Beta version v6.3.92 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Eugenio Elias

Eugenio Elias New Member

I can not play .AVI files at all.
    Is this normal por this chipset/player?
    The same files play ok in an
    old HIMEDIA Q10 pro player.
    Thanks any help

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Quite like the file has been packed bitstream in encoding. Use MediaInfo to check and if so run the file through MPEG4Modifier. That should fix it. Very few modern mediaplayers handle packed bitstream.

Here's an example of one of my old files

3. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

The blurry images stopped running, those that worked perfectly on firmware 75.

4. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Turn off HDCP 2.2 Lock resolution to 23 or 23.976, Set to AFR or Automatic Frame Rate / but not resolution change. ( If you have a 3D Display this will not allow 3D iso / mkv to switch and trigger 3d mode on your tv if i am not mistaken) I think that is what happens if you dont have auto resolution enabled. I remember that from before when i was playing around with settings unless something changed.

This happens on my HD Fury Diva as well. I used to have the same problem and while it did not bother me because just the AVR on / off usually corrects the handshake, this new method did correct it in my case.

Also you could try just clicking the resolution button on the zidoo remote as well. It might negotiate to fix. You do not need HDCP 2.2 as there is nothing copy protected going through the zidoo engine for local iso , or remuxes etc. Its just an unnecessary step in the handshake. i watched Olivers videos and learned this....you learn something new everyday.

5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Thanks for your kind advice. I was handling the solution thru Zidoo RC but like to report this bug which didn't show in previous firmwares.

6. bader

bader New Member

hello i have zidoo 3000uhd and Epson eh Is12000 It supports HDR10+ when I play content that doesn't work HDR10+ and when I look at zidoo output i see only hdr10 not hdr10+ and my av is marantz 8805A thank you

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Are you passing video through your AV? If so does the AV support HDR10+ passthrough?

bader likes this.
  8. bader

bader New Member

Thanks for the reply, yes it supports and I also tried Direct. I always get output hdr10 not hdr10+ from zidoo and epson

9. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Check the settings: Screen > HDR > tick Auto

10. 56k

56k Member

adding a fan art button as wallpaper?

11. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

The POSTERWALL app keeps crashing to the home screen. I didn't install any additional software. What could be the problem? Resetting system application settings did not help.

12. yuzenbalik

yuzenbalik New Member

Yes. I am having similar freezing issues. While watching a movie, I encounter the problem of meaningless freezing.

13. yuzenbalik

yuzenbalik New Member

I also agree with this. The brightness balance result in the panel-player calibration setting that I made with the Calibration DVD is much better. The level of detail on the black plans seems to have increased. It's close to the performance I got with my old Popcornhour A-110. First time!..

14. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Yeah, to be honest, unless I can roll back, I wont be updating the firmware, as I don't want to risk any potential degradation in image quality in exchange for some "nice to haves"

15. yuzenbalik

yuzenbalik New Member

The brightness (detail level of black areas) performance that I have been waiting for a long time with this latest firmware, I think, is much more important than the improvement of all other functions. Because in the end, what we do and expect is to watch movies with the right color and detail. The rest, I think, is secondary. I'm afraid to try the next software update too... :)

Oldpainless likes this.
  16. János

János New Member

It has been a problem for me for a long time to set the language of the device to Hungarian, only note it until I turn it off. When I turn it on, it returns to English.

17. bader

bader New Member

I tried but it doesn't show hdr10+

Attached Files:

18. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Screenshot_20220502-1643421.png Tell me who knows how to remove the wrong poster? Marked with a red arrow.

19. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

De Niro is one of the producers of the movie. You don’t have it in your collection?

cVVGLabs likes this.
  20. bader

bader New Member

Any info why it doesn't play hdr10+