DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Nendos

Nendos New Member

My request #1
    Add an option in the settings to enter the standby mode instead of completely shutting down when using the remote control.

Edit: Of course in the standby mode it should display a screensaver selected in the settings.

Last edited: May 9, 2024
  2. The Moog

The Moog Member

This could be linked to the short press function on the volume control; setting this to standby (for example) would enable this function from both the short push on the volume control and power button on the remote.

Nendos likes this.
  3. octavius

octavius Member

At the rate zidoo has started doing firmware updates and whatever people want to add or fix, it will take at least 100 years to fully tune eversolo.

4. Nendos

Nendos New Member

My request #2
    It's great that after start it continues with playing but it would be even better if it could display the "Playing now" screen instead of the menu.

octavius likes this.
  5. Nendos

Nendos New Member

My request #3
    The remote control has a very nice button for switching between display modes/screens.

Now it works in this order:
    • Screenshot_20240509_070422_EverSolo Controller~2.jpg
    • Screenshot_20240509_071353_EverSolo Controller~2.jpg
    • Screenshot_20240509_070437_EverSolo Controller~2.jpg
    • Screenshot_20240509_070444_EverSolo Controller~2.jpg
    Why does it show the menu? When I'm using the remote control I'm sitting on my sofa 3 meters away from the streamer, I'm unable to use the menu.

Why does it show 2 similar spectrum analyzers? I'm unable to use the menu on the first one when I'm sitting on my sofa.

It doesn't make any sense to display any menus when using the remote control (except the Playing now screen).
    Instead it would be useful to be able to switch from an album art theme to the textual theme. From my sofa I'm cant read the artist information in the album art theme because it's too small.

What I would like is this order:
    • Screenshot_20240509_071353_EverSolo Controller~2.jpg
    • Screenshot_20240509_071512_EverSolo Controller~2.jpg
    • Screenshot_20240509_070444_EverSolo Controller~2.jpg

Tore Carstensen and octavius like this.
  6. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

7. mikeypas

mikeypas New Member

My wish list: (iOS app version)

1) remove autocorrect in the search field. I know it’s system wide usually but there are other apps out there that seem to be able to remove the autocorrect in search field.

2) make search include matches close to what’s entered in the search field. Ie. “great gates of Kiev” returned no matches because the title is actually “great gate of Kiev”. Other apps search feature includes close matches.

3) quick way to return to main screen. Currently have to press back arrow 4 or 5 times to get back to main screen in app. (Search for a song and play it then go back to main screen)

4) import playlists! I have a bunch of playlists in Audirvāna macOS that I would love to import. Apparently the eversolo doesn’t read the .m3u files

all of these are very minor of course but I hope easily updatable in future revisions

Last edited: May 15, 2024 at 9:04 PM
    Monkey3017 likes this.
  8. GeNeRiKz

GeNeRiKz Member

I have already reported this to EverSolo.

There is a way to go back quickly: hold the top folder location and it will pop-up all the upper-levers for direct access.

But if you click there, it crashes every time.

unnamed.png

9. Nendos

Nendos New Member

My request #4
    On the Playing now screen, the background color is adjusted according to the colors of the album art. It looks pretty good for rich and darker colors, but it's very ugly for bright and less saturated colors like white. It looks washed out and not pretty at all, rather it looks like the display backlight value has been set higher.
    If the color has high brightness and low saturation, please consider using a darker version of the color.

Good backgrounds colors:
    Image1.png
    Image2.png
    Image3.png

Bad background colors:
    Image4.png
    Image5.png
    Should be:
    Image4-edited.png
    Image5-edited.png

Last edited: May 17, 2024 at 6:13 AM
    Miki222 likes this.
  10. Nendos

Nendos New Member

My request #5
    My super cheap internet radio in the kitchen can show an album art and a track information when I'm listening to an internet radio station.

For example one of my favorite stations 80s80s Italo Disco:
    .trashed-1718612521-20240518_101614~2.jpg

And now the same station on DMP-A6:
    Screenshot_20240518_104635_EverSolo Controller~2.jpg

Why my 16x more expensive Eversolo can't do that too? Please add this feature.

Last edited: May 18, 2024 at 11:05 AM
  11. Remik

Remik Member

in eversolo you have three additional applications to open the radio that displays album covers

Attached Files:

12. Nendos

Nendos New Member

Thank you. Which one is free and able to do that? I know only TuneIn and that's a paid application.

13. Remik

Remik Member

Audials

Nendos likes this.
  14. Nendos

Nendos New Member

I installed it and it indeed works. Thank you very much.
    Still I would prefer if the native Eversolo Internet Radio application could show those information because it has a better and more consistent appearance.

This GUI doesn't look very good, it obviously wasn't optimized for this display size, orientation and resolution:
    .trashed-1718620497-Screenshot_20240518_122848_EverSolo Controller~2.jpg

Last edited: May 19, 2024 at 1:36 AM
    Miki222 likes this.
  15. Miki222

Miki222 Member

+1
    I also agree that the built-in internet radio should show this information and images just like other and cheaper products.

Last edited: May 18, 2024 at 1:09 PM
    Tore Carstensen and Nendos like this.
  16. Tore Carstensen

Tore Carstensen New Member

How do you install the Audials? Same as other Apps?

17. Nendos

Nendos New Member

It's in the Streaming section under the name Audials Play, just tap on it.