New firmware v1.0.34 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Petar86

Petar86 New Member

Question: zidoox6 pro software are ok ....for update to latest download and install with otg port???? It s correct?

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Me too (Milan, Italy). Maybe for all.
    Is not a flash image procedure, is only a simple update.
    Download OTA file, even directly with X6 browser, and do update following this procedure: http://blog.zidoo.tv/2015/02/how-to-upgrade-the-zidoo-x9-firmware/
    You need only to find OTA file, should be in "downloads" folder.

3. nakata

nakata Member Beta test group

Same here (Greece)

4. Joescarbrough

Joescarbrough New Member

Lmao!

Poor little silly Grummel, standing alone while everyone picks on you.

I have an idea... If you stop writing, everyone will stop showing you how ridiculous you and your statements are.

5. Joescarbrough

Joescarbrough New Member

o_O Don't we all wish. o_O

neamielu likes this.
  6. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

The Zidoo Update app has a local update button that works with files downloaded to one of the local drives or SDcards.

7. neamielu

neamielu Member

Related to the weather problem others reported: on my X6 the weather screen works fine and updates as usual, also the little icon on upper left side shows the current readings. Just saying.

8. Keith Williams

Keith Williams New Member

Not working here, Kent ,UK. Also under Kodi system information summary seems I am now on Kodi 15.2 . I think firmware 1.0.33 had Kodi 16 loaded. Whats going on?

9. bovirus

bovirus Member Beta test group

@mirror

Could you please releease with any new firmware version also the full stock image (not only OTA)?
    It can be useful to avoid full stock + OTA updates.

PacoRabanne likes this.
  10. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Probably it uses yahoo weather. Completly broken currently

11. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Uninstall your kodi version and install kodi from play store or zdmc apk.

12. PacoRabanne

+1

13. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

you have to set the town new - then you will find the right town
    funny - i found 5 weather data from my town - now i have to test which is the nearest one :(

14. gridlock

gridlock Member

thank you team zidoo for the efforts in releasing 1.0.34....
    hopefully you'll be fixing the chronic stutter in ogyoutube and youtube soon.... and also the out-of-sync audio when using mxplayer.

15. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

FWIW, I don't have any out of sync audio problems with MX Player or any stuttering with Youtube. You might try killing/disabling some uneeded apps and services.

16. PacoRabanne

First of all, Harlan, this is not an ironic or sarcastic request.
    Could you advise me about which are the unneeded apps and service already installed on X6 that in your experience is best to freeze and/or uninstall?
    Also, if you'll have the patience to add more info, there are other (classic or not) apps that could impact on X6 play performances?

TIA!
    (another acronym ;) )

17. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

Surely. Here's a screenshot of my Settings>Apps>Disabled screen. Screenshot_2016-03-31-16-37-07.png

All of those are preloaded/running by default and a few even provide background services. I already have 2TB USB drives connected to a Netgear router on Ready share and a Ravpower WD10 File Hub. So I just don't need things like the eHomeMediaCenter and its NAS server running on my X6. The others are either unnecessary or duplicative.

I use Advanced Task Manager to periodically kill other programs that are started by the system.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    PacoRabanne likes this.
  18. gridlock

gridlock Member

in some russian forums , some owners complained about the same issues... i'm aware that there could be some background apps that could affect the performance , but i don't think to such a level of stutter on 1080p video playback on youtube or out-of-sync video playback on mxplayer.
    aside from those issues and the weird behavior of the weather app , this firmware is honestly good and truly shows the continuous effort being exerted by the zidoo team to satisfy their customers....

19. Harlan

Harlan Active Member

I'm satisfied with both my Zidoo X6 and X9. They get used almost around the clock by various family members, and they run a variety of Google and Amazon store apps very well.

20. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

Before going to sleep I checked the Weather Widget (it was broken after the upgrade) and it started doing an update! Very COOL!