New firmware v1.1.80 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Werther44210

Werther44210 Member

Rather personal tastes, Pioneer amp rather dry, I listen with the Firmware (the new one) with Denon amp (neutral) and Focal speakers (neutral and dynamic), no sound discomfort on my configuration which is not too loud, it must be even more comfortable with a soft amp like Marantz or NAD in my opinion. Difficult to tell you depending on the person, it's your ears that tell you.

2. Stanislav Souček

Stanislav Souček New Member

Hello,
    is this firmware also for master edition?

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Yes, the ME has some hardware amenities, but the software is the same.

4. Stanislav Souček

Stanislav Souček New Member

thanks....

5. timm

timm Member

Just curious if anyone knows if zidoo is working on future firmware updates?

6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Yes, Zidoo does. Latest alpha firmware is v1.1.85 on their server.

7. kc001

kc001 Active Member

Just set up the Master Edition (came with this firmware).

A few observations:
    - If selected input is usb and usb is connected to the PC (wasapi driver), I get no sound when selecting Eversolo as a Roon endpoint (Roon shows that it's playing).
    - same with Tidal connect.
    I think the source should be irrelevant if selecting Roon or Tidal or whatever direct-to-device playback
    - If selected input is usb and usb is connected to the PC (wasapi driver) and you select the wasapi audio device for playback via Roon, it does not work correctly and you get no display of the current playing track (name/album etc), neither do the vu meters work :-S

The known screensaver bug that it comes up (and does not go away) when direct playback (roon/tidal etc) is playing.
    It even stays on even if you change the volume up/down

Can't wait for a spectrum analyzer like foobar's (instead of the VU meters):
    upload_2023-9-18_19-14-56.png

Otherwise, nice job guys !!

8. MultiStream

MultiStream New Member

I would so much like to read the albums booklets available in Qobuz or stored on my A6 internal memory …. Those are just pdf files it shouldn’t be a great deal to make them available for reading while listening music.

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It is probably due to the fact that if it is connected to a PC, its DAC is busy, hence Roon cannot make up with this...
    The wasapi thing is better avoided, IMO (just not to add another useless node in the audio chain), but then, everybody is different.

10. kc001

kc001 Active Member

I have been using the Wasapi (exclusive) connection with my Gustard X16 this way for more than a year - no audio issues whatsoever.
    The DMP-A6 is replacing the Gustard X16 because it doesn't need a PC to function. That said, I still want to use it's DAC from the PC as well.
    The whole point of mentioning here is to help in ironing out the bugs .. I they don't know a problem they won't be able to fix it ;)

11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Agree with you about the bug-reporting thing.
    Anyway, the X16 is not a streamer, that is: there is no streamer software in it that could suffer from the DAC being locked by a USB-connected device (aka a PC).

Then you also said that, although bad, the wasapi works (same scenaroi as with the X16).
    What obviously cannot be guaranteed is that being the DAC locked by the external PC, it might not be available to the "internal PC running the streamer software" (or better, the Android subsystem) that the A6 basically is.

12. kc001

kc001 Active Member

What don't you understand?
    Roon Client on PC -> Wasapi driver -> Gustard X16 Dac = Sound
    Roon Client on PC -> Wasapi driver -> Eversolo DMP-A6 Dac = Sound

But, while playing "Roon Client on PC -> Wasapi driver -> Eversolo DMP-A6 Dac", if you select Eversolo as a Roon endpoint on another device eg an Android tablet and select something there to play, it shows like that is playing on the tablet, but Eversolo continues to play the usb output. The source does not change.
    The logical thing would be that new selected source (direct or physical) overrides the current playback source.

PS: Wasapi's exclusive mode prevents other Windows Apps to use the driver - you can still change the source on the Device though

Last edited: Sep 18, 2023
    TheGovnah likes this.
  13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Maybe it's you that don't understand: the wasapi driver is marking it busy => not usable in Roon.
    The fact the Android tablet shows like it is playing while it's not, that's a bug in the app.

I agree that the last selected source should replace the current one; problem being Roon is not able to select it because the device does not respond / allow it to do so.
    Of course you can still change the source on the device itself; it's just this is not the case for Roon being allowed to do so remotely.

What should be is not always what it is.
    Looks like a bug, and most probably on the Roon client on the A6. Possibly a software update will fix it.

14. Andreafiorini

Andreafiorini New Member

Hello to everybody …. Is there a way to listen to an internet (flac) radio by inputing directly the url ?

Gil Fuhrer likes this.
  15. Attached Files:

16. Andreafiorini

Andreafiorini New Member

Tks a lot i’ll try it…. Where can i find instructions on how to install it to the dmp-a6 ?

17. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

Take a look at the "Review and need-to-know Eversolo DMP-A6 streamer" thread.

18. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

With this thread and with this part specifically, I achieved it without much difficulty.

I hope it helps like it did me.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...aming-music-apps-aggregated-list.96057/page-5

I'm assuming you just download the APK to your pc and side load it like any of these other apps.

turn on your A6
    In a browser, type http:\\xxx.xxx.x.xxx:18888 (xxx IP address of Eversolo)
    Use the browse function to select the downloaded APK.
    Voila - check your A6 - app should be installed

19. Delpo74

Delpo74 Member

20. MGX-UK

MGX-UK New Member

Where have you seen this news?