DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

+1 for that. I’m a Last.fm user as well, since 2005.

Unfortunately, it looks like Last.fm is slowly dieing. The new owners did absolutely nothing to move the platform forward.

2. FrozenMetroid

FrozenMetroid New Member

I'd love to see disc art support. You can already show the album cover, and there is a spinning CD in the top right corner when playing tracks, but the disc is just using the front cover image. All of my music has a folder image and a disc art image (image of the CD in .PNG) and it would be great if the A6 could use my disc art for the spinning disc in the top right corner . I think it should be easy to implement unless I've missed it and have my disc art name wrong (currently discart.PNG).

3. Berico

Berico Member

Qobuz direct

and dream
    A8 analog imput
    A6 with adc ( Focusrite or a new eversolo adc)
    App for ripping vinyl , app for remove click, pops and noise , and why not play on fly.

4. Remik

Remik Member

and fries to go with it.

Fergus likes this.
  5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Ooooooooooooo!!!!! It's a streamer, not a audio workstation!
    SO?!?! Then why not pretend also full 8K @ 60Hz video, just because we want to watch youtube music videos?!?!??!

6. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

That would be ridiculous!

7. Vinnie

Vinnie Member

I’d still just like them to implement the CarPlay style interface for Apple Music. I’ve switched to Qobuz but would go back to Apple if the UI didn’t suck.

den16410 likes this.
  8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It is already, according to the post I was criticizing...

9. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

I agree, and I was being sarcastic but it doesn’t seem to stop them from asking, where do they get some of these ideas?

Nutul likes this.
  10. Aliaxandr

Aliaxandr New Member

MAKE OPTION TO TURN OFF SCREENSAVER

Smille and den16410 like this.
  11. Karim

Karim New Member

Dear,
    I would like to have an option to display the LYRICS on the dmp a6 screen.
    Best regards

12. Fergus

Fergus Active Member

Why? You should be listening!

Nikolay Gramchev and Nutul like this.
  13. Audacity (free for PC) or Vinyl Studio or a Puffin phono preamp. Or when available again and much more costly, one of the Sweet Vinyl Sugar Cube models.

14. RolandG

RolandG Member

Qobuz Connect (when it’s published) is a Qobuz feature, not an Eversolo feature. Ask Qobuz to speed up the implementation.

den16410 and Nutul like this.
  15. octavius

octavius Member

Munchen hifi May 9 2024 is launch date from David Solomon last info.

Nutul, Jone1973 and RolandG like this.
  16. William Gaw

William Gaw New Member

Play primarily classical files by streaming and files loaded to a 4 tab internal ssd. Don't know whether it is a problem with my 6a or not, but it cannot do the following:
    1: my prepro cannot do 176 or 192. Have set the 6a to 96 and 88 khz gapless but it still transmits 176 and 192 to prepro.
    2. Plus it won't play gapless. It just keeps repeating the same track unless I press the forward button.
    3. Would it be possible to be able to set a maximum kHz output through hdmi and spdif.

17. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Have you set the EOS setting OFF ? This is necessary if you want to specify the sampling rate as other than original.

18. NealeH4n

NealeH4n New Member

At long last I’ve begun ripping CDs now that my Apple SD is working, but it is laborious with the persistent dialogue boxes and the need to check the option for retaining track numbers with every new rip.

Is it possible to add a ‘do not show this dialogue’ option on each step and ‘tip’? I would also like to set my preferences for ripping so they are fixed. If there already is a way to do either or both my apologies, but I can’t find this option anywhere thus far.

19. NealeH4n

NealeH4n New Member

Just installed the last OS update and delighted to see the two EQ options now available and looking forward to trying them out and if I can retire my external EQ unit. This has prompted me to ask about a wish-list request which would be awesome.

No matter how good digital audio has become it never yet competes with vinyl for analogue separation and soundstage. There are many pro-audio plugins which aim to emulate analogue warmth with varying degrees of sucess, but I recently came across a new audio plugin that just has that sound.

I tried paying Apple Music through it it in my studio and it is unbelievable in delivering that Neve type saturation adding dimension and space. It would be awesome if you could licence this tech from the company responsible - they suggest they are willing to do so on their site. Alternatively could develop a way to insert audio effects into the signal path?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Yeah, you are right... digital 24bit at 768kHz. without hum and cracks and pops will never equate vinyl... go figure what we are making all these SOTA DACs for.