JellyfinTv Zidoo-Edition support post

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

Super.... Just great your Angerment... :)

2. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Purple likes this.
  3. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

What is smart logic audio selection? have gotten some that have chosen dialog tracks , and others the main atmos / dts-x track.

I realize the code is smaller but i did not do incremental updates from 13.9 i think it was. Now on 13.11

Define Zidoo branding and where should that appear. Are these the same icons in posterwall or different?

Also there is a direct play mesage now when starting the file. I am assuming that could be toggled at some point?

Since the logo art is already in jellyfin, can you tap the api to show the logo like zidoo does from posterwall instead of the loading video screen ? Understand , this is able to be toggled in the zidoo video player options. so if its there perhaps we can keep that on the handoff to the zidoo player.

Thank you

4. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Ah thats a woopsy, copy&paste error from the subtitle logic.
    The "smart" logic is to rate each track by language, codec, profile, bitdepth, channels, flags ... and than pick the best based on the other user settings.
    The subtitle logic has some extra word filters, for bad tagged stuff, that's where the "dialog" preference comes from. Was copy pasting the subtitle word filter instead of the audio one.

Will upload a hotfix, thanks for the bug report, its getting harder to test all settings/logic combinations.

Thats just a fix, the old versions had unnecessary arm64 and x86 code, the new only ships arm7 code.

I just quickly added a zidoo logo to the install icons, so users get feedback that they have the "Zidoo edition" installed and not the original app.

Its a workaround, so the user gets some information on whats going to play, otherwise via http you only see the "stream" title.
    This should be better, once the new Android API is ready and i can set the title directly to the player.
    I added the playtype info to help users seeing whats going on, since there will be more transcode related options in the next betas.
    So you don't have to check the server dashboard just to confirm that a transcode or fallback is happening or not.

Need to ask the zidoo dev if that can be added, but atm we concentrate on getting all the main features working first.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  5. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Fix 0.13.12 is up, so the best quality main audio track should be picked now, instead of the dialog.

6. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Beta6 is up: https://github.com/Andy2244/jellyfin-androidtv-zidoo/releases
    • add ability to play directly from grid/poster wall, via play-button on remote
    • add per library-view audio settings (override global settings)
    • improve "ORIGINAL" audio selection smart-logic by utilizing Tmdb metadata
    • fix "Play Next Up" issue, resulting in "nothing to play" messages
    PS: If no major issues arise, can start implementing/testing the new Android API assuming i get the FW update from Zidoo Devs.
    I will also start working on the transcode stuff, so Av1/Hi10 and audio preferences can trigger fallback transcode logic.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  7. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

Thanks, Andy.
    This only seems to be working from the homescreen & vertical grid layouts.
    From the homescreen, it only takes one press of the Play button, but from the vertical grid layout, I have to press Play twice. The first press triggers in the 'Direct Play' pop-up only & then I have to press Play a second time to get the file to actually load.
    Playing from the poster view does not seem to work in horizontal layouts, such as GENRE & SEARCH BY LETTER (when the smart screen library display option is selected).
    Are you able to include the option to display the categories mentioned above in a vertical grid? Scrolling through a horizontal display containing hundreds of posters is tedious when I'm just browsing genres.

8. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Confirmed, but only seem's to happen after a layout settings change, so if you go back and load the grid fresh it should work.

Can't confirm, this one. Is this with a BT or IR remote and in http or DirectPath mode?

Need to check this.

9. Hippoponderous

So it does! Fixed.
    IR & direct mode.
    You're a legend.

10. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  11. Hippoponderous

Fixed. I no longer need to press Play twice.

12. andy22

andy22 Active Member

13. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Beta 8 is out:
    • add default play/menu-hotkey actions to grid-views and collection types (Series, Season, Album, Playlist)
    • fix music-grid views
    • fix audio-only transcoding cases (video stream should now only transcode if codec is not supported)
    • rework/add new audio transcode options
    • general stability/bug fixes
    https://github.com/Andy2244/jellyfin-androidtv-zidoo/releases

Hippoponderous and Markswift2003 like this.
  14. Hippoponderous

Thanks, Andy :)

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Got to say Andy, this is fast becoming a very stable, very desirable ecosystem for Zidoo.

16. Hippoponderous

Hi, Andy.
    Using the server theme customisation plugin, I've modified the server interface to something that I'm really happy with.
    My Windows desktop client & Android phone client mirror this theme, but the Android TV & Zidoo clients don't.
    Is this something that can be looked at in future builds?

17. andy22

andy22 Active Member

I must admit i noticed the "theme" settings, but never checked what they actually do.

You have to ask over at the main project, since i only have minor usability Ui related features planed for now.
    My main focus are features, bug-fixes and improving general annoyances atm.

18. Hippoponderous

OK, no worries. Thanks.

19. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Would it be possible to be able enable or disable the popup that says that its direct playing and also the option to use default Zidoo audio/subtitle settings rather than the Jellyfin settings?

20. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Its there for the betas to easy report failing cases. Will be removed if the new Api is enabled and i can set the title properly.

You can already do this, the "Device" option in the audio language setting, if selected all other options will grey-out and settings are left to the zidoo player.
    Out of curiosity why would you want the device audio/sub settings?