Improvements/Wishlist for Posterwall (HT 4.0)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Sledgehamma, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

@mirror thanks again for the improvements you made the last FW! To further improve on the experience of the Posterwall, especially for TV series, I have some suggestions and hope that you consider implementing them.

1. In the watching part it always shows the picture of the first episode of the season you are watching. See my example Scandal Season 1
    2. The progress bar (again look at Scandal Season 1) should indicate the progress of the season and not the current episode
    3. There should be an indicator so that you can see what episodes you have already watched. Episode 1 is watched but its not visible.
    4. When pressing play on a poster it should start playback of the movie or the first unwatched episode of that specific season. Pressing enter should get you into the details (like the current behavior)
    5. Using Emby/Jellyfin as the server for Posterwall. Emby/Jellyfin always runs in the background on my NAS for example and scans for new TV shows/movies and automatically downloads all the infos like poster, background, logo etc. This way you will have the same matching information, poster, and watched status for you whole library on all your playback devices. Jellyfin is completely open source (https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin) so you can even fork it for yourself. Infuse did exactly this in the past and acts as a Emby/Jellyfin client.
    6. As it as already discussed in the FW thread it would be great to have an option to hide the path of the video file in the detail page
    7. support for multi episode files, such as TV Show Name S01E01E02. Currently only the first episode is registered as can be seen here: [​IMG]
    8. support for watched status from NFO (both reading and writing). -> The same can be acco
    9. Improvements/consistencies for info screen while playback. Details see post #46
    10. Local clearlogo support for TV shows. Locally only works for movies. --> clearlogo.png needs to sit where the Episodes are and not the Season Poster. So you need a clearlogo for every season.
    11. Bug: wrong categories for TV shows when using TheTVDB as scraper. See here for more details> #50
    12. manually mark single episodes as watched.
    13. Keep HDMI sync for HDR10 & Dolby Vision when playing next episode. Currently only works with SDR.
    14. Trakt.tv Integration to sync watched status/progress
    15. categories section on main page should only include movies. [​IMG]See Infuse implementation as example: [​IMG]
    16. Bug: Pressing "play" button on collections or TV show overview doesn't work (doesn't do anything).
    17. When I start HT it always spins up all my disks on my unRaid share. Would it be possible to only scan the changed directories? Plex has such options, see: [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    vddan, OlivierQC and Markswift2003 like this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The handling of "watching" content is rather random and always has been - this was on my buglist from this time last year and I kind of gave up chasing it.

Completely agree with number 4 - that just makes perfect sense and doesn't require a switch as we have at present which doesn't give you the opportunity to chose between starting straight away or viewing the details page at runtime.

I'd love for a third party scraper/server like Jellyfin or Elby to integrate with HT - I've always been a big fan of centralised and controlled databases which becomes incredibly important when you start running several boxes as I do.

Enet and Sledgehamma like this.
  3. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Add the option to navigate by files. Folder>sub-folders like in ZDMC and I will start to use HT4. Right now it is too complicated to find a movie when you have a huge collection of movies, series, it is all over the place in HT4, and I'm not going to spend days and days trying to reorganize my collections just because of HT4 lacks of classify the movies the way the users want it. With ZDMC my movies are well organized but HT4, what a freaking mess. Implement this function in HT4 please.

4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

It maybe right for those with a large numbers of folders and files on them but not for those handling mostly the latest release. Personally I prefer a poster graphic organigrama rather than folder tree.

5. Markswift2003

If I understand you correctly this is already available and always has been.

6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

E6BD6F14-423C-4A9D-9E2A-36D3E4914BA2.png And ive just noticed this ……
    Maybe i need to watch more tv series
    Take it it avoids the intros & end credits etc when you binge watch .

7. Markswift2003

Yes - just starts x minutes in and stops y minutes before the end.

DELUCAS likes this.
  8. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

A nice feature but you would have to preview each ep to find the start point and worst it would be a spoilers heaven at the end looking for when to select the time to turn the credits off ;)

9. Sledgehamma

Yes, right now it’s only useful for TV shows that have the intro right at the beginning. The ending/cast should always be the same, though (at least per season).

10. Netmask

I can think of one series where cutting off the closing credits falls flat - Lovecraft Country had a preview of the next episode after all the credits had rolled and indeed the screen faded to black. There are a number of movies that do this with a encore of a scene with a couple of added features. AI assisted editing?

11. DELUCAS

This maybe of use to series that you have pre watched ages back and you know end credits dont add anything to the end of.
    eg some star trek old episodes ?

12. vddan

vddan Active Member

Yes in the end hardly useful! :oops:

13. DELUCAS

Well at least an option
    Or just hit the fast forward button ;)

14. Netmask

Stop button is your friend!

15. Sledgehamma

@mirror any plans on improving the mentioned aspects?

16. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Some are under evaluation, some are under development, and some have been completed.such as hide the path

pcristi and Sledgehamma like this.
  17. Sledgehamma

Thanks! I’ll update the thread to reflect that hiding the path is already implemented.

//edit:
    Updated.

18. Sledgehamma

@mirror:

thank you for adding 3) on my list. However, it would be better if you already select the next unwatched episode:
    [​IMG]
    In this case episode 3 is already watched and episode 4 should be automatically selected.

And in accordance to the above, the background of episode 4 should be shown on the front page, currently it’s episode 3.
    [​IMG]

Netmask likes this.
  19. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

yes, I agree with this being the more logical setup.

Sledgehamma likes this.
  20. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I also agree about the next episode selected automatically. Much more convenient imho.

I would add to this the season number in parentheses on the main page of HT.