JellyfinTv Zidoo-Edition support post

Discussion in 'Jellyfin for Zidoo' started by andy22, Jun 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Perfect - "Tiny" is spot on for a big screen...

2. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Not specifically related to this build but maybe someone could help - the release notes for the 10.8 server say it should be able to pick out dolby vision metadata but none of my DV mkvs have been detected as such. PLEX does detect them as DV however.

3. andy22

andy22 Active Member

hehe seems you got my joke :p
    Size names will be shifted to "smallest" and "Extra Large" :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  4. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

I'm loving Beta 4 at the moment. All my other devices have now been switched from Kodi to Jellyfin now, & everything just works. The app/GUI is so much faster to load & responsive than HT4.
    I understand that this is a Beta with additional changes to come, & I also understand that you are 1 person working on a pet project, but I'm wondering if:
    • Is it possible to stop music playback, rather than just pause it? Video files respond to the stop command, but music doesn't. When I return to the home screen, any paused track (queue) is sitting above the 'My Media' items, where they remain until Jellyfin is shut down (which leads to my next question).
    • Is it possible to actually shut down the Jellyfin app? Exiting back to the Zidoo home screen only leaves Jellyfin running in the background.
    • Lastly, will it eventually be possible for HDR info & Atmos/DTX flags to be displayed?
    Once again, I appreciate your efforts.

5. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Tobe honest i don't manage my music collection via Jellyfin, did not even test if this works correctly. So will put this on my todo, but at low priority, since i suspect most buy a Zidoo for video not audio.
    Btw are there not better music centric apps out there for AndroidTv?

Yes, but its not technically "running" the last state of the app is saved and restored.
    Can you explain more, why you don't want the last state restored?

"Possible" is everything, since its open-source and i can do whatever i want.
    I also don't understand what exactly you mean, what info/logos do you want to see in which screen/location?

PS: For the next betas i will concentrate to get the audio/subtitle logic to work and f

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  6. Hippoponderous

Understandable, & yes, there are. Zidoo's music player is a good example. I don't need a music player to do any more than the basics. I just like the idea of all my media being available under one interface.
    Oh, OK, that makes sense. It just goes back to my minor gripe re: the paused music track waiting to be resumed from the home screen. The only way to get rid of this from the home screen is to allow the track or playlist to run to completion or reboot the Zidoo. It's really not that big of a deal, just a curious quirk.
    LOL, I believe you could :D
    When opening a file to view the details, only basic media info is shown, e.g.: 4K, Dolby TrueHD 7.1. It would be nice if it displayed as 4K HDR10/Dolby Vision, Dolby TrueHD Atmos 7.1
    Interestingly (well, maybe not), my windows client displays the Atmos flags, as well as a generic HDR flag, except for where the file only contains DV metadata, in which case it's flagged as SDR.

7. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Ah ok than the information is there, its just presented in a different way or omitted, so should be easy to add.
    The missing DV stuff is weird, since 10.8 should have support for DV now. Yet the different clients need to use this new information and add logos for it. Yet even the webclient displays P5 DV as SDR, so i have no clue how they tested this new DV stuff. I bet there are already open issues on this for the server, since something is clearly amiss.

8. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Ok i checked the code on server and client regarding DV, so for P7/8 DV we get the correct "dvhe" codec data from the server. So we just need to add the DV logos to the related info fields.
    Seems P5 was "forgotten" and all i get on the client is 10bit/hevc, but a pull request to fix this is already up, so if this gets merged the next server release will correctly send those DV P5 infos to the clients.

I also started on the audio/subtitle stuff and seems pretty easy, since i get all the stream and mkv flags infos from the server.
    So now i need to decide if i want to add extra settings for default/forced and audio/sub languages to the client or rely only on the somewhat hidden per user settings on the server, under "Playback" and "Subtitles".
    Need to check what the "Smart" mode does, but at least i can now try to fix my own issue regarding Anime with the original Japanese audio track, which i cant get working with existing Zidoo audio/sub settings.

Atm i'm unsure which route to go, since while using the existing user server settings seems easy enough. If i assume Zidoo + TV as combo, the user would need to access/setup those at least once via the webinterface, which is weird. So having similar setting in the client is more visible to the user and also faster to change stuff.

Any ideas/preferences on the last part?

9. Hippoponderous

This would be my preference:

10. chadamir

chadamir New Member

I'm using beta 4 and when I do playback, sometimes nothing happens and sometimes I get audio only. What did I screw up?

11. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Not sure need more infos, what are you trying to play?

12. chadamir

chadamir New Member

full length mkv. 4k uhd dolby vision. Z9x

13. andy22

andy22 Active Member

via http or directPath? Smb or nfs?

14. chadamir

chadamir New Member

Smb. I didn't setup direct path. Do I need to? It's a win 11 share. No issue playing things in the media player without jellyfin.

15. chadamir

chadamir New Member

DirectPath fixed it. Yay!

16. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Ah good to know!

Without DirectPaths i can only use the http stream from the server, which in some cases behaves buggy with the Zidoo internal player. I hope that if the Zidoo Plex client releases those problems get solved, since Plex only works via http.

17. andy22

andy22 Active Member

18. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Btw found the issue, thanks for the bug-report.

19. Awesome! Can wait to use the next version :)

20. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Quick update, still working on the audio/subtitle stuff, but nearly done. This will allow to set audio/sub options, including some special stuff like original audio, SDH, default ....

I also managed to get HLS http streaming to work, which can be used if transcoding is needed. This would allow us to support transcoding for unsupported codec's like AV1, Hi10 or fine-tune audio support.
    So i could add a "DD only" option and also handle cases where DTS is not wanted.

So still lots of work ahead.

Purple, Sledgehamma and nc88keyz like this.