Beta version v6.4(7).42 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Oct 18, 2022.

1. Naiera

Naiera Member

I'm not sure what you're confused about. Of course I want to downmix from the best possible source.

It works with a TS container and I just watched The Phone (2015, German Blu-ray), so this is quite excellent for now.

Why it stopped working, I have no idea. It seems to have coincided with the latest FW beta. I really like my Z1000 Pro, but it's the most random piece of consumer electronics I've ever owned :p

2. Naiera

Naiera Member

I think it was quite clear. That I'm downmixing and using coaxial is actually irrelevant to the question; no matter the settings or the output type (HDMI, coaxial, optical), the player refused to see DTS-HD and only wanted to use the core DTS track, while TrueHD kept working as it should. This proves that my issues had nothing to do with the physical outpit used. I posted evidence of this, which seems to have been completely ignored.

I kept explaining what I was doing, while Swift kept hammering on about something that was irrelevant. Yes, that made me a bit frustrated, but asking if he was actually reading my posts, considering the circumstances, is hardly passive aggressive.

My mistake was assuming that you guys here knew what downmixing meant, I guess. As mentioned, the menu on the Zidoo (Z1000 Pro, at least) has it wrong. Playing the core audio track instead of the full lossless track is not downmixing.

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

A Xmas present update coming soon ?

darky_zidoo and xskip like this.
  4. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Any update on why the weather app is not working AGAIN?

B0RN and Martin Musko like this.
  5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Well that issue would be well way down my list of updating or fixing etc
    have a weather App for that or which is far far more accurate .

plus my box is used for Movie watching No 1

xskip and Deano86 like this.
  6. Darek1969

Darek1969 New Member

Hello everyone, i have a problem with applications moments after startup youtube, tvp sport or polsat box go, the application shuts down and exits to the main menu Zidoo. Please help for which I thank you.

7. lanz

lanz Member

I refreshed my Zidoo, but I forgot to make a backup of HT4. I redid the scraping via HT4, but I have no clearlogo. Is this normal? Or a limit of scraping with TMDB ? Maybe I forgot to activate something?

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Is Clearlogo switched on in HT4 Settings?

upload_2022-12-18_16-1-25.png

9. lanz

lanz Member

Yes, it is. :(

10. Markswift2003

It should work - it calls the logos from static.fanart.tv

Might be worth making sure you can ping that.

11. lanz

lanz Member

If I put a xxx-clearlogo.png file in the folder of the concerned movie it works. It seems that it is the scraping that is failing. I don't have the casting info either...

12. Markswift2003

Online Clearlogos and cast info aren't scraped as such - they are picked up and cached the first time you enter a particular movie's details page, so if they aren't there it's a runtime problem not a scraping one.

13. lanz

lanz Member

What does it mean? Do I have to perform a factory reset again?
    Is there a reason why HT4 uses fanart.tv instead of TMDB for clearlogo?

14. lanz

lanz Member

Oh no, I hope you are wrong. I just can't take random problems anymore. :(

15. Markswift2003

Yours is a different issue if all the Clearlogos are missing...

16. lanz

lanz Member

17. Petga

Petga Member

I completely agree with you.

Zidoo advertises the UHD3000 : "Complete BD/BD3D/UHD Blu-ray menu playback and Blu-ray seamless branching playback are supported.".

https://www.zidoo.tv/Product/index/model/UHD3000/target/JslBV16DI5FKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

So I expect this to work as well.

I hope Zidoo will fix this problem with the next updates.

alffi and Letmein like this.
  18. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

alffi and Letmein like this.
  19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

It DOES support "Complete BD/BD3D/UHD Blu-ray menu playback and Blu-ray seamless branching playback are supported." - but not 100% to say the least. Trust me I've banged on about the shortfalls in this area for years. There was improvement some years back and they sorted a long running issue with seamless branching and forced subs.

I think Zidoo have hit a plateau on improvement in this area. What you get now is probably the best it will ever get. I have many ISO and BDMV files. If they don't work I either get hold of an MKV or select direct play from within HT4.

20. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

We will see with the upcoming firmware, or the other one if they are not ready yet.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022