DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. RolandG

RolandG Member

I'm not sure (but open to evidence) that the streamer stage is the right place for this. A streamer's job is to transport data without any interference or sound coloration. I doubt that even the DAC stage would be right to introduce this "warmth".

Wouldn’t the amp be the better component to do so? Although there’s probably an argument to be made for amps being neutral.

2. NealeH4n

NealeH4n New Member

No amp can achieve what I am suggesting, and yes they should be as flat as possible, that’s why I use Focal active reference monitors.

My suggested feature is no different to the insertion of the new EQ modules into the signal path. In reality they are just digital plugin effects that emulate an EQ. They are useful for adjusting the sound to personal taste, but they also can be used for tuning your room should you have a calibration profile. I use Sonorworks SoundID in my studio for this to automatically tune my monitors for a flat response, and I have a profile for my home listening room too which I use on my Mac to playback audio I am working on in the studio.

The addition of the new EQ modules means I can now set up an approximation of that calibration profile for the A6. The addition of the EQ modules proves it is possible to insert a plugin into the chain ITB and all I am asking for is the ability to insert a pro-audio emulation of choice into the chain. It will all still be digital, but has the potential to exceed the current outstanding sound by passing it through a pro-audio mastering device emulation that to my ears sounds as close as close can be.

Everyone’s taste is different, and how we enjoy our music is wholly subjective. All I am asking for is a feature that would be reasonably easy to provide. It would deliver unbelievable studio quality separation and would be a first in consumer digital equipment.

_Richard_ likes this.
  3. RolandG

RolandG Member

Thank you for your reply.

Might cost be a prohibiting factor here? What would a license for these modules cost Zidoo? Can they be implemented in an Android system?

NealeH4n and _Richard_ like this.
  4. NealeH4n

NealeH4n New Member

Hi @RolandG thanks for all your helpful comments.

VoosteQ suggest on their site that they do provide their tech for others to licence, so yes licencing would be an issue to consider. The other thing is Model N is currently only available in VST2/3 AAX and AU formats so porting to whatever the Android format is (IDK as I don’t have any Android devices other than the A6 itself) would need to be done, but that should be doable.

Most of the Model N channel would be unnecessary for use in the A6 - Personally I would only want the Console 1 emulation with an amount of preamp drive and wet/dry control.

If cost was an issue then all Eversolo need do is enable the ability to insert an effect slot and offer the plugin as an optional purchase. The list price of the full channel is $199, but it’s currently only $19.90 which is unbelievable as it outperforms every other emulation I have by a mile and many of them cost $200-500 each.

This would be yet another game changing feature for the A6 and I hope Eversolo and VoosteQ would see this as a real opportunity to further each others ground breaking technology.

If you get a chance to run UHD audio through this, try it out it’s amazing. If you have the facility to insert a plugin host on your Mac/PC output you could use Waves studio rack - a free VST host https://www.waves.com/plugins/studiorack which you can use to run the demo of Model N. Ensure oversampling is on, defeat all the modules other than the console 1 emulation and pre amp and very very gently push the preamp - you don't want distortion. Engage and disengage the Console1 emu. I prefer the sound aged, but the difference in depth, separation and clarity is undeniable. Love it.

SausageDog likes this.
  5. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

I was actually looking for some research that substantiates you claim that added second order harmonic distortion increases soundstage?
    Any amount of distortion can be added during the creation of music that is part of the creative process but not in its reproduction.
    Keith

6. NealeH4n

NealeH4n New Member

Keith, Same research, same principles, just a different application

7. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

Creation and reproduction completely different, you stated,
    ‘It is simply a fact that analogue 3rd/4th order harmonic saturation imparts a distinct and audible separation which delivers more dimension and width to the sound stage’. ‘
    Just asking for some actual research not a You tube ‘influencer’ video.
    Keith

8. NealeH4n

NealeH4n New Member

The videos I posted are not ‘influencers’ they’re expert jobbing engineers. You don’t have to agree with me or care and feel free to do your own research-it’s out there. I know what I know from decades of production, mixing and performance. I also know what I hear in my studio and at home. If you don’t agree with me, no sweat. Have a happy life…

9. pippo pluto

pippo pluto New Member

AES/EBU output
    I know a hardware upgrade is not feasable but I would really like it :)

10. Rolf Quander

Rolf Quander New Member

I wonder, is there a chance we could see the EQ working on the optical in? Hence we can use our tv and use the EQ with the internal Dac.

There are so much amazing and unique music that will never be available on music streamers like Spotify and Tidal, so there is a need to be able to stream from the optical, but so are the use of the EQ at the same time.

As of now it is still possible do the same but it takes an external eq if you use the optical in.

octavius and zipe like this.
  11. sosojerk

sosojerk New Member

Hello,
    One simple feature would be that when I play a track from internal source, the DMP A6 switches automatically the input source to Internal Player. This way it can avoid manually switching the input and saves us some clicks and times. And will be more user friendly.
    This was actually requested by a reviewer here as well:

octavius likes this.
  12. octavius

octavius Member

I would invite this feature too. To have eqaliser on optic input. Is it the big problem to do it? thx

13. Remik

Remik Member

jest ta funkcja

Attached Files:

14. octavius

octavius Member

But we are talking about input spidf not output.

15. Remik

Remik Member

eventually the input equalizer will double the output equalizer
    makes no sense, this option has no use

16. Rolf Quander

Rolf Quander New Member

I am not asking for an EQ on the input and the output end only one is need as of now there is non.

17. octavius

octavius Member

ok i will check im not with the touch with player now ;)

18. Martipulami

Martipulami New Member

I would like to see native streaming integration from Napster so I don't have to use the (very slow) app. However, I am also aware that the larger music services are probably given preferential treatment.

19. oleszcz

oleszcz New Member

I have one request regarding the appearance and operation of the display when turning the volume up or down. When the VU clocks work and I turn the volume up (in the app or with the remote control), a circle appears in the middle showing the gain level - and that's fine. However, what annoys me is that the VU clocks get smaller and a navigation bar shows up on the side. This is annoying. Just circle the level and the VU levels should not decrease.

20. audio58

audio58 Active Member

Please add chromecast...everything else is ok, since I no longer use Amazon.