My Zidoo Z1000 PRO.... on Long Term

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Do you mean "D
    I've never seen that on a Z9S.

2. Markswift2003

Doesn't seem to be...

3. soongsl

soongsl New Member

The option beside the factory is to cleat all poster wall in video & audio.
    The "Clear All" will only available when you link with any universal remote.
    This Clear All function can also call out by USB / BT mouse in Z9s by click the lower center arrow, then click on the square icon.

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Good afternoon,

For the french speaking members and if you are interested

I would like to inform you that I have created a thread about my Z1000PRO, I will also add the tutorials that I have created and that are available on my blog dedicated to the zidoo in English, I will translate them into French

Here is the link
    https://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum...eurs-et-box/mon-zidoo-z1000pro-t30116903.html

With the new competing multimedia boxes with the same chipset, it's time for me to talk about Zidoo on the French forum, considering their price, I think that what happened 3 or 4 years ago with the RTD1295 generation will happen again with the RTD1619DR and Zidoo will once again show that it is capable of making cheaper devices with the same performance

See you soon

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  5. OlivierQC

Hello all,

Here is the update of my settings that I use with my Zidoo Z1000PRO

See you soon​

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    rozel likes this.
  6. OlivierQC

Hello,

I just posted a GIF on youtube that will summarize my review of the Z1000PRO.

The first part is about the device itself, the other parts will talk about Posterwall...its qualities and its shortcomings...

See you soon

7. OlivierQC

Hello,

For new Z1000PRO users, here is a guide that Zidoo offers to help you get started

Here is the link : bit.ly/Zidootutorials

Thanks to Zidoo :)

[​IMG]

See you soon​

8. OlivierQC

Okay, but it's better than nothing

Inikad will certainly make a translation for the French, he likes that

Mabon likes this.
  9. OlivierQC

Good morning,

A few days ago I told you about a manual/tutorial created by Zidoo, unfortunately it is not available for some time because it seems to violate the conditions of use...

It would be nice if Zidoo would do its job properly to avoid this kind of message.

[​IMG]

Mabon likes this.
  10. manmar

manmar New Member

Hello,

i recently bought the zidoo z1000 pro.
    I am using it with the jvc dla x7900 projector and the marantz av8805 processor.

The projector is capable of 4k hdr 60hz, but not dolby vision(displays it as hdr). all my hdmi cables are also capable of 4k hdr 60hz

My content is 50% 4k hdr 24hz and 50% 1080p 24hz.

What settings do you recommend regarding frame rate switch, hdmi mode, hdr, hdr to sdr, dolby vision, max cll max fall, and all options under colour settings?

Generally i want the player to output the signal 'as is' with minimum processing, and to minimize resync time.

Should i use olivier's settings or it would be best to change some of them?

thanks

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  11. OlivierQC

Mark will probably answer you

Markswift2003 and manmar like this.
  12. Markswift2003

To output natively, I'd set like this:

Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Switch frame rate and resolution

Display/HDR: Auto
    Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
    Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT
    Display/Color Settings/HDMI Range: 16-235
    Display/HDMI Mode: 3840x2160p 23Hz

There's no need to worry about HDR to SDR, Dolby Vision, MaxCLL MaxFALL - your projector won't care.

If you want the Zidoo to upscale (which is what I do) you can set Frame Rate Mode to Frame Rate Only which will remove resolution resyncs.

I would also try setting HDR to VS10 (for all content) which means SDR, HDR and DV all output in HDR via the VS10 engine, and in this case virtually eliminating resyncs - you should then only get a resync for frame rates other than 23.976fps.

I have an X7000 and the way I do it is to use a 1000nit BT.2020 LLDV EDID and output everything in Low Latency Dolby Vision. This is then decoded correctly by the projector by setting it manually to its BT.2020 HDR mode. In my case this involves loading a custom gamma curve but I don't think you need to do that on an X7900.

If you want to try that, set the custom EDID to BT2020 LLDV, set HDR to Dolby Vision Low Latency and set the projector manually into BT.2020 HDR. This converts all content to Dolby Vision, outputs as Player Led Dolby Vision in BT.2020 which is exactly the same as PQ HDR10.

13. manmar

manmar New Member

thanks mark.
    for the last part, I am bit reluctant to change the settings in the projector since it was professionally calibrated...
    but i will try everything else.:)

14. Markswift2003

It wouldn't affect calibration - you just create a custom picture mode with colour set to BT.2020 and gamma to HDR (ST.2084) - this would use the calibrated settings.

Using BT.2020 LLDV has given me the best performance I've ever seen from my projector.

manmar likes this.
  15. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

Definitely didn't waste my time reading that.

You're a legend!

Thankyou for everything you've contributed to this forum, it has helped immensely.

I'm still trying to work out exactly how I'm going to set my media system up. Z9X, Z10 Pro or Z1000 Pro, Synology or just couple of external HDD to start with and then maybe setup a synology as my media collection grows.

I have all the information to make the right decision, think it will come down to price in the end and what ever I choose I will happy with the outcome, just stoked I've found an option to be able to play my ripped files with Dolby Vision profile 7.

16. OlivierQC

Hello HiSalt,

Thank you for your kind words,

If like me you have a standard audio/video equipment and you are not an audiophile, choosing a Z9X and investing in a NAS would be a very good choice

See you soon

17. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

I have a Sony A90J 83 inch tv and a $7k klipsch home theatre system so want best possible audio/video, does Z9X not provide that or is it equal with Z10 and Z1000 Pro?

18. OlivierQC

I have a 77A9G and according to tests on the net the difference in PQ between the two models is not huge so I would say go with the Z9X.

The Zidoo devices have the same PQ whether it's the Z9X, the Z10PRO or the Z1000 PRO.

In theory the uhd3000 with its dual HDMI should have a better picture but it's not sure you will see a difference.

19. Markswift2003

The video quality on all devices is absolutely exactly the same - there is categorically no difference whatsoever.

As far as bitstream audio goes (Dolby Digital(+), TrueHD, Atmos, DTS, DTS-HD, DTS-X and derivatives), again, the audio quality is exactly the same across all devices.

This goes from the Z9X right up to the Neo X.

20. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

Thanks guys, that's all I needed to hear