Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I think you've already posted this issue - there's no need for double-posting

Edit: - And you've received a response :)

2. ofir

ofir Member

ROZEL
    Congratulations on joining the ZIDDO team

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@ofir - you know something I don't?

4. khollister

khollister Member

I have numerous MKV's created with MakeMKV that have DTS-HD Master 5.1 or 7.1 audio. While I haven't specifically noticed what the Zidoo info says while playing, my Marantz pre-pro does indeed list the incoming and outgoing audio as "DTS-HD MSTR" Lossy DTS audio is reported as "DTS-SURROUND", so I suspect something going wrong in howDVDFab creates the mkv and your Pioneer interprets the resulting stream. I'm 98% certain it is an issue in how the mkv is created.

5. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

Is there a limit on what the Z1000Pro can handle as far as the number of music files is concerned?

Recently I updated my catalog on my Zidoo HD (Ironwolf NAS 4TB) to now 10,597 tracks.
    When it was around 8000 I could use the file explorer to look through the files. Now I can’t anymore. Every time I try the music player crashes. Meaning: the player goes back to homescreen.

Also in the music player I can’t access the files. Immediately it crashes. Going back to homescreen.
    It only works when I use the Artist option. Then I can go to any artist without a crash.
    It’s quite annoying.
    I’m on firmware 6.4.42_G

is it a bug in the firmware, or a limit in the player?

This never happened before on this firmware with a smaller catalog. But deleting songs seems a bit of a waste.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

just move 500 tracks off the 4tb drive at a time till it stops crashing

ie shouldnt take too many moved tracks to see if their is an accidental limit in place atm
    little bit of moving off /on and you could find the exact limit number for Zidoo to fix

Topdude and rozel like this.
  7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've imported a library of around 124,000 songs successfully...

The key with music, (and this is true of any client/server solution), is to tag it accurately first - I use Linn for serious music listening, but whether I'm using Linn Kazoo or a Zidoo, I wouldn't dream of importing an untagged library.

Topdude likes this.
  8. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

Well, like I said, this didn’t happen when the library was smaller.
    Before I do anything I make sure all my albums are tagged.

I’ll take the advice from @cucnz and remove a few thousand to go back to see what will happen then.

9. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

Once again the wheather App does not work anymore. Neither on Z9X nor Z9S.

dwalme and Letmein like this.
  10. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

IMO, having a weather app on a device like this is totally unnecessary anyway... information that is presented much better on your own phone.

xskip and Topdude like this.
  11. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

Anyone having issues with Network time? I havent been able to get it to work properly for past week or so on my Z9x on newest FW. Setting manually doesn't work as doesn't keep track when off.

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No problem here.

Just sharked it and I can see the NTP servers it calls are 2.android.pool.ntp.org and time.google.com, so nothing unusual.

13. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

I left it unplugged for an hour and picked up the right date/time afterwards. Something must've gotten cached that shouldn't have or something. Thanks for checking on your end

14. Sh1no8i

Sh1no8i New Member

Hi all, has anyone else noticed the.. “default subtitle”.. option selection.. “external”.. is missing from firmware v6.4.42 on the Zidoo z9x?

Is it a known issue? if not I would like to report it please.

Appreciate the firmware is in beta. Thank you.

15. Szw

Szw Member

Zidoo 10 Pro
    Since today weather data is not working.

serg fedorov and Martin Musko like this.
  16. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Same thing here, when it was working before,it couldn't update automatically when Zidoo started.I had to open it in the GUI to have it worked.

Letmein and serg fedorov like this.
  17. Naiera

Naiera Member

Sorry, but you don't get it either. The audio is downmixed to stereo before being sent out through coaxial. No one is asking coaxial (or optical) to carry lossless surround sound. I know that can't be done. I don't know how else to explain it. I thought people understood what downmixing was when I posted here initially. Coaxial and optical can carry full bitrate 2.0 LPCM, which is all I'm asking coaxial to do.

I fixed the issue by, as Yoram Ariel mentioned, putting the contents of the MKV in a different container. Using tsMuxerGUI I remuxed to TS and now it shows DTS-HD instead of just DTS when playing back the files. It takes literally 30 seconds or so to do this, so it's not a problem at all, although it happening is still mysterious.

18. Naiera

Naiera Member

Hello there. As mentioned, remuxing the MKV to TS did the trick for me. I'm pretty sure that I was able to play DTS-HD and not just the core DTS track from MKV files before the latest beta, but it's way too much work to go back and check if it worked.

19. SSThing

SSThing Member

Your original post/question was clumsily asked (so easily misunderstood).
    Several of your subsequent posts (including this one) have been condescending and rude.
    I'm surprised anyone offered any help at all.

dwalme likes this.
  20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

The sound standards are not my thing but I'm curious about it. You are saying that you want Zidoo to downmixed to stereo from DTS-HD but not from core DTS track.
    How would you know at the end on stereo amp if you getting if from DTS-HD or from core DTS track? Can you hear the difference or you just want to see the DTS-HD track on Zidoo info screen? I'm assuming that your stereo system taking PCM from coax doesn't really care what was the source before conversion.