Crowdsourcing translation project for ZIDOO Media player need your help[22 Mar test version update]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 17, 2021.

1. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Nothing will happen. The new firmware will be released and then later if there are ones to be translated it will appear in Transifex and then you will always have to wait for weeks to see that the translation has been good. I've seen this so far. Sorry if I'm not positive.

2. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Well, I hope not. With all the spelling mistakes or wrong terms used here and there in french in the media center, the player and the main page, that would make no sense to leave it as it is. But, just like for the cancel button issue, I will not spend my time anymore asking for the new parts of the project or encouraging the other guys to update their translations. I will give up and go back to my daily use with the english interface, that’s it that’s all.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  3. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

@Temearoo Could you refresh my memory as to explain what this "cancel button issue" is?

Now doing a shallow "quick scan & repair" on the (not UK) English strings, I notice that quite some of them still have their translations from early days. Would this language maybe have been forgotten?
    Anyways, my kudos to @blenky and @Mabon for their work on both UK and US English. A lot of the UK English could be copied into the US strings that hadn't been looked into for a long time.

4. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

The Polish language is complete. It definitely needs corrections, but for that I need a preview

@mirror - can you put the Polish language into some trial version on RTD 1296?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  5. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Don't strain nothing will happen!

6. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

New strings to be added, as expected…

7. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

An old version of the Hungarian translation was put in HT4.0 again. It's like I didn't do anything. Damn it. Then what the hell do I improve the translation if not the fresh one is included. That's why I waited almost 1 month. I am very angry!!!:mad::mad::mad:

8. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

:eek: I will check for french tonight, I hope that is not the same. Is it the version coming with the test app of september?

So sorry for you :(

9. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

These are definitely the versions of Quick Settings and HT coming with the test apps released in september 30th, absolutely not the final ones still in transifex when asked to us to confirm 2 weeks ago.

And of course, we need a new string for « show clearlogo » in HT.

Why not for the cancel button in rematch (I appreciate that you try to find a solution for some of us concerned with this issue) but I would much prefer more room for the text on the button to display the ONE missing character, just like in other places in HT or Quick Settings.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  10. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

In english US for the HT 4.0 app, there is a mix of english US and english UK for the spelling of "Favorites".

The string 12 (that should use uppercsase as the word will be used for the categories of the welcome page of HT) is in english UK : Favourite. For the string 552 and 553, that's ok : Favorite and Favorites.

11. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Will look into those.

As for string 12 being used as a category, I reckon changing Favourite --> FAVORITES will be the most proper?

12. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Yes, because all the other categories on the Welcome Page of HT use uppercase. Select English US in quick settings and add a couple of movies in the favorites. Then, go to the welcome page of HT to check the titles, you will see what I mean ("favourite" is the only one in lowercase). :)

13. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Okay. For both HT and QS, all US English strings containing "favourite(s)" have been changed into "favorite(s)"

String 12 changed to FAVORITES

14. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I think that there are other « wrong » favourites in the US translation, like the action « cancel favourite » in the left menu of poster wall.

15. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Can you give string number please?

16. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

The translation in transifex is ok now. The "favourites" that I found are in HT with the last firmware.

We still need a new string to translate "Show clearlogo" in the HT settings.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  17. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

There are some new sentences that could be translated HT. I hope we don’t wait for it to be added to Transifex, but we get an HT & QS apk update.o_O

18. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Did you find any other functions to translate, apart the clearlogo one?

19. feherzaj51

feherzaj51 Member

Attached Files:

20. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Got it.

So 3 new functions in HT and the explanations for trailers or soundtracks in details page. These 2 functions in preference should be placed just after Default entry method, as they don’t use a switch like the other ones.

And a NEW part of the project

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021