New firmware v1.0.24 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Jeomite

Jeomite New Member

After owning the Zidoo X6 Pro for about a week. I decided to simply just return it for a full refund on Amazon.
    I don't understand how a product with such a huge flaw gets released on the market. "HDMI passthrough" is a huge yet basic feature for home entertainment consumers, and they cannot even get that right (even with multiple "new firmware releases").
    I cannot confidently pay money for an incomplete product.

2. HDMEDIA

HDMEDIA Member

yes,this is big problem ...waiting v1.0.2.?

3. Leo

Leo New Member

When/can,and will the x6 support HDR (10bit)/4K in the future?
    Because now it can't,i have tested it...,can this done with a software update,or is the hardware (HDMI 2.0a) in the this box not suiteble for 4K/HDR (10bit)?
    There are also a lot of 4K codecs who does'nt work,the x6 refuse to playback some 4K files...
    Can someone tell me if the x6 support 18Gbps data transfer?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  4. cobra78

cobra78 Member

The hardware doesn't support 10-bit 4K.
    RK3288 tv boxes and the new S905 support 10-bit 4K.
    I haven't heard of an Android tv box supporting more than 1 Gbps data transfer or video playback.

5. Leo

Leo New Member

Not 10bit...?
    it seems that te x6 can do 12bit colorspace!

And this is what i found/read in the specs;

"ZIDOO X6 supports hdmi output with the resolution 4K*2K@60fps
    ZIDOO choose the high-end HDMI cable as standard accessories to match X6
    You can enjoy large-scale games which require UHD frame rate@60fps
    can enjoy 18Gbps data transfer and 12-Bit real-color without any data losing on ZIDOO X6"

6. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Please read here
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...mas-1984-2160p-4k-x265-hevc-web-dl-dtshd.683/
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...-bit-zidoo-x6-pro-misleading-advertising.673/

7. Leo

Leo New Member

Thx for this info,bro

But Wtf....I have purchased this x6 specially for HEVC 4K/60p content,and i hoped that in the future HDR can be playback...,but non of these can be playback with this...

"this is misleading advertising...!!!"

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  8. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

Calm down and let Zidoo solve the case in way or in the other. If this is true, maybe they were mislead too by chip manufacture?

Keep up a good work! Can't hardly wait to get new version which should fix the Airplay issue with latest iOS 9.1.

9. bovirus

bovirus Member Beta test group

I have a X6 pro with firmware 1.0.19.
    To update it to the latest version can I update directly with latest version (1.0.24) or I need to install step by step the versions (1.0.22/1.0.23)?

10. jvanhambelgium

jvanhambelgium Member Beta test group

Nope, just download the latest ZIP, put on stick without unpacking it and select "local update" and navigate to the USB-device.
    These ZIP-files are very big and contain the whole Android OS + apps etc.

11. Leo

Leo New Member

No i don't calm down, I'm getting a little bit tired of those firms who promise you cows with the Golden horns in the ad
    They are all the same, beautiful advertising about what their product can do.......bla,bla,bla
    Pointing the finger at someone else, yes that's easy!
    I know there is no product that's perfect,but in the ad are options that they never can make realize,that is what's making me mad/disappointed..
    I should certainly hope that there come solutions.

12. bovirus

bovirus Member Beta test group

@jvanhambelgium
    Thanks for quick reply.
    I see that you are a mebre of beta test group.
    Could you tell me where can I download latest version of Android RC app for Zidoo?

13. Leo

Leo New Member

Ok,i'm now calm down...:D

14. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

:)

If there are misleading advertisement or promises done, it's Zidoo's responsibility to fix and compensate these issues way or in other, but let's give them some time to analyze what can be done.

Nobody is happy if the product does not meet what is promised, including me. I agree that you are not the only one who thought that there are some issues which should have been found out & fixed already in the pre-production phase.

Some items to be fixed:
    - Airplay support to iOS 9.1 and Mac OS X El Capitan
    - Device seems to be rooted - is it possible to get unrooted version so that official media-apps will work
    - Same audio pass through AUDIO/VIDEO Sync issue (lipsync)
    - Verify that 4K*2K@60fps works fine with 10-bit (some doubts has been seen on the forum)

Let's hope that Zidoo's dev-team will now heavily focus to publish patches and bugfixes in upcoming days and weeks - don't let us wait too long time.

Ps. I hope also that dev-team would actively participate and answers to questions in the forum.

15. Michael M

Michael M New Member Beta test group

Well said, especially the P.S. I just want acknowledgement and some kind of progress. Waiting in the dark is no fun.

16. Goujam

Goujam Member

Whilst I agree with your to do list I still think most of the items you list are advanced items and way more needs to be done on the basics of this player. The top of any list should be the sync issues (as you stated) and 23.976 playback. These two items are basic things that any media player should be able to do.

Once this is done I agree zidoo should work on the advanced features they advertised

Also the quietness of zidoo is a bit worrying especially as I've seen announcement's of a amlogic s905 zidoo project. I'm wondering if they are readying for another new release

17. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

Ability to install official apps without getting "rooted status" and use AirPlay to get devices connected are not even nearly so called advanced features --- these are default features which should be working on the fly. Now the X6 is quite useless because I cannot use official Android media-apps or connect my iOS-devices with it. However, what comes to AirPlay, as Zidoo has stated - this should be corrected in the next update.

Yes, I'm wondering the same - why to jepardize Zidoo brand name and user friendliness by ignoring customer's and user's messages on the forum?

18. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Our engineers have made a lot of work of comparison, tested hundreds of video, completely solved the issue that KODI enable passthrough audio out of sync.
    And sloved black screen problem when playback the streaming of KODI ADDON.

19. gridlock

gridlock Member

using mxplayer with spdif passthrough , when it comes to video play quality; i have to admit , it's truly breath taking and actually beats those of rk3288 boxes (even when custom roms are used on them).... i did a video testing and i can tell the difference so thank you for that... But on the other hand , there's a clear audio sync issue (add to it yet another issue of paused-video-every-15secs-or-so on version 1.0.24)
    i really hope that you can fix such an audio issue asap coz i really do love the video play quality on this box..... cheers

20. Rew452

Rew452 Member Beta test group

Mirror, Sure hope you folks have also incorporated Color Space Selection in the Settings Menu!

If you have and you really have solved audio sync issues, you may have made the best box.

nice159 likes this.