Media Labels for HT4

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Feb 3, 2021.

1. blenky

blenky Active Member

If not too complicated maybe a toggle choice to scrape with or without mediainfo scanning?

2. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

How can I display 2 audio tracks (or more) in the Home Theatre? Is that possible?
    I have tested, with standard procedure, for example: Title.2020.DTSHD.7.1.Dolby.5.1.HDR.mkv
    Only the first audio track is displayed.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Only one audio badge is supported.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  4. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Couldn't he save the movie twice?

● Either in two separate folders, firstly as Title.2020.DTSHD.7.1.HDR.mkv and secondly as Title.2020.Dolby.5.1.HDR.mkv

● Or in the same folder as, firstly as Title.2020.DTSHD.7.1.HDR (1#DTSHD 7.1 version).mkv and secondly as Title.2020.Dolby.5.1.HDR (2#Dolby 5.1 version).mkv

Both ways would give two separate Posters on the Poster Wall? Then he could just choose the version he wants???

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  5. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Mediainfo for HT4 coming soon.
    We will abandon the file name based labeling mechanism

muha, DennisTheMenace, dr4go and 8 others like this.
  6. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Active Member

Great news! :)

7. Visconti12

Visconti12 Member

It's great to hear that since we've got many issues when labled in other languages than English.

Mabon likes this.
  8. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Great news, but....how much will the hit in scraping speed be ?

9. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

How will it be then? What mechanism is used?

10. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Hallelujah :D!!!

11. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Should only be a problem during the first run on the whole Library. Let it run overnight?After that it should be minor when adding individual new videos?

12. Markswift2003

Just had it confirmed that it has little effect on speed :)

dr4go, Mabon and TifKag like this.
  13. blenky

blenky Active Member

Great stuff! TBH it's high time this was implemented. Every media scraper worth it's salt has had this for a long time. It will be great to stop having to add prefixes

Some questions.

HT4 has a limit to the number of info icons it can show. Will there be a precedence for the items the auto mediainfo will display?

Will the scraper be able to recognise Atmos and DV?

If the media info scraper gets it wrong will there be a manual edit available?

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  14. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

That would be great :)

15. Markswift2003

I haven't seen the firmware yet, so I don't know how it all hangs together...

I'd expect it to be exactly the same as it is currently once you start watching a movie (since that uses MediaInfo) with the addition of the audio codec.

DennisTheMenace, Bill-Z9X and blenky like this.
  16. blenky

blenky Active Member

If you need any beta testers;)

17. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

We are all ‘beta testers’ …:rolleyes:

I don’t expect the effect of speed to be something noticeable, and you are not do it everyday,so ..

Tnx team for the great news. :)

blenky and Bill-Z9X like this.
  18. vddan

vddan Active Member

To be continued ...............! We'll see if it's better!

19. rtos

rtos Member

I've looked thru the various post and haven't found an answer for adding Extra/Specials to TV show folder. Example I have a series of I Love Lucy episodes and with the disk are Extras i.e. color version of episodes, home movies behind the scenes etc. When using Plex I would put these items into a folder named Extra or Specials and Label them I Love Lucy - S00Exx - name. HT4 does not recognize this Extra/Special folder.
    I've tried rematching the episodes but this does not work.
    I've also run into same problem with Game of Thrones and Big Bang Theory Basically any TV show where I have Extras or Specials for the show. IS HT looking for a specific labeling sequence or Folder Name?

20. zxs

zxs New Member

TMDB?TVDB?