EDID thread (RTD1619BPD players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Do not mess with custom EDIDs unless you know what you are doing... But since your display sounds like it is just 1080p SDR, regular bluray files will play just fine using Auto for your HDR settings, but if indeed you also have 4K HDR/DV files, turn Off your custom EDID first, then your best bet IMO, is to select the HDR setting of VS10 to SDR option for your video output and call it a day.

2. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

I just changed AVR to Arcam850.
    Please help me edit these 2 EDID?
    EDIDVIVITEK2288. I plugged the Z9X Pro directly into the projector. My projector has a brightness of 2000 ANSI Lumen
    EDIDARCAM850. I plugged the Z9X Pro into Arcam and then from Arcam to the projector.
    Thank you very much!

Attached Files:

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What do you want to do?

DonnieYen likes this.
  4. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

I want to use VS10 LLDV.

5. Markswift2003

DonnieYen likes this.
  6. DonnieYen

DonnieYen Member

Thank you very much

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

You're welcome :)

DonnieYen likes this.
  8. NoBiluS

NoBiluS New Member

Are these EDID the same that edid-thread-rtd1619dr-players ?
    I replace the Z1000pro with the Z2600.
    My AVR is a Denon AVC X6700H.
    I will connect the Z2600 directly to the projector Sony VW 270 ES for the image part, and to the Denon for the sound part. My projector has a brightness of 1500 Lumen.

I want to use Dolby Vision as best as possible. Which EDID is the best for me ?

Thks a lot !

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
  9. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

I just wanted to chime in and say I am up and running with Zidoo z2000 —> HD Fury VROOM —> Yamaha A4A AVR —> Epson LS12000.

I now have the Zidoo setup for LLDV, and am loving it. I do not have the same problem now with HDR resetting to auto like I did when I was using Zidoo to internally spoof EDID

10. v55448330

v55448330 New Member

I am currently using z2000 pro directly connected to sony xw7000, with a brightness of 3200 lumens. Is there a suitable EDID? Should I use LLDV or HDR10? Is it necessary to add HDfury? Thank you so much!

11. max_mo

max_mo New Member

What's the best setting for Samsung OLED with 1200 nits peak brightness? Samsung does not support Dolby Vision, but only HDR 10+. Will the player handle dynamic Dolby Vision metadata when outputting regular HDR to Samsung or transmits data like all players without processing as static data?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
  12. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

I recently changed up my physical HDMI chain setup to work around some HDCP issues I was having with Apple TV and PS5 in conjunction with an HD Fury VRROOM. Anyways, so now I have sources --> AVR --> VRROOM --> Projector and everything is working great.

Interesting thing I noticed though, and I'm just so curious as to why. Previously, the zidoo showed all the various flavors of LLDV under my HDR settings, and I had LLDV 422 12 bit selected although it gave the option for the various 10 and 12 bit and YUV/RGB variants. Now, the only LLDV option I have is LLDV 422 12 bit. It's not really a problem because that is what I had selected anyways, I just can't understand why.

My only thought was maybe the custom DV block I am sending from the hdfury changed and was not including options for RGB and 10/12 bit support, but I checked that and everything looks the same as before in my dv block when I decode the active EDID.

Just thought I would ask, it's weird! I am not sure why Zidoo doesn't offer those options. The obvious answer seems to be EDID related, but I just don't understand why.

Here is my current dolby vision block decoded

Vendor-Specific Video Data Block (Dolby), OUI 00-D0-46:
    Version: 2 (12 bytes)
    Supports YUV422 12 bit
    Supports global dimming
    DM Version: 3.x
    Backlt Min Luma: 25 cd/m^2
    Interface: Low-Latency + Low-Latency-HDMI
    Supports 10b 12b 444: 12 bit
    Target Min PQ v2: 0 (0.00000000 cd/m^2)
    Target Max PQ v2: 2575 (332 cd/m^2)
    Unique Rx, Ry: 0.70703125, 0.28906250
    Unique Gx, Gy: 0.16796875, 0.79687500
    Unique Bx, By: 0.12890625, 0.04296875

13. Markswift2003

Definitely the EDID - there're a couple of bits that select between 10 bit and/or 12 bit RGB/444 and another that activates/deactivates it.

So on the Hdfury settings you need to set 10/12 bit 444/RGB to which you want (10 bit only or both) and then enable it.

14. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

That’s why i am stumped because I thought I did that

Attached Files:

15. Markswift2003

Looks like a bug in the HDFury firmware - I helped them with the coding for 10/12 bit 444/RGB support at the time on the Vertex 2, but it looks like they missed a bit out on the Vroom interface.

I can tell for sure in a couple of weeks when I’m home..

16. joey_corleone

joey_corleone Member

Thanks. I am fiddling today. Another data point - If I enable custom EDID BT.2020 LLDV EDID on Zidoo instead, same thing. It’s especially weird because it used to work as expected.

Enjoy the time away. For now it’s really not a problem it’s more of a minor irritation because it should show all the options

17. Markswift2003

The included BT2020 EDID only supports 12-bit 422 - the only place you’ll find the others is here in the first post in the EDID threads.

18. angixspirit

angixspirit New Member

hi, nice personalized edid
    what are the options so that I can somehow convert dolby vision to hdr10+ via an edid? my tv supports hdr10+ but not DV

19. Markswift2003

You can't convert DV to HDR10+

20. angixspirit

angixspirit New Member

what would be the best option then!? to have the best image quality!? the vs10 engine for all hdr formats? but what is standard mode or lldv?