DMP-A8: Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by ammar11, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Ebag4

Ebag4 New Member

It may have required moderator approval due to the quoted post within, here is my text from above:

Thanks for the reply. I have an A6 as well and have connected external DACs. The feature I am hoping can be added is specifically related to DSD file playback. DSD files are not able to have their volume changed in the native DSD format, so if you want to change the volume it has to be done in the analog domain, because of this the A6 will not be able to meet my need with regard to DSD files. The A8 has an analog preamp/volume control which could adjust the volume of an external DAC fed into the analog input, my issue is I do not currently have a way to chose the USB output ( to stream signal to external DAC) and choose analog input to be able to control volume via the Eversolo app or remote control. This seems like a natural function that should be available but may have been overlooked since it would only impact those who would like to play DSD files natively.

Thanks,
    Ed

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

From what I understand you want some sort of loopback, is this right:

1. A8 play DSD => USB out => external DAC
    2. ext DAC RCA analog out => A8 RCA analog in
    3. A8 volume control => RCA analog OUT => AMP => speakers

Not meant for this...

3. Ebag4

Ebag4 New Member

Yes, that is what I would like to do. It would appear this should be possible given this unit is billed as a streamer, DAC, and analog preamp/volume control. If the unit is electrically (as designed) able to make the streamer output and analog input active simultaneously I would ask that function be enabled through software.

Best,
    Ed

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

The concept is not even of a pre-amp, at least I do not know of any pre-amp accepting at the same time 2 INPUTS and 2 OUTPUTS, chained one after another; moreover, one being digital and one analog...
    I mean, you'd need an audio routing matrix, and this is what mixers do...

5. Happyman

Happyman New Member

I would like to the Volume controls on the phone app interface screens be enlarged. My big stubby fingers have trouble hitting the small volume targets on the various screens.

6. Erland Loyd

Erland Loyd New Member

I agree. Maybe selection between two sizes, large or small.

7. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

Discovered small problem in v1.2.60
    Timezone keeps going back to china instead of my country Netherlands

also when I change input source there are pretty loud ticks through the speakers

8. Lige

Lige New Member

Yes, the same thing - DSP is off but the current tracklist on mobile shows DSP ON. The source - from NAS

ADDITION
    The DSP icon on the screen of the player itself shows correct state , it's off/grey

Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
  9. Lige

Lige New Member

The noticed bugs:
    1 on system_setting page (inside folders) files icons randomly shown as folder icons after dim out the screen or change activity and return
    1a the icons randomly set as an album cover pic (as should be) and as an file icon (blue one)
    2 after long dim out (or changing the activity and back ) tapping back on the current track page jumps to the home page, not the previous one (in my case - system_setting page with tracks list).
    3 surfing UPnP page /DLNA gives access only till middle of letter D (dire straits are shown, donna summer isn't)
    4 streaming page has no NFS / SMB access, should go to system_setting

the wishes:
    - to make bit rate / genre / country filter on webradio page
    - to make cd-ripping possible if external cd transport is connected to digital input

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  10. Lige

Lige New Member

the wish:
    - source input from the main screen (on the streamer)

sorry, not easy to find but implemented already.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
  11. Lige

Lige New Member

i left A8 playing round clock . this morning found it silent.
    some settings were reset.
    system_setting page was cleared. no memory of used sources
    mqa set to default
    time and date set to default
    time zone couldnot be set to any country - leaving /reentering the time and date menu shows the zone is set to china again
    (i set to any country, it confirmed of success. if you just look into date format /time format subsections and back - the zone is as set. but if you look into any subsection and change the setting , no matter which , even if you set the same setting , after applying and success notification , the time zone is set to China again

some other settings are as were set (not reset to defaulf)

Software version 1.2.60

12. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

The time zone has to be set on the device, not by a phone / tablet app.

13. DE_Don

DE_Don New Member

A feature request and a TLDR as to why and if there is a better way.

One thing that I would request is Airplay from the A8 to remote speakers. We all talk about it being an endpoint which I really do not understand if the A8 is just an additional source. But for me the ability to send sound out via two paths and one is Airplay would solve my issue.

The use case is that I already have a ROCK (with Qobuz) going into a Schiit DAC and then Schiit pre-amp, a pair of Emotiva amps and then out to a pair of MartinLogans. I added the A8 to the pre-amp via balanced XLR.

Today I losslessly output streaming music with Qobuz on the Roon ROCK via Airplay to supported speakers and into my existing DAC path. Also the ROCK holds locally attached storage. Outputting a losey signal to the Airplay speakers and only lossless to the wired stuff, I get that. But the goal is "party mode" whole house music or zones that are unwired knowing that trade-off. Another goal is one interface to music in the house acessible via an app.

The hope was to remove the ROCK, remove the Schiit DAC, and cancel the Qobuz subscription since I already have AppleMusic, and then use AppleMusic for the lossless wired path and losey Airplay from the A8 where losey is ok. I would also then have the ability to load other apps into the A8 (SirrusXM, Bandcamp). Lossy, yes but at least there without tying up or being dependent on a phone. And I can move local storage over as well to the A8.

If I can get this working then I can talk about removing the Schiit pre-amp (maybe, not convinced yet).

14. Lige

Lige New Member

but phone has the menu entry of time zone.
    checked on the device - time zone and country were set correctly/ as first time. thus, mobile menu has no effect an shows just default

15. Lige

Lige New Member

a wish:

to make a side scroll for faster surfing throu' the looooong list of the albums/artists

16. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

As I told you, right?

17. Lige

Lige New Member

absolutely.
    i should mark it as a bug in mobile application.

btw, does this thread concerns the mobile app also? or just the devices ?

18. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It is a known issue.
    Better a new thread related to the app. First search to see if there is already one around...

19. Anøtek

Anøtek New Member

Still no option to hide unused inputs to make the display more user-friendly.

Still no automatic switch to the internal player when switching from an optical input to a local streaming/NAS/Stokage source.

20. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

I believe the Mobil app only allows setting of the country , then the timezone of selected country can be set on the Eversolo. The app will still show China.
    At least that’s how it works on my A8.

Bk