Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Yes you can use the WebUI to change the synopsis just make sure there are no illegal characters or symbols in your synopsis etc so avoid and delete the following just to be sure
    # % & { } \ < > * ? / $ ! @ + ` | = Most of these if present will cause a saving fail message. Clearly there is a problem that will need to be addressed.

See earlier comments Beta version v6.4.62 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  2. vddan

vddan Active Member

Well, after a day of use and two restarting the zidoo, to properly stabilize HT4, it was a pleasure to find the software like new, more blocking, and normal navigation!
    If we had to make an improvement again, that would be to reduce the time of re-scrappage on an erroneous sheet .........
    Thanks again to Mark for his precious help!

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

As I said yesterday, I tested all these characters and the only ones I found issue with were:

? and & are the only two that cause “Operation Fail”
    % and # cause a loop

All others are fine.

Issue has been reported.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    leonkoum and Netmask like this.
  4. Markswift2003

audiom3 likes this.
  5. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

@Markswift2003 If I downgraded to v6.4.60, will that revert back the HT app too? I am still having major issues with hard drive mounts in HT app.

6. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Yep, you will get the version of HT coming with the firmware installed. To downgrade, you will have to use the emergency flash procedure first.

B0RN likes this.
  7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Great, can I get the instructions to downgrade please?

8. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

B0RN likes this.
  9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I just noticed that movies does have the watched status icon to the top right that you can press, why doesn't the tv show episodes have the same?

11. SBarnes

SBarnes New Member

It happens on my UHD 3000 as well.

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have an issue with HT4. It's not firmware specific but started some time ago and may need some sort of reset. However thought I would get advice before I do anything.

I have HT4 set to load up automatically when my Z9X is started. On boot up Ht4 starts up but part way it just crashes back to the Zidoo UI. I then load up HT4 from the UI and after that its fine.

I've held off of a rest as I use custom background and icon files.

There seems to be two options - 'Clear system application data' and 'Factory Reset'. What would the first option actually remove? Ta.

13. Jordan Walker

Jordan Walker Member

On this newest firmware, local images for Miniseries are not being recognized. TV series with normal seasons are all matching and recognizing my local artwork fine, but my miniseries that used to work perfect are now pulling online artwork and not showing local images when you go to change image. This was not happening on previous firmware. Examples are “Chernobyl” and “The Last Dance”. I have tried adding Season 1 after the name but the artwork is not matching up for some reason. Any idea what filename structure should be used for it to automatically detect the artwork for miniseries going forward?

Edit: Oddly enough, it is able to detect and match up normally with “Planet Earth II” miniseries. I have named the file and folder structure exactly the same for that series. Weird!

14. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

See post #172 about HT crashes.

15. Markswift2003

It clears user data - eg HT4 library, music library, favourites, network history etc but doesn't reset the OS and software. I'd always do a full reset.

You could try resetting HT4 before a full box reset. Make a backup and all the usual stuff so you can revert if you want to. It would also be worth exporting NFOs and art so you can use that to bring HT4 data back the same as it is now without restoring a possibly corrupt database.

A backup and NFO export at least gives you as many options as possible to make it relatively painless.

blenky likes this.
  16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Cheers. Not the same problem - and I'm using that version and same thing happens. HT4 fails to load properly on boot up. When reloaded its rock solid.

B0RN likes this.
  17. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Interesting, so somewhat of a same behavior of HT crash but fixes after fully reloaded.
    I am still struggling to get Hard Drives to scan/keep intact after the 62 update. Plan to downgrade to 60 but haven't had the time to do the daunting task yet.

18. gymnos

gymnos Member

This issue was there several years ago in previous Realtek SoCs and I don´t understand why Zidoo Team ignores the glitch.

Please @mirror, we want to see DTS-HD 7.1 audio tracks properly labeled when we press the Info button on the remote.

Letmein likes this.
  19. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Since your HDD's are PC connected, have you re-booted your router and any network switches since the firmware update? Checked Windows share permissions for all folders?

20. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

They are not PC connected, connected directly to the Z9X - never had issues before this new update. No networking of any kind going on in my setup.