  14. Radio Paradise app is working fine for me - I’m in the UK

15. Eric777

Eric777 Member

Sorry, I meant "one of the Radio Paradise genre" (not the whole Radio Paradise)

16. Dusty

Dusty Member

Ran some tests:
    1. Local music from the internal ssd has no issues with the vu meters or the spectrum.
    2. Anything that’s internet streaming, radio or tidal, causes the vu meters and the spectrum to be out of sync. The most obvious way to see this happening is to listen to songs with big dynamic range and wait for quiet parts and you will see the needles go to the left and while the quiet part is still playing the needles jump to the right all of the sudden and one second later the music becomes louder. I can reproduce this every time. So, the vu meter measures the music correctly, it’s just that the playback is delayed by a second. They need to be in sync.

lemongrass likes this.
  17. Muschy66

Muschy66 New Member

The same problem for me with SACD ISO 2 channel via HDMI, the Eversolo gets stuck, with 5.1 everything works.
    With the old firmware everything runs 1A.
    I also have a Yamaha 5200.

DSD works 2 channel and 5.1 channel.
    SACD ISO 2 channel does not work.
    5.1 channel works 1A

Attached Files:

Spizz likes this.
  18. GoLeafs

GoLeafs New Member

Thank you @mirror for the firmware update! Your team has done a nice job.

A few minor observations for the internal player, using iOS app on iPad:

1. Disk number and track number are being read from tag info and being properly displayed in the album view but only for multi disc albums. Track number is not displayed for tracks on single disc albums.
    2. This info is not being displayed in other views either, for example the music player interface play queue panel or in the favourites view.
    3. Not sure if this was part of the update (if not perhaps in the future). Within the album view, artist a-z sort, albums for artists with multiple albums are not sorted a-z but just seem to appear in random order.

Once again, nice job and thank you.

lemongrass likes this.
  19. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

For Radio Paradise users, the outage yesterday and removal of the Global Mix stream appears to be just coincidental to the A6 firmware update. This stream’s been removed from BluOS as well.

Xanderzdad and Eric777 like this.
  20. George’s

George’s New Member

Yes, I have set everything like you, it is ok, thanks for helping