Beta version v6.4.65 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000, v6.7.85 for NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Thanks guys - totally forgot about that as I never use that volume on the original remote as I use a Harmony Elite to control the amp volume - strange why the volume was down on the player

2. audiom3

audiom3 Member

It's been happening long before this latest FW release for me. I've had to flip the AC switch to shut my UHD3000 down several times. Installed the phone/remote app and it works when the remote freezes up. Better than a hard reset.

3. Paulo Pedullo

Paulo Pedullo Member

I just sended the email to service@zidoo.tv reporting the bug, I hope they fix it

Deano86 likes this.
  4. Miroga

Miroga New Member

Hello, I just purchased Zidoo Z1000 Pro, I wanted to ask, if I install a firmware higher than the factory one, if it doesn't work for me, can I reinstall a previous firmware, or would it not be possible to download it?

5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

It will work one way or another. If fails, you'll be able to flash it but try first.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

7. Ron L

Ron L New Member

somebody mentioned that they dont recommend installing the version with play store... why is that? seems to me that if I want to install any app (like emby) it is better to get it from play store so it will auto-update rather than side-loading a APK. What am I missing?

8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Nothing at all, go ahead with G_version either if you install Google apps or not. I'm installing it from the beginning with no issues.

9. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Duplicate, deleted.

10. Jimbo Randy

Subtitles download just fine on the .62 firmware? Not getting any "BECOME A VIP" text. Did this just happen within the past month or something? I'd say it's been about a month since I downloaded subtitles.

11. Jimbo Randy

Where can I download the original 6.4.42 firmware? I cannot for the life of me find the thread with the file download for some reason..

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Jimbo Randy likes this.
  13. Jimbo Randy

14. thivame

thivame Active Member

Apparently, the Zidoo team no longer supports these boxes.
    It's a pity, because there are still improvements to be made, even software repairs...
    even the HT4 should be improved.
    For some time now, my z9x has been getting slower with the HT4 or bugging regularly, and I m to unplug it quite often.
    I feel frustrated by this box that promised more and can do more or better.

fsim2000 and Edworld like this.
  15. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

I am hoping they will come out with a new/improved box other than their current offerings. I will say the new Dune is a real contender, although I prefer my Z pro1000. It does require reloading frequently as a vid will start stuttering or suddenly play in high speed etc. If they include a hdd slot, please do NOT make it 2.5 hdd as they don't hold enough to be useful unless you can afford an sdd for over a K.

Edworld likes this.
  16. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

IMO we don’t need more boxes but fixes for the existing lot. Hardware seems to be quite capable and software shows a good way. All we need is the firmware to be repair and fixed with care and more attention/means they’ve devoted recently. That’s the way to delete our frustrations :rolleyes:

17. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

My old 1080p Dune is serviceable, but I never use it anymore. Tech and features move on. I enjoy new features and look forward to what will come next with media servers, but yes, would be nice to tune up all the older ones.

18. Jimbo Randy

I'm on the latest .65 firmware and when I go to download subtitle, it doesn't return any results and just says that it failed. I tried it with multiple well known movies. Is anyone else having that issue?

Paulo Pedullo likes this.
  19. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

20. burton

burton Member

Just checked it on my zidoo (.65 firmware) and it works fine, maybe you have a dns restriction to access opensubtitles from your provider,have you tried changing your dns to cloudflare or google?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    kovacsgergely83 likes this.