New firmware v1.0.24 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Nov 27, 2015.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

ZIDOO_X6 Pro
    v1.0.24

kodi update:
    1.Solved the audio out of sync issue when enable passthrough

System:
    1.Add custom control power button function, the choices includes poweroff/standby/dialog box, and the default is a dialog box, it can set through settings-device-powerkey define.(You can one key to power off now,Thanks goujam feedback)

File management:
    1.Solved the issue that's default of entering storage when connected USB device.

Red/Green/Blue short-cut buttons:
    1.Add "subtitle" "Audio" "stop" short-cut funciton to red/green/blue short-cut button(just in kodi).

OTA zip file
    Mediafire mirror:http://www.mediafire.com/download/a3zkzhqofo9mh9a/ZIDOO_X6_v1.0.24_ota.zip
    Amazon mirror:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/zidoo_x6/ZIDOO_X6_v1.0.24_ota.zip

MD5:75C6784CF17E795D4EAB107FD7F26E99

How to upgrade: http://blog.zidoo.tv/2015/02/how-to-upgrade-the-zidoo-x9-firmware/

Please note:If happen black screen when play some streaming on ADDON via kodi , please disable the "RKCODEC".We will solve it in next version.and we will update the easycast to support IOS 9.1.
    If happen black screen when start play local video file.It's Auto framerate switch function,the nomal!

Screenshot_2015-11-27-10-45-47.png Screenshot_2015-11-27-10-46-34.png Screenshot_2015-11-27-10-47-58.png Screenshot_2015-11-27-10-48-04.png

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    hook7 likes this.
  2. user59

user59 Member

Thank you...
    Cheers

3. SillyWilly

SillyWilly New Member

Great, keep up the good work!!

4. SergeyK

SergeyK New Member Beta test group

Good job! Please Add "PLAY" to short-cut buttons. It's very important, when play BDMV folder via KODI.

huysnet likes this.
  5. gridlock

gridlock Member

thanks a lot for all the efforts....
    actually , even when using mxplayer (on the previous version 1.0.23) there is a sync issue.... so just wondering, is it fixed on version 1.0.24 or it's only fixed on kodi? i mean , is the fix system-based of just kodi based?
    one more issue on version 1.0.23, there is a delay in recognition of usb external drives and sometimes you have to even plug the drives off and on again....
    -regarding kodi ; is there any way to have video zooming options in future kodi versions (auto fit to screen , 16:9 ...etc) ?
    God blessings....

6. jvanhambelgium

jvanhambelgium Member Beta test group

This 1.0.24 release does not seem to solve the "lipsync" issues still present in KODI
    Tried : DVDISO , Bluray-Folder , MKV
    Each of the files needed +- 450ms compensation in order to have the lips move correctly related to the audio.

This is something I really want to see fixed asap actually, it is so basic functionality...Is it just me who has these issues ??

ZIDOO : Can you use a set of reference TESTFILES that you used to confirm the fixing of audio-delay etc ? At least there is a common setup of content to test against.

7. Rew452

Rew452 Member Beta test group

OK, Pass-Through audio is different but still wrong.
    Almost seems like you have different audio delay settings; you really need an automatic way to compute it correctly.

Kodi running HDHomeRun add-on is now 0.100s delayed
    Using MKV files made from original disks using MakeMKV

Kodi running Emby add-on is now 0.400s delayed
    Native Player seem correct.

Color Space is still wrong YCbCr 444 but too dark
    Need to add Color Space selection to System Settings
    YCbCr 444
    YCbCr 422
    RGB 444 Studio Format (Limited RGB)
    RGB 444 PC Standard (Full RGB)

System Video Settings needs Refresh Rates for US TV
    59.94Hz and 29.97Hz
    Using 60Hz and 30Hz causes micro stuttering

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  8. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

I don't think they know what they are doing....

9. Gitechlo

Gitechlo New Member

Same audio sync issues here.

10. Michael M

Michael M New Member Beta test group

Oh no. I was so excited to try this and it is no different. The sync issue in Kodi is still there. I am just baffled by this. How can I return this thing? It's just one big headache. I appreciate the effort you are making but I just don't understand how this particular issue is unsolvable.

11. Jeomite

Jeomite New Member

Has anyone actually experienced that the "previous audio sync" issue has been fixed in this new firmware version?

I am very disappointed with the Zidoo X6 Pro product. I just purchased it last week (and it's my second Andriod TV /Kodi box - my first one is a Element TI4 box).
    From day one, the audio out-of-sync through HDMI passthrough was NOT been working. I purchased the Zidoo x6 Pro so I can run 4K@60hz on my 4K TV. It runs at the resolution just fine, EXCEPT the audio is totally out of sync via Kodi on my surround sound system. My Element TI4 works perfectly fine through HDMI passthrough; I purchased the Zidoo X6 Pro exclusively for their feature to run 4K@60hz, otherwise my Element TI4 does what the Zidoo X6 Pro (but BETTER).

It is sad it cannot even perform the "basic" functionality of any other Andriod TV/Kodi box. This should've been functional from day one, otherwise they should have never allowed this product to be sold or released!

And yes, I purchased both boxes primarily for Kodi. I do not want to use the native video player.

12. simple6

simple6 New Member

Same audio passthrough AUDIO/VIDEO Sync issue for me too. Almost identical to 1.0.23 beta.

Thanks for your efforts Zidoo team. It seems you seriously work on it but this is still a massive problem..!

13. simple6

simple6 New Member

Sad and true...

I just hope this is resolved before Xmas.

14. Rew452

Rew452 Member Beta test group

Just tried Iso's using the native player, loads and changes refresh rate but does not play anything.

15. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

kodi update:
    1.Solved the audio out of sync issue when enable passthrough

You guys really fuckdup the AudioSync on this version.
    1.0.23 was a little bit better.

16. negher

negher Member

Audio synchronization worsened in 1.0.24 (passthrough) o_O:confused::(:mad:

17. dferregu

dferregu Member

Thank you very mucho
    Please do not stop updating X6 pro
    Best regards

18. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

Thanks, looking forward to get v1.0.25! I hope that AirPlay support will be released very soon.

19. bovirus

bovirus Member Beta test group

20. papirus

papirus Member

Not showing external .srt subtitles and not running Divx (.avi) videos due to licence error even with the firmware v1.0.2.4 is absolutely ridiculous.

They're serious problems that shouldn't be underestimated. I don't get it how we can still experience these problems after Zidoo X9 and X1.