DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. octavius

octavius Member

I have checked yesterday. I have put optical cable from TV to input spidf on eversolo. I set Interal player but there is no possibility of EQ. I turn on EQ as is on picture.

2. audio58

audio58 Active Member

How about a higher version of Android? My samsung tablet just got Android 14.

3. Remik

Remik Member

but it is on every output, and that's its purpose, and you listen to the output on some amplifier

4. Amnesiac

Amnesiac New Member

The EQ is a nice to have feature in my mind. I am really disappointed that they spent development time on it. I'd much rather they'd fixed some basic feature must and should haves; like not populating the Genre section of the music db with crap from who knows where. I have virtually no Genre information in my collection as I don't use it - I have an eclectic taste and quite often disagree with the tags music downloads come with or lookup sites provide my rips - so I remove it all. Since I use it sparingly and for certain situations only having the DMP-A6 populate my library with a total mess of genres is annoying. Navigation through artists/albums section is poor - I tend to use the Library option and use that to get to the music. Not having a sofa friendly control mechanism even with the remote is poor - I don't sit right next to the box when listening and I don't like having to fish my phone out, unlock it etc just to skip back to replay a track in a playlist (another function that doesn't work like every other device out there btw).

If people want to mess with the output of the DAC please do so downstream. I just want the transport and the 1s and 0s out the back and I appreciate some people came for the DAC but the DMP-A6 has HDMI out the back so it can go into an AVR if needed and it's that level of the market I think it's aiming for.

If, and I don't know how these things work, there is a licensing deal to be made I'd rather it be made with Dolby to allow Atmos to go out the HDMI at the back. I appreciate some people will be getting out the pitchforks and marching into the streets at that. But, for stereo I use the AVR as a pre-amp to a power amp driving a different set of speakers. It uncomplicates the AV stack for me and my family who use it too. For me this isn't a hobby as it is for some because it just needs to be good enough simply because I can't hear much of a difference once the numbers get too high. Plus I think there's a LOT of snake-oil being sold too. I suspect if HiFi claims were treated to the same regimen of blind control tests as say medicines are we'd get a lot less hyperbole and a lot more focus on what works and what doesn't.

5. Remik

Remik Member

Eat a Snickers because you're a star

6. Miki222

Miki222 Member

T Screenshot_20240219_010247_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240219_010309_Gallery.jpg here are many albums in Dolby Atmos and new ones are still being released every day, and it is assumed that there will be more and more of them, so I would also like, it has already been mentioned here, that the A6 / A6 ME enables multi-channel Dolby Atmos output - actually only transition from Hdmi to the receiver, where it would be further processed. Or make a new model A10? , which would make it possible, but in the full size of 43 cm already with an adjustable headphone output.

7. Stuj

Stuj Member

I’m not sure if my attention span is getting smaller these days, i feel like this post required a TL;DR

Nutul likes this.
  8. Stuj

Stuj Member

Or just buy a Zidoo z9x that happily plays them and hook that up to another line of your HDMI inputs on your AVR

Nutul likes this.
  9. GC500

GC500 New Member

1) Ability to completely turn off the screen. Not just timeout after x minutes. Currently have to wait min of 5 min for it to turn off and then as soon as I adjust volume control while in cast mode on a mobile device the screen turns back on anyway.
    2) Ability to import raw .txt files with PEQ / Fixed EQ settings - so EQ settings don't always have to be entered manually.
    3) Ability to copy / paste (duplicate) EQ profiles - although not needed if you implement #2.
    4) More flexibility with Fixed EQ settings... ability to set the frequency and number of bands (and allow more than 15 bands).

blackie likes this.
  10. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

The screen can be turned on/off with the remote or just push the volume knob once to see this screen.

IMG_0389.jpeg

The A6 EQ is handled by CPU, so that is probably why it ‘only’ has 10 bands for EQ (beta had 15, I believe).

The A8 has DSP with FIR filters that can be imported as WAV files. One for each channel. The A8’s DACs help with DSP (from what I can understand) and there is more power ‘left over’ for the CPU to do other things…

Nutul likes this.
  11. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

And inside the Eversolo Control app for iPhone/iPad, you can hit the power icon and get this screen:

IMG_0390.jpeg

12. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Ditto for the android app, back to those 4 options with latest firmware. One of the alphas had just 2 options but that was abnormal.

13. THXjay

THXjay Member

Been looking for a new media player with nice looking tablet app.
    This one seems to be the best available but the cast feature seems to waste a lot of space on a large tablet screen.
    It would be nice to have the option to fill a tablet screen with larger album covers, maybe also add CD jewel case covers to the covers.

An option to remove the text from beneath the cover art would be cool, so it would just be a screen filled with 3 or 3 rows of large album covers.

I like to browse by genre first, so art for genre tags would be nice.

All my music is in flac with everything tagged and both folder.jpg and background.jpg images in each folder. It would be nice if read these and used them instead of grabbing them from online.

Generally, I would just like to see more user options for all of the layout and UI in general as we all use these machines in our own unique way.

14. GeNeRiKz

GeNeRiKz Member

You could also add DTS 5.1/571, DTS-HD Master Audio or Dolby True-HD and variants.

But from what I can see probing the DMP-A6 with all kind of tests, is that the common factor that binds all the working formats is constant bitrate.

FLAC, WAV, DTS-CDs, DSD, DSD multi-ch, MP3 converted to PCM, Audio streaming, etc.
    They are all handled by the A6 as constant bitrate (CBR) streams.

All the other options we are considering here are variable bitrate (VBR) streams (+ need licensing from their various owners).

That might be the main limitation.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
  15. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

This should be only optional though. I am using the A6 as a USB-DAC a lot and I really like how this work in taking over the computer sound automatically.
    Some may also like to select a song while a different input is playing.

However: The screen which is displayd for DAC/SPDIF etc could show a switch button to switch to the internal player right away.

16. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

I really miss a register (A,B,..Z) for Artists and Albums.
    Right now the list simply does not work, I can not go further than "E" because the list is too long.
    I am using the search or the Library bowser as work around, but that is not ideal.

I would also like to create a filter for Artists:
    - Count of songs lossy compressed in Library (<, > )
    - Count of songs lossless compressed in Library (<, > )

This is important if there as sampler in the library. They can really fill up your artist list.

The register could also be implemented as filter: Starting with..., that would be easy to implement.

Jasper999 likes this.
  17. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Feature Request:
    Use local artwork for artists!

Pictures like folder.jpg stored in the Artist Folder of your local music database (NAS, USB-Drives, NMVE-SSD).

18. rodry

rodry New Member

Here some suggestions connected to "Squeeze Connect"
    • Possibility to add "Squeeze connect" shortcut in Home Screen
    • Possibility to add automatic execution of "Squeeze connect" every time Eversolo is turning-on
    • In Android Eversolo App I don't see "Squeeze connect" applet
    • Possibility to Launch httpLMSADDRESS:9001/material/ material skin Instead of old web LMS interface (a manual setup??)
    • Streaming RadioParadise from LMS to Eversolo Fail. Streaming Other app like Zen radio, jazz radio, classical radio, rock radio and Deezer works from LMS!
    Eversolo app need some improvement in browsing library (take a look to squeezer app...).

However It's a very well made product, and I'm very happy with it!
    Thank's!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    Boudy, Amnesiac and The Moog like this.
  19. Path8022

Path8022 Member

It might be worth sideloading the LMS Material Android app via F-Droid. Then you can pin the app to the home screen and in my case at least, the material skin launches through the Squeeze Connect interface.

20. rodry

rodry New Member

Hi Path, Material Skin is a Plug-In that you install server side on LMS. When you launch Squeeze Connect App in eversolo, on the right corner there is a link-icon that point to httpLMSADDRESS:9001.
    If LMS server has material plugin installed, link httpLMSADDRESS:9001/material open a better web interface.
    I'm not able to insert "Squeeze Connect" shortcut in Eversolo Home Page. Every time I turn-on Eversolo, I need to launch Squeeze Connect to make this like a Squeezebox client so I can control this with other streamer from LMS