DMP-A8: Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by ammar11, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Ebag4

Ebag4 New Member

Well that’s too bad, a missed opportunity in my opinion.

It sounds like you are speaking for Eversolo, if not a reply from them would be appreciated.

DMP A8 for sale in the US, PM me if interested.

Best,
    Ed

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I am not. I am just saying a pre-amp does not do what you are looking for, as it is not its job. Mixers / sound-cards with effect-loop, etc, OTOH, do.
    For a reply from Eversolo I believe you need to explicitly ask them; here there are a few people that are links to Eversolo, and could probably answer, shall they read.

3. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

If you add HT BYPASS option to the analogue input, I will sell the A6 and will buy the A8 immediately

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

That's fine, but he also wants a loop-back into a different input after external processing, and then final out... if the A8 could one day do this, that will be the day I got one.

Miki222 and fofocho like this.
  5. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

I am just asking for the option of having fixed volume for an input

MES11, Remik and Nutul like this.
  6. Maciek

Maciek New Member

If it's possible it will be nice to have automatic Loudness profile switching based on current volume.
    (Like it's done in RME ADI-2 DAC)

inca21 likes this.
  7. gtb75

gtb75 New Member

Another request for some type of "loopback" which would allow the A8 to function as a streamer as well as a preamp for an external DAC. In other words, the A8 would be a digital source via I2S (ideally), coax, etc for an external DAC and would allow you to run the analog output of that external DAC into the preamp inputs of the A8. I run the A8 directly into my amps and have been happy with the sound of the internal AKM, but would like to experiment with a R2R DAC. I know I could use a separate streamer for the external DAC and still use the A8 as a preamp, but it would be great if I could leverage the excellent streamer in the A8 instead.

8. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

MAKE OPTION TO TURN OFF SCREENSAVER.

n8wrl likes this.
  9. JTC

JTC New Member

Feature Request: Source/Output Shortcuts
    I like having the ability to put shortcuts on the home screen. But could the ability to add source/output combinations as shortcuts be added as well? I would love to have the ability to have a shortcut for my cd transport (via RCA digital input) or vinyl (via RCA analog input) say.

Feature Request: Hide Unused Inputs/Outputs
    The other thing I'd like is the ability to toggle off and on unused inputs and outputs, so that I only see the inputs and outputs that I actually use (with the option to 'show all' being available).

Other than that, continue to love my A8 :). Thanks!

n8wrl and Anøtek like this.
  10. MES11

MES11 New Member

I’ve only been using the unit for two days perhaps these are already here and I just can’ find them but

A) Volume pass through on inputs so I can run my HT through the DMP-A8 that shares an external amplifier with my 2 Channel setup simply by selecting RCA input when using HT and engaging the Preamp when using the internal player for streaming or digital inputs ie: a CD player

B) Eliminates the need to confirm wake up. Hitting power power on should be implicit enough I don’t use the remote so power up is a bit cumbersome

C) Having the screen return to “off” when selected after using the app for something else it seems you have to repeat this selection. Until I decide I want the display back on and select it as such

cheers

11. Pieter De Munnynck

Pieter De Munnynck New Member

I second your request for the HT by-pass. I’ve just purchased the dmp A8 and am expecting a power amp for the main speakers. I’ll use the dmp A 8 as pre amp for front speakers and stereo. and an Marantz SR8012 as AV receiver for all the video.
    The wake on lan issue is indeed a bit annoying.

12. Resili22

Resili22 New Member

I would like to kindly ask for some improvements in the Music Library.

1.- Sorting: Add additional sorting options to the current available in the Music section. Right now if you select any Artist that has multiple Albums, Eversolo sorts them out only by name... Would it be possible to select other ways to sort the information, like for example the Year of the Album?

2.- Display: Edit the images of Artists or other categories like those that include titles of Various/Multiple Artists. Right now the system selects an image for each Artist using any cover image of an album that contains the name of that Artist. many times the Albums do not have the Artist image or the system selects the cover of a Hits album that contain one song of that Artist but the image is not closely related... Would it be possible to change the images of Artists or other Categories to avoid so many wrongly displayed images?

Thanks a lot for your efforts to make your products truly excellent.

Cheers,
    Jorge

13. Caldera

Caldera New Member

1. If missing, you can edit the album year in the .cue file using an ascii text editor.
    2. Yes, it is possible to change the images of albums and artists.
    You can load images (jpg) of albums and artists into a „picture“ folder of the internal ssd. To change an image of album click on the desired album, then click on the three dots besides the album image, choose „edit album“, then go to „change cover“ and select the new image for the album.
    The same holds for changing images of artists.

Resili22 and Jjb067 like this.
  14. Resili22

Resili22 New Member

Hello Caldera, thanks a lot for your response.

1. The album year is not missing, is correctly available in the metadata of every rip I have made. Eversolo, displays the albums of "Artists" in alphabetical order and that is the only option available... It doesn't make much sense as most albums collections of each artist are normally sorted by release year.

2. Great! I was trying to change the image on the top left side of the menu of Eversolo Control (Under Music) and not directly on the unit or using the Cast menus.

With your tip, I was also able to change the Artist name for for example, "Compilations", "Soundtracks" and "Concerts"...

Again, million thanks for helping with topics I have been stuck for several weeks.
    Cheers,
    Jorge

Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
  15. JoseDLC

JoseDLC New Member

Hello, I would love to have a "double favorite" option, so to speak, like Roon does or the latest versions of Apple Music, let me explain, being able to add albums (tidal or qobuz) to the library but also add to favorites , like your local library, is an option I really miss. I like to add albums to my library to listen to later, but only bookmark some of them. Tidal doesn't do it either but I think it will be an option that everyone will end up adding.

16. Adept

Adept New Member

Please make option to set Play/Pause on volume knob short pressing.

17. Adept

Adept New Member

Please make it possible to set volumeter or spectrum instead screensaver.

18. Adept

Adept New Member

Pleas make this title on screenshot a link to streaming service main page.

Attached Files:

19. benma

benma Member

In the "Music" module (the "folders" option), it would be very convenient to be able to play all songs of a certain author (all songs from the entire sub folders structure of one author on the NAS) with a single tap. The Bubble Upnp application, which I still use to play music from my NAS, has such an option.
    An example of the ability to play all songs of one author in the Bubble Upnp application:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
  20. Adept

Adept New Member

Please add playback controls to Android notification bar