Home Theatre Update

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Markswift2003, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Schumy

Schumy Member

U can display and sort the whole movie collection by time of adding.

2. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I don't understand what you mean ....... I have a fairly large library and every day I add something, how do I find the new files that I added immediately?
    Thanks

3. akan7

akan7 Member

Think he means this.
    Select half arrows up/down Top right corner.
    Sort by Added Date.

Attached Files:

4. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Ah thanks, I'll try to do it right away

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's how I always have the main screen set, so all new content is at the top.

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I use "Modified Time". It works even better if you move files around between network drives.

7. Markswift2003

Good point.

8. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

Yes, I think it's cool for some people but I like to maintain a clean look so they should add an option to disable it.

9. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

That's the thing; I appreciate their effort in adding these features, but they should add it as an option which you could always disable. It's important that users have control over the media center in this regard. It's not a one size fits all...

10. Markswift2003

To a certain extent it kind of has to be.

It's a really tricky thing to design an interface that everyone likes. Some may find features cool, while others detest them and I have to say that on the whole, so far, in my opinion, the Zidoo devs have struck a pretty good balance.

I guess the ultimate would be to incorporate a comprehensive skinning schema in the way that Dune have, but that would require a completely fundamental rewrite of the shell and I very much doubt that would ever happen - it's not the direction Zidoo have chosen.

So you pays your money and you takes your choice, and for my money, stable, accurate and reliable 4K playback is going to win every time.

But we can all provide input and suggestions, and as I well know, some of it can stick.

If enough people don't like it then I'm sure adding a switch for the ClearLOGO would be an easy enough ask.

Юрий Гандев likes this.
  11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Dunes media wall effort is frankly awful. It was introduced on the Dune HD Solo 4K back in September 2016. They rushed a beta (no alpha) product to market because I guess they thought they needed something,

It was rubbish when it launched three and a half years ago and has not really improved in all that time.

On the other hand HT2 has always been very good and we have seen real improvements. I wouldn't want an attempt to emulate the complexity and variety of Kodi - I think its just about right,

I do wish they would do some work on collections though as they are a bit of a mess!

12. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

The Zidoo HT 2.0 is way better than the dune's... Not even a competition at this point; it seems like Zidoo is upping their game to pass the Zapitti media center in the next year or so. I applaud them for their effort because it's paying off big time. What I am suggesting to Zidoo is to keep adding features, but should add it with the option to disable. In this case, a button that would "disable/clear logo" would be perfect like suggested.

Just like the ratings they had on the posters, I made it a point to let them know that it makes the poster wall look too crowded and they fixed it. I love their product 100% and the fact that they listen to our suggestions is the main reason I am adding my input here.

I think these kinds of suggestions is what would eventually make Zidoo media players the number one the market. I have never been so involved with a particular media brand like I am at this point... Ain't we all :p:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  13. maratusss

maratusss New Member

Please do. When watching TV shows, the squares of the series you are watching have gone out or changed color. If you watch series in a row without stopping, it is not clear where you stopped

14. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I would like to ask some things ..... because if in the left column if I select 4k does it show me only the films that I have already seen and not all those that I have in the library? Another thing, if I put movie view it shows me all the films that are many, for example I mix films with concerts, from what I understand the only way to group a genre is to create a personal collection, for example I create a collection called "1080p film" since I have many, the problem is that then I can only see the collections with the covers that scroll horizontally and it is very uncomfortable if you have to look for a film, is it not possible to view the collections even in grid mode? Thanks

15. Markswift2003

The addition of content in the 4K section relies on either MediaInfo having scrutinised the file which only happens once content is played, or the addition of 4K, UHD, ULTRA-HD, or 2160p as a file suffix - as an example, renaming concert.mkv to concert.2160p.mkv.

If you have separate sources for movies, concerts, documentaries etc even if they are on the same drive but just defined as different sopurces in separate folders, you can then use the filters view to separate by "SOURCE".

Another option would be to define the genre of "Concerts" (using the web interface) which again can be separated in filters.

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

If Zidoo listens to all requests and keeps adding features to HT at the end we end up with Kodi ;)

I use both all the time HT and ZDMC. HT has selected movies best of the crop UHD's, 3D's most full ISO's with working BD Menu. ZDMC has all of that plus everything else. It's a bit easier or organize, arrange and find things using ZDMC. It will also keep database of all movies if the source is active or not - I like that.

HT on the other hand has some other features that are beneficial in my opinion. The collections have better appearance in HT and different versions of the same movie as "A" and "B" (4K, 3D) are together rather than separate entries with repeated poster, graphics etc in ZDMC.

There is one thing that I found really cool in my Black Glass Nova skin working well on ZDMC. Using right arrow key I can slide out most of movie info and other overlay screens exposing full unobstructed artwork. If ZDMC could add this to HT it would solve a lot of those issues having special functions to turn stuff on and off.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  17. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Can I install ZDMC and use it as an alternative to HT2 or do they conflict? Where can I find the ZDMC apk?
    Thanks

18. Markswift2003

19. Markswift2003

God, I hope not!!

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@Markswift2003
    I am missing the daily updates. Something wrong? ;)

I agree please don't make it look like KODI. Stop adding features just make it work better/stabile.