New firmware v1.0.36 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2016.

1. blackadder

blackadder New Member Beta test group

Why writing? Because i want to see it solved like everyone want to see their issues solved. I report what is not working well and give some info. You have comment about everyone and everything. Why don't you keep your comments about others for yourself instead of complaining in every thread there is. Do you have a headache by now with all the headshaking?

dimtris and Jeomite like this.
  2. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

How do I go back to the ZDMC? Where do I find the apk to download? I did backup my zdmc addons and setting, so it shouldn't be too much work.

3. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

I can confirm, audiodalay range does nothing. Still audio out of sync. So you are magical.

4. Paulus

Paulus Member

You will find the ZDMC apk unzipping last X6 OTA file and looking inside folders to find it. Honestly now I don't remember the right folder, sorry.
    It could be /system/preinstall ...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  5. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

You can find apk on this forum. Go to index page, then look 3 rows down

6. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

I'm having a hard time finding it. Do you have the link for the page? Thanks.

7. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

8. RGdM

RGdM New Member

Zidoo team, I have a question about the native player (Media Center). If I want to access my files on my computer, it keeps asking for a username and password. I have never setup my home network with a username or password, so I wouldn't know what to fill in there. Accessing my files through Kodi or any other laptop or PC on my network works flawless, only Zidoo asks for a username and password. I have tried to use the credentials which I use to log on to that PC in the windows startscreen but it doesnt work. This is really frustrating as the new update has integrated Atmos passthrough and I wanted to test my atmos setup but I cannot access my video's. Logging on anonymously also doesnt work, it keeps asking for username and password.
    Is there a way around this? I'm using windows 10 pro x64.

9. vitocorl

vitocorl Member

1. Right click to network icon and Open Network and Sharing center. 2. On the left, click Change advanced sharing settings 3. Go down to all networks and see the section : Password protected sharing. 4. If it is enabled, disable it, if not, enable it, press "Save Changes" then disable it again and press again "Save Changes". 5. If all the above do not provide a solution, enable Netbios from your ethernet card's properties in you PC. 6. Check again the sharing properties of your PC folder, to see if you have given access to everyone.

I assume that you have already rebooted both the PC and Zidoo at least once, before you tried to access the shared folders.

10. vitocorl

vitocorl Member

You can also try to enable password protected sharing, create a password for your PC and try again with Zidoo, if all the above fails.....

11. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

It's all about your network share configuration. Can you access your resources from other windows pc?

12. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

In my environment, my PC (windows 10 Pro) have a share with rights (on the share itself) as "Everyone - Full control", and as Security again "Everyone - Full control", moreI've addedd also my access account, with again "Everyone - Full control" Security rights.
    Then, on Media Center, I've added my PC and given my access account username and password, and all is working fine.
    Indeed, I usually prefer another media player (ZDMC or Movian), and Universal Media Server (DLNA and uPnP) as multimedia contents server on the PC.

Unluckily, Zidoo has not yet added support for uPnP/DLNA on his Media Center. It's a pity!

P.S. I'm still on 1.0.34 FW, at least until I'm sure to gain root access again. I'm a little afraid by high number of bugs/problems reports, and I prefer to wait a good enough report about a FW version from a trusted user.

13. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Kodi/ZDMC has great support for upnp/dlna

14. RGdM

RGdM New Member

Hi all,

thanks for trying to help... But it's still not resolved. The things I've done so far:

- Insert administrator as username in Media Center and leave password blank (as instructed by Zidoo team)
    - Checked all sharing settings in win10, all is set to everyone, and I can access the files through other computers, except with Zidoo Media Center
    - Turned on password protected sharing, turned it off again
    - Enable NetBios over TCPIP

None of these options have worked, it keeps asking for username and password that I have never setup in the first place.

Do any of the other users have experience with this weird issue? Are you able to access your files on your PC? Does it ask you for username and password and if yes, where did you get it from?

Zidoo team, isnt there a way to logon to my PC without these credentials? Only Zidoo asks for it, any other device in my network just access the folders without prompting.

Thanks again for your help!

15. PacoRabanne

Put a password on your PC logon account, but before look around on "how to boot windows 10 without entering password". Google is your best friend.
    I had a problem similar to your long time ago, and I solved it in this way.
    Trust me...

16. RGdM

RGdM New Member

Did you first put on a password and then configured your pc to logon without a password? Can you describe step by step how i can fix this?

17. PacoRabanne

1. yes
    2. use Google and find yourself the simple procedure. if you put
      "windows 10" autologon
      as a search string you find the way.
    Please, don't be lazy :p

18. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

This seems to be ROOTED version BY default, WHY? Now official media stream apps won't work with this build :mad:!

Please publish always NON-ROOTED version as default and then a separate image for ROOTED if needed. o_O

19. Keith Williams

Keith Williams New Member

All releases seem to be partial root. Busybox is installed in all releases so to some official media stream apps will not work. If you view the one key root thread it will explain in detail, especially contributions from Harlan.

20. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

SuperSU's "Full unroot" -command was able to unroot firmware, so now those media apps works again. Don't know what it did, but it worked!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016