Beta version v6.4(7).20 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO X/NEO S/NEO Alpha

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I added a completely new movie and then, removed it from the source, and everything was ok. The source updated automatically, as usual.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Just tested CEC wake up functions. I still have the same problem. If my Z9X is in "Standby directly" mode (sleep mode) it will start my TV and receiver with Zidoo remote power button even if CEC Zidoo function is selected specifically "Media Player does not start the TV".

It works correctly if Zidoo is OFF using "Power off directly" function of the power button. This is a clean boot every time. Sleep mode will keep HT open or app like ZDMC on the movie page that I didn't finish last time. Very handy.

Trailers work for now with delay on non G firmware. Thank you Zidoo for the hard work and effort to get it going again. Much appreciated.

3. lesub18e

lesub18e New Member

I tested HDR 10 + on my Z1000 pro and it is still not passed through correctly. Will this be fixed in the next update?
    Overall very happy with this beta just annoying I have to fall back to my Vero4K+ to watch HDR 10+ content.

4. BlakeC

BlakeC New Member

After the update Category 2 has been completely reset to default and all the categories I created are gone. I've spent quite a bit of time customizing and organizing my collection into several types of categories and it has all disappeared. Category 1 is the same as it was before the update. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to recover?

vddan likes this.
  5. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Thank you fot testing, I deleted the source and reconnected it, now the update works again.

6. Yoram Ariel

Yoram Ariel New Member

Very nice version.
    Rescanned my high-res music collection in less than 20 minutes (local only, 2731 albums, 32581 tracks, 1730 artists).
    Audio quality is now significantly better in MP7, less harsh, smoother, larger, it begs you to crank it up. The low end is well defined and I actually removed the EQ I previously had in the receiver for the subwoofers, my system is now flat. Good job!
    Scrolling through pages of thumbnails works well and this now makes MP7 officially my music player, this after using only Media Center for music.
    The search function in MP7 was a pleasant surprise, I see myself using it quite often.
    Thank you.

7. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Guys. I updated, shutdown and uplugged, and I cannont get trailers to work at all, just get the message that the current trailer failed to play. Auto play set at 5 secs. No go with auto or manual.

On wired network, so speed is not an issue. Does this only effect me?

Any ideas?

PS - I've got a full fibre gigabit connection.....

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    vddan likes this.
  8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yeah, this is the right procedure for a large library and changes then you're sure it get the whole collection in database.

The trailers depend of your internet connection as they seems to be downloaded first.

9. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

Thank you for an other update.
    I love the new music player.

For HT4 i found the following problems;
    -Sources are not suto updated/scanned.
    -Local tralers are. Not all workimg. They either play a few seconds or the sound stops.

vddan likes this.
  10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Blimey that was quick! It took an hour for me to scan appx 50,000 tracks which equates to appx 30 mins by your standard. I've now cleared my initial scan (Volume only) and tried last night to scan 3 individual folders within the volume but after 30 mins all I got was "Wait Scan", so switched off - not sure what will happen when I turn my Zidoo back on again. If they are still stuck, then I'll delete and clear the cache and try again.

@Nice Monkey - I was very pleased to install this firmware version 6.4.20 yesterday and am wondering if Multi-Channel SACD's (DSD or Otherwise) are still limited to 44.1kHz ? And if not would another software player produce higher resolutions, do you know?

11. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We are improving the algorithm. The ideal state is up to 176.4kHz. I think this goal is very likely to be achieved.
    BTW:don't take this as my promise.

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for that - do you or anyone know what 6.4.20 has brought to the table (since 6.4.18 or are we currently still at 44.1kHz?

Sledgehamma likes this.
  13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes the target should be 176.4 kHz at 24-bit. But sample-size is more relevant than sample-rate. Just gave it a very short try myself and it sounded fine for me as-is. :)

@rozel
    Yes Dune managed to squeeze that out of their box using the same SOC. But they use a light weight OS and dito Music Player doing so. Not exactly the same conditions. Fingers crossed for Zidoo. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    rozel likes this.
  14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you Nice - I'm only looking for 96kHz / 24 bit for now, so was hoping the new firmware may have brought a little more from the SOC

15. Dimasi

Dimasi New Member

Yesterday after the installation and the 3 reboots etc. as procedure I tried to play the episode of The Good Things res 2160 23.976 and still I have the fade in and fade out to several scenes.
    I played through the internal player of the Sony Oled A8 and was no fade in or out .
    The resolution on the Z9X is lock to Auto .
    I don't understand why .
    In DV the picture is awful ...

16. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

I deleted the interstellar film from zidoo (before I had saved it on pc). Later I send it back to the reader who, however, no longer sees it. Doing the manual scan he tells me that the film is there but does not catalog it. If I change the name for example 1interstellar then it sees and catalogs it. Can you tell me what happened? How should I do to have it cataloged with the right name? thank you

17. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

There is no way to check Dolby Vision.
    This is bad news. I'm upset if this is the case and the DV is really bad.

Perhaps other users will check and confirm or deny this statement?

18. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Watched the lost city and two episodes of The Man Who Fell to Earth in DV and nothing strange to report. Played it back in TV led DV.

Visconti12 and serg fedorov like this.
  19. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Thank you very much!

20. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

No DV problems here also on Panasonic TV ( TV Led DV)

serg fedorov likes this.