Feature requests for HT4.0

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Temearoo, Oct 24, 2021.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Its in fact the other way around. Seems folks are shooting down the idea simply when its not in their own benefit. I did not ask for votes on my idea, nor did I request it to be taken off completely, simple asking for a toggle/option to turn it off so people have options. I thought that was very respectful but others are out on witch hunt when they hear change.

Comments like Its Fine the way it is and leave chapter indicator alone were thrown around while if what I asked would make zero change on those user's daily use; now I thought that was pretty disrespectful so I am simply returning the favor. Oh well, moving on... have better things to focus on than forum arguments.

Six66Mike likes this.
  2. iamlegend417

iamlegend417 New Member

And option I think is missing is the ability to search by actor or more importantly director.

Also the ability to build a watch list. I am collecting movies, a large amount (I buy whenever on sale) and I’d love to be able to make of list of movies that I plan on watching. It would also be good for building double and triple features.

vddan likes this.
  3. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

If I want to find other movies that an actor/director is in, I highlight and select their name on the movie synopsis page that I am watching and it shows the other movies in HT4 that they are in... does it not?

4. iamlegend417

iamlegend417 New Member

kind of… but the list sometimes organizes in a weird way… and if you have a big collection and you think of a movie made by such actor or director and you don’t have it, you have to play the guessing game.

if you can just hit search and put in the name and get result like any streaming service or search engine… that would kill a lot of wasted time.

I sometimes just want to watch something random made by a certain director or starring a certain actor. I have a collection of 3200 movies and growing… it would be significantly more convenient to be able to search someone.

vddan likes this.
  5. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

Yes I agree, searching people would be a good addition. Right now, I use Deano86's technique, it works, but it's not very refined.

6. Akhnaten

Akhnaten Member

Hello,

I recently discovered HT4 with the recent acquisition of my Neo Alpha, and I am pleasantly surprised, it is a very good software.

Here are, in my opinion, two important elements that it lacks and/or would benefit from being improved :

- The possibility to create easily a full backup of our database, so as to be able to restore it identically (with all the settings, and customizations of each movie) in case of corruption, or complete reset, or change of player.
    There are 60h of customization in my HT4.0 collection, I don't want to have to start all over again in case of crash...

- A much more ergonomic and intuitive Web interface for editing movie informations (poster/backdrop, categories, genre, details, etc.) :
    It's so much faster, more pleasant and efficient to manage the customization of the video library from the computer with keyboard/mouse, than in front of the player with remote control...
    This interface deserve really be more than a simple secondary tool developed in a hurry, and should benefit from careful implementation.
    Almost all the useful functions are currently present, but it is not ergonomic, with problems with display refresh/updating in real time of modified information, and various bugs.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    fsim2000 likes this.
  7. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

You mean something more advanced than the backup that you can make in the settings of HT4.0 (library)? This one will be able to restore your posterwall and the settings of the app after a full reset.

8. Akhnaten

Akhnaten Member

Hi Temearoo, I answer you in PM (and in french), it will be easier ;)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  9. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

10. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

HT4 Settings --> Library --> Backup

11. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

In the main screen of HT, go up to the funnel icon, and there you can pick "series" or "movies" and in another column "unseen".

This tool is quite powerful and I wish we could have more possibilities (like resolution, HDR, or even pick countries we want to see in the menu because the ones available remain a mystery to me and don't reflect the collection).

Also, and that might be just me, the "genre" column doesn't display any movie. Not a big deal as genres tend to be wrong anyway, but still, that's a bug.

12. 5levels

5levels New Member

is there a way to change the background image of each episode for the TV/Series category?

13. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Can we expect, one day or another, to see any change about the subtitles in SRT? Some tags are not supported yet (the one for text position for example) and the ability to select different colors depending if the Zidoo display a video in HDR or in SDR (+ a correct choice of color in HDR : yellow is missing and the color selected is not the one displayed on screen).

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    Menrad and vddan like this.
  14. Akhnaten

Akhnaten Member

Perhaps this has already been suggested, but the possibility from the menu key when we are in the Poster Wall,
    to delete a movie/saga/season/serie (delete the whole : the file + its entry in the database, or just the file, keeping its scrap),
    without having to go through your computer (if the files are on a NAS) or through the player's file explorer/manager.

15. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

You can delete in Media Center right now.
    You can even format your entire drive in Media Center lol

16. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Speaking of Media Center, Is it possible to set the HT4.0 to play Disc Menus by default like the Media Center allows? I only see the option to Play Movie or Open Poster.

17. Akhnaten

Akhnaten Member

[EDIT] I just figured out how to...
    Thanks to OlivierQC for his tutorial video.
    The function is accessible... but totally hidden !
    It is hidden behind the de-identification function, which then opens an unexpected menu, and which contains the erase function.
    Not ergonomic or intuitive, but the important thing is that the erase function is available in the Poster Wall.
    However, unless it is also hidden, the search function in the directories of the Media Center, seems to be missing...
    It would be very useful if at some point it could be made available.

Maybe you should read my post correctly, that would avoid posting an off-topic answer.
    I didn't ask/suggest the function in the Media Center (I know perfectly well what the Media center allow),
    but in the Poster Wall !

The advantage is precisely not having to leave the Poster Wall, to have to go do the manipulation elsewhere !
    The idea is that, being still on the poster of the media that we have just finished watching, if we didn't like it
    and don't wish to keep it, to be able to delete it immediately from the Contextual Menu.

It would be so much more convenient than having to leave the Poster Wall, go open the Media Center, go to the right folder,
    and scroll through all its titles until you find the file concerned to be able to delete it !
    (Thanks also to Zidoo for forgetting the "search function" in folders of the Media Center, which is even more practical
    when you have hundreds, even thousands of files among which you have to find the one to delete...)

Zappiti has always had this function in Zappiti Video, allowing directly from the poster of the media, to either completely
    erase the file (the file + its entry in the database) or just the database entry alone (keeping the file).
    With a deletion confirmation question, which prevents accidental deletion. It's extremely convenient !

(And I'm not saying the Poster Wall should be able to perform all the functions of the Media Center ;
    each application has its specificities and usefulness.
    I'm just saying that this function in particular, to be able to delete a file from its location, should be able
    to be performed directly from the Poster Wall too, and not only from the Media Center).

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
  18. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Sheesh okay... I was just providing an alternative in case you didn't know it existed.

19. Akhnaten

Akhnaten Member

I just figured out how to...
    (Thanks to OlivierQC for his tutorial video)
    The function is accessible... but totally hidden !
    It is hidden behind the de-identification function, which then opens an unexpected menu, and which contains the erase function.
    Not ergonomic or intuitive, but the important thing is that the erase function is available in the Poster Wall.
    However, unless it is also hidden, the search function in the directories of the Media Center, seems to be missing...
    It would be very useful if at some point it could be made available.

20. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Confirmed - thank you!

Hold down OK button, scroll down to "Clean Up Matching Information", and there is an option to delete the file AND remove info from the poster wall.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022