DMP-A8: Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by ammar11, Nov 1, 2023.

1. benma

benma Member

The screensaver function is redundant, as the display can be turned off with a special command.

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It depends what you want to do; not everybody wants the display off...

3. benma

benma Member

In both cases I do nothing.

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

So, you leave it on? Or you leave it off. You cannot just "do nothing"...

5. LAwhyno

LAwhyno New Member

Balance control please. I’m using my DMP-A8 as a preamp with input from a turntable via XLR and output also via XLR to an amplifier. I haven’t found any way of adjusting channel balance with this configuration.

helom likes this.
  6. The library media folder(s) scanning process needs to be faster.

7. LameImpala

LameImpala Member

I’m having a hard time justifying the spend on this due to having to sideload apk’s, which apparently is against google rules and I read they will ban your account if caught doing so?

in the meantime, I still can’t find an Apple Music apk that will work. I uploaded one and when I click the Apple logo it just pops up a blank screen for a second, then goes back to app selector screen. I’ve tried deleting and uploading again, to no avail!

8. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Apple Music is available to install under ‘Streaming’ (scroll down). After install, it will be available under ‘Apps’ as well…

9. LameImpala

LameImpala Member

Thanks for the reply.

I see Apple Music app and when I press it, it goes to a white screen for about a second, then it closes. I have never gotten it to open successfully.

10. John Capra

John Capra New Member

1. I would also like an HT Bypass on a per input basis but really just the analog inputs as you said.
    2. Also, if possible with the current hardware, I would like an option to also have HT Bypass activated when the unit is OFF so you don't need to power it up if you want to use your home theater processor through it.

fofocho likes this.
  11. Happyman

Happyman New Member

I would like to see a source button on all screens of the remote phone app. No matter what streaming service you are using you can touch the source button to change the input. Just like the dedicated source button on the remote.

12. helom

helom New Member

I was surprised to find the ipad app only works in Landscape view. It would be great if a future version also allows Portrait view. Really surprised I haven’t seen complaints on this limitation.

It would also be great if a future update made the app such that there is album artwork thumbnails next to each track under the Qobuz “favourites” list, similar to Bluesound’s arrangement. The little artwork thumbnails make track identification much quicker.

Finally, it would be great if most of the software functions continued to work via remote control when using the analog inputs, say for example, if you wanted to connect the DMP-A8’s streaming function to an external DAC and then route the signal back into the DMP-A8’a analog input. I realize most users will have no desire to use an external DAC, but I also imagine this would still be a rather easy feature to incorporate into a future update.

Pretty please and thank you!

13. helom

helom New Member

Oh, and I’ll repeat the requests for a balance control for the analog inputs. That’s sort of a must for a proper preamp. Thanks.

14. LameImpala

LameImpala Member

Agree. When I do passthrough with my phono preamp I get a lot of popping on heavy parts.

15. LAwhyno

LAwhyno New Member

16. LAwhyno

LAwhyno New Member

I also had trouble with the screen defaulting to landscape mode but if you get to the My Devices screen there is an icon in the upper right corner allowing you to switch between landscape and portrait. Good luck.

17. More album info in the library, where there are multiple versions it would be good to have

release data
    sampling/bit rate

upload_2024-4-13_12-5-21.png

18. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, can you share some information about the three releases of TDSOTM albums? Apart from the original, I have no clue what the other two are.
    Thank you.

19. John Ross

John Ross New Member

The main features I would like to see are

1. Ability to disable inputs so that cycling through them only selects the ones I use
    2. Auto sleep if no input after x minutes
    3. Auto power on when TV is turned on i.e. through HDMI earc
    4. Auto sense and switch when new input is detected especially HDMI/internal player switching
    5. Fix minimum volume issue through hdmi earc

20. watson96

watson96 New Member

Hi all. I think it would be a good idea to sell an additional silver front panel.