New firmware v1.0.36 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

Has something changed in the keyboard settings at the latest version (.36). Now my Rii 8+ does not work fluently with it. There were no issues with v.33.

2. Joescarbrough

Joescarbrough New Member

My Rii 8+ is working exactly the same. That wouldn't have anything to do with firmware upgrades, it's controlled within Android 5.1.1.

3. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

Manually downloaded and installed 1.0.36. Only used it for a few hours since updating, everything appears to be working fine. Kodi appears to work better, too early to really know. Was zdmc updated? It still says v16.0. It didn't mention if the download was rooted or unrooted. I know that my box is unrooted, will this keep the box unrooted?

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

mine was rooted. i did update from 1.0.33 if the first 10 minutes of power on. You can use cpu-z to see if its rooted or not.

5. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

Will there be a problem for future updating if the box is rooted?

6. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Some apps check for an su or sudo binary in /system/xbin and treat your box as if it is rooted regardless of the fact that your root account and its file permissions may not be working properly. Most of the OTA update zips, including .36, actually do contain an su binary in /system/xbin.

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

no. you should be fine

8. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

Having an android box is new to me. I had 2 Pure Linux box's. This x6 box is sweet. Even Kodi works very well, loaded the Phenomenal skin, configured it to my liking, so much better than Confluence default skin. I can set up kodi with my eyes closed, learning more about Android and the x6 pro every day. Love that if it freezes up I can restart it just by pressing the Power Button then reboot. I was tired of having to get up with the other box, especially when I had bad knee pain. This is an excellent media player, very happy with it. Some have complained of audio pass through not working with firmware 1.0.36. No problem with my Sony STR-ZA1000ES AV receiver.

9. neamielu

neamielu Member

Back again, two weeks later: the problem is back right after I restarted my x6 for the first time after update. Same issue, transmission lost the settings and the service asked to be reinstalled.

For now I'm done installing and testing shits like naskit and hoping everything will be fine, is the second bloody time I loose all my queue and all the settings!

Except that, I discovered that after uninstalling NASkit, the services are still running!
    @HoneCharles @spring & the tech support, PLEASE, post instructions to full uninstall the NASkit crap!

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  10. agmarco

agmarco Member

Not sure what is wrong but when I watch a movie from ZDMC it stops after about 1 minute. The movie is on my connected harddisk. Never had this problem before. Someone with the same problem or even better a solution?

11. adam1411

adam1411 New Member

Hello Agmarco,

Do a fresh install
    New firmware v1.0.36 with USB install

12. HoneCharles

HoneCharles Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

When you uninstall the Naskit,you should reboot your deivece.then will be ok

13. neamielu

neamielu Member

of course I uninstalled it, and guess what - after reboot the transmission daemon and ALL naskit services and functionalities are there in the background.

I also noticed the Backup from Kodi repository is NOT working, it refuses to install some dependencies. On my all other android devices (and on PC as well),the backup app from Kodi works just fine.
    Basically we have no way to backup at least our kodi settings, if not the whole box via twrp. This should be fixed in the future. I would prefer both of them, but at least the kodi's backup.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  14. Adl

Adl Member

After testing almost 9 devices with amlogic cpu, amlogic is crap. Rockchip is always working. You know RK3288. Good chip. Now RK3229 better

15. dcc

dcc New Member

Are you working for Rockchip? Because just throwing judgements without any kind of details is odd. We don't believe you.

16. gridlock

gridlock Member

and not only that bro , in many forums , amlogic s812 and s905 is receiving all the praise....

17. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

I have read that the rocketship 3368 as is in the x6 pro is better, but I am no expert, only what I have read. A lot more devices use Amlogic, but that doesn't make it better.

18. Adl

Adl Member

No i'm not working at rockchip. I have tested many devices with rockchip, amlogic etc.
    I have also many devices with : s905 s805 rk3368 rk3228, tegra x1 , hisilicon.
    Rockchip software is much stable than amlogic at 4k.
    Amlogic temperature is higher than rockchip.

19. Goujam

Goujam Member

If rockchip software is so good why can't they implement proper 23.976 playback. This must be one of the most basic things a media player should do.

20. agmarco

agmarco Member

Thanks, but I already have this version installed. How to install again? I also noticed my controller can't get the box powered on anymore. I have to detach the power cable and after I plug it in it powers up. Then the remote works again.

nexy33 likes this.