Home Theater 2.0 - Tips/Questions/Tricks

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by manifesto1969, Jan 26, 2018.

1. gollygosh

gollygosh Member

Also I have noticed some 1080p x265 10bit encoded videos will not play properly without showing smearing or unwanted artifacts on playback, some files encoded this way playback just fine, but others will not. The exact same files will playback just fine on other devices BUT this dedicated MEDIA CENTER android box and software will not. Makes me a little mad that other hardware / software combinations can get this right, but this piece of kit can't, especially when it is sold and hyped as THE MEDIA BOX to have. Also some older AVI (div3 standard files) also will not play. How hard can it be to get this to work, especially from a company that puts out this many firmware and software fixes.

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith New Member

After scrapping external USB drive for MKV movies, the Home Theater 2.0 groups some movies like Godfather 1, Godfather 2 and Godfather 3 as an "A" "B" "C" selection under one poster instead of 3 individual movies or as a Collection of those 3 movies. How do you correct that or keep it from happening?

3. starboard

starboard New Member

Your answer is on page 20, post #394 by JohnS

4. Steve Smith

Steve Smith New Member

Thanks so much for guiding me to the correct page and post.

5. Blade1001

Blade1001 New Member

I’ve just downloaded the latest X9S update which presumably included an update for Home Theatre 2.0. At long last Zidoo have answered my prayers and have now included media symbols on the movie wall covers in ‘small’ view. So now I can see straight away whether a cover is for a 4K movie, or a BD etc etc.

It’s a brilliant step forward and I’m very pleased . . . with one notable issue.

With the media tag has come also a rating score?Every cover now has an ugly one decimal point score on every single cover with absolutely no way to turn it off without losing the media type symbol at the same time.

Seriously, who’s idea was this?

Who in their right mind wants to see the rating other people have given to a movie in their own collection? It’s in my collection because I like it and I wanted to keep a copy of it - I couldn’t give a rats ass what anyone else thinks about it, so why on earth would I want to see their ratings all over my screen?!

Similarly, but to a lesser extent the padlock symbol to indicate it’s locked the children. Whilst it’s great to be able to prevent children accessing adult titles, I don’t want to see it plastered over the cover art on the movie wall.

Zidoo guys, if you’re watching this thread - please for the love of god, give us the ability to toggle the score and paddling off whilst keeping the media type symbols in place!!

6. videobruce

videobruce Member

How on earth can one remove incorrect 'posters??

I have probably 10% of the posters incorrect in one way or another. This doesn't count the ones that have none.
    This problem goes as far as using completely incorrect titles that aren't even close to the actual mover. One was for a foreign movie (Italian I believe). It seems to be more common with somewhat older movies (5, maybe 10 years and more).

Also, movies deleted from the HDD are still showing in this annoying poster wall. How does one get rid of those? Where are these images stored? Can I just delete the folder?

7. davidson

davidson New Member

I got a second X9S. Is it possible to copy my Home Theater 2.0 poster infos from the older box to the new one? Or do I have to repeat the scraping process all over again? Thanks.

8. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

backup first your old X9S in HT
    but if not choose custom directory for saving all your movie database then its gonna be pain in the ass to collect it one by one :(
    but if you already choose custom directory at first, so you only have to copy it from that directory to your thumbdrive or else then paste it to your new box
    and dont forget to paste the backup file too so you can trigger it to restore in the new box

davidson likes this.
  9. kam186

kam186 Member

Anyone know how to remove ~Marvel (manually added) and one of the 300 collection (has 2 of it) from the collection management ? Some of it also not my movies also inside like 9 1/2 weeks. See the photo shown. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  10. s4t4n

s4t4n New Member

can somehow create a Video playlist in HT2.0?
    I would like to play a random trailer from a trailer folder before a movie!

11. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

All kind of selections, like 4k, 3d, tv series ect.
    But not for all movies only!!
    Terrible and unuseble app.
    Not to mention the lack of a screensaver.
    Your oled or plasma can be permanenty
    damaged by this app.

12. gollygosh

gollygosh Member

Any chance anyone knows how to get the Babylon 5 TV series to scan properly in HT2 - no matter how I label it, it never scans properly - babylon 5 so1eo1 for example = Babylon 5 Thirdspace - I have tried many label combinations and it just won't get it right - yes I know I can do it manually... It's not the only series it has issues with of course, but I was really hoping maybe someone else here has an answer.

13. godalmighty

yeah, tv shows scrapper is the flaw from HT :(
    using imdb id may be help for your babylon 5

14. gollygosh

gollygosh Member

OK after much hair pulling and having had issues with the way HT2 scans I think I may have cracked it, first you will need to use:-
    rename-your-tv-series-files then once installed on a windows pc - open it - then click on File - then Preferences and make sure it is setup like this %N S%S1E%E1 - %T - this denotes the way TV episodes are seen at the file level eg - Babylon 5 S04E05 - name of episode. The rest is just GUI logic - simple once you figure it out. So once you have your episodes arranged just so, add the source with these rightly named files into HT2 and then use this neat trick, use Re match on the Others folder -
    then type the name of the series into Poster Search - then the name of the series should appear under the search bar - click OK on it and then find the series on the left hand list - click OK again on the series name then a list of all the episodes should appear under video match - then DON'T click OK again, find Match Rule and change it to Episodes then click on OK and it should sort it out the right way.

If you play around with this and remove some sources or your library is already clean with no others then it turns your Others into sort of a dedicated season or single show kind of folder that can then be scanned correctly using the above method - works for me. X9S V2.1.30 Firmware + HT2 2.51.

Hope this helps out some end users :) also switching to Title also worked most of the time - but Accurate in that menu list seems to give HT2 a headache on some shows. Also noticed that some shows will scan some episodes right and get the rest wrong etc, use the the batch edit tool to just clear match info for ALL then use the above method, just tried it with another series that was acting up, this method fixed it. I have been using my x9s for a long time, but this is the first time I really had the time to play around with it, now I know this, my life just got a lot easier :)

Oh and one last tip for movies that get mistaken usually for some strange foreign movie etc, try just using the name of the movie - then the year of the movie in brackets straight after it.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  15. godalmighty

i rarely have problem with tv show to scrap the right scan result
    but almost every my tv shows have incomplete scan result, for example, from 10episodes sometimes only few episodes got the complete result and others with no fanart or no cast or no plot or alls :(
    when i download that tv show in my PC, before i transfer it to my hdd in X9S, i always do manually renaming all that filename, tv show title SxxExx - episode title

16. s4t4n

s4t4n New Member

which playlist generator can you recommend?

17. Benton

Benton New Member

wow i never though that it can be work like that, thanks for sharing such amazing tips!

18. Al Perez

Al Perez Member

Does anyone know how to fix the Mandalorian description and background scrapes, mine seems to stop after the second episode.

19. remiart

remiart New Member

Hi,
    Anyone knows, whether it's possible to stream movies directly from Google Drive in Home Theater 2.0?

20. looun

looun Member

try install https://rclone.org/ into openwrt ,maybe you need external device like raspberry pi