Google Playstore ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by videonut99, Dec 18, 2021.

1. videonut99

videonut99 New Member

Hi: 1st thanks for the help with my other problems!!!I downloaded the new firmware seems google playstore is not working...using the "G" update.Wondering if there is a way to solve this did a search did not find it.Sorry for asking but couldn't find answer doing a search:(

2. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

3. videonut99

videonut99 New Member

Thanks for the link!!!:)

4. Tim Brown

Tim Brown New Member

The procedure in the link above does not work for me since I have no GSFID showing in the about section, nor do I have a Google Play Store icon under apps....

Any ides?

5. Saberus

Saberus New Member

This would only happen if you didn't install the correct firmware.. there should be two of the same release, one should have a "G" that means its the one with the google store.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Agreed - the very fact that you have no Google Play icon indicates that the non-Google firmware was installed.

7. Tim Brown

Tim Brown New Member

Okay. Thanks for the reply.
    Where do I find this firmware update with a "G" in it?

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Take a look here: -

https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo-model-overview/

scroll to the firmware for your Zidoo model and select the "G" version.

9. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Speaking of Google version... what are the pros and cons of the Google Play FW vs the non-Google version?

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

If you don't install Applications no Pro. The G version includes the Google Run-Time library which is amongst others used by the Google App's. Don't ask me which!

Disadvantages apart from some storage usage none found by me in practice. Don't know of a single bug only applying to using the G version.

Honestly I would only distribute the G version being Zidoo

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    Six66Mike and rozel like this.
  11. Tim Brown

Tim Brown New Member

12. muha

muha Active Member

Strangely G is somewhat lighter with background processes.

13. I have the non G version from factory on z10 pro. I plan on using the G version mainly for streaming services. But after reading different threads i am confused. Is netflix still working? Non G and G versions have different bugs and different upgrades or are they same considering the bugs fixes? If there is an app which i want to use on non G version i simply use the APK file. My main reason to go to G version would be streaming apps. Are the streaming apps bugs/errors fixed over time or they are not working altogether nowadays? Please guide. Thanks

14. muha

muha Active Member

New FW says optimized streaming.

15. Which firmware beta or non beta? Which are you using?

16. muha

muha Active Member

17. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Quite possibly because the Great Chinese Firewall precludes access to Google. Only available in Hong Kong? Macau and Taiwan. By distributing separate firmware this might be the only way?

18. skelton

skelton Member

I can’t speak for all streaming apps but the ones i’ve tried which are IPTV works flawlessly. I can even stream movies in 4K with perfect playback. I used to have an AppleTV 4K for streaming purposes but decided to sell it now that Zidoo does the job.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Netflix doesn't like media players and deliberately blocks their APP's for high definition Video and Audio playback on them.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021