Beta version v6.3.92 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 1, 2022.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

What EXACTLY needs to be fixed?

2. ofir

ofir Member

tip read Page 12.
    Then you will get all the information

Ovidiu Ogrean likes this.
  3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I've explained the way to handle this - what more do you want? - and don't be rude! I've seen quite a bit of agression here as of late and it isn't acceptable

Yohmi and darkeyes909 like this.
  4. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

Here is another feedback from me on the current firmware and in particular HomeTheater 4.0.
    Just a few points that I noticed negatively, because I've been working on it intensively for the last few days. All points listed below apply under the proviso that I scrape all films or series locally. That means I scraped all films or series in advance with the TinyMediaManger software and created a clean structure. All relevant information is available locally in the form of images and nfo files. To rule out errors, I manually compared the structures with the given structures in TMDB, IMDB and TVDB. But now we come to the problems:

1. Sources
    If you scan a source, you currently only have the option of saying whether you want to scrape it online or locally (nfo parse = priority). That's very good! What is less good is the fact that there are no filter options in the sources. It happened that HT, for whatever reason, did not correctly recognize a film using the local nfo file. Currently there is no way to only display the folders in the sources that HT has not recognized correctly. You can see from the total number that something has not been recognized, but you cannot display the relevant folders or files directly or access them in a targeted manner. I know that there is a category "unassigned" but only "unassigned" individual film files are displayed in this category, but not the entire folder structure itself. This point does not provide any information about which folders in the sources were not correctly recognized or where HT had or has problems recognizing them.

2. Source update
    HT has the possibility of an automatic source update. Very well! However, in my opinion, this is not yet 100% mature. I often have the case that I have replaced an HD film in a source with a UHD film of the same name. However, sometimes HT often doesn't get the change, so it doesn't update the source properly. It has also happened that he updates the source but does not update the relevant film in the overview in HT. This means that HT still displays an HD movie even though it is a UHD movie. I suspect the automatic update algorithm is by name or something like that. My suggestion would be to create a second database with checksums for each read file and the entire source itself when creating the film database at the same time and then use this for the comparison. This would ensure that HT also notices changes in the individual files where the name has remained the same.

3. Sources update with custom categories
    If HT automatically updates a source, then this update will not be propagated to the associated custom categories. My current structure is that I have a film source for our children and a film source for us adults. The individual film folders with the respective films are located in the respective sources. After reading the entire source, I currently assign all folders to a custom category using batch processing, for example the custom category Movies (children). If a source is now updated (e.g. a film is added), the linked custom category is not updated as well. My suggestion would be to include a possibility in the sources with which an entire source can be assigned to one or more categories and thus to implement a link with the automatic update of the source. The goal is to automatically update the category with an automatic update of the source.

4. Recognize unassigned movies or series
    With the point "no assignment" or "reassign films" there is currently no way to reassign a film or series using a local nfo file. You only have the option of having the film recognized online using TMDB, TVDB or TVMAZE. It would only be logical if you could also access the local resources.

5. Custom categories
    The custom categories do not work properly. I noticed the example of the film collections. If you take the pre-made standard category "MOVIES" all collections (apart from the problem in point 6) are displayed correctly. However, if you use a custom category and assign the same films to it as in the standard "MOVIES" category, the collections are no longer displayed correctly. This means that some collections are displayed correctly, but other collections are displayed broken down. This means that the individual films are no longer combined, but are available individually. However, if you go to the menu of these films, you will see that this film belongs to a collection. It works if you manually dissolve the collections of the films in question in the menu and combine them into a new collection with a new name. However, if you try the same operation with the corresponding collection from the list (I suspect that this comes from the nfo file or an internet source) it does not work in the custom category. The films are not combined into one collection. As already mentioned, this phenomenon only occurs with custom categories. Everything is fine in the standard categories such as "MOVIES", "SERIES" or "COLLECTIONS".

6. Movie Collections
    HT groups films into collections when specified in the nfo file. In my case, I scrape the films with TinyMediaManger, so that the film collection is always stored correctly in the nfo file. I've checked this by hand on various films and checked against TMDB or another source. However, HT does not always read this information correctly. Means, using the example of the "Ice Age" film collection, that HT creates 2 film collections with the name "Ice Age Film Collection" instead of merging all Ice Age films into one film collection. You can correct this manually by dissolving one of the two collections and assigning it to the second, but that's not how it should be! I took a close look at the nfo files of the films in question and they are completely identical in terms of the name of the film collection. Despite everything, when reassigning the individual films to a collection, the "Ice Age Film Series" film series appears twice in the list of available collections. It is spelled exactly the same, but has the color yellow with a slightly narrower icon in front and a second time the color green with a slightly wider icon in front. To me it looks as if HT is using 2 different sources to combine the films for the collections and is getting confused. Or rather, HT does not only use the local information as advertised, but accesses any internet source and assigns the films to the collections using these 2 different references. The fact that when the sources are read in again, the result can be different (it can be that the film collection in question was summarized correctly, but another one was wrong) speaks for an attribution error. But what is strange again is the fact that it can happen that if you want to dissolve one of the collections of the films in question, both collections will dissolve, since they have the same name. Unfortunately, a restart does not solve the problem mentioned! It should also be noted at this point that the problem with the film collections described only relates to the standard categories "Movies", "Series" and "Collections". In the custom categories, see point 5, it is much worse...

PS: Sorry for the bad english...

5. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

What does not work properly on UHD 3000:
    1. Poor language localization.
    2. Terrible scanning of added sources in the music player. (very slow scan).
    3. When playing a movie, the sound is played for 2 -3 seconds and not immediately.
    4. Sometimes the music player crashes to the main screen when scanning.
    5. With trailers, the problem is not solved.
    6. HDMI-CEC - not working properly.
    7. Now Blu-ray Disc images do not start all which was not on firmware 75.
    And so with each new firmware, unresolved problems remain, and previous complaints remain unresolved. In addition, in each new firmware they manage to break something that used to work normally.
    No new features required, fix what used to work like a swiss watch.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    Letmein, Arch30n, darkeyes909 and 3 others like this.
  6. Arch30n

Arch30n New Member

Nobody have the same problems with UHD3000 or NEO S/X ?
    - When the USB Audio output is activated and a DAC is connected : the sound is break on the HDMI outputs (primary and/or secondary) (It is a shame because I use USB to pass DSD to my DAC and there is no option for DSD DoP when using SPDIF (COAXIAL)).
    - When using the second HDMI output for audio, the sound cuts out for half a second every 2 minutes :(
    Thanks

7. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Is this forum read by developers?
    Or are we talking to ourselves here?
    Dear developer, give feedback.

Arch30n likes this.
  8. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

Yes, feedback would be really nice...

9. Black-Angel28

Black-Angel28 Member

I have made a small video using the example of Ice Age, where you can see the problem with the collections. You can see very well that HT uses two different sources for a single movie collection. Where do the two references come from? One reference comes from the nfo files but where does the other one come from? Where are the different icons in front of the names of the two collections?

Can anyone say anything about this?

Here the link to the video: https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/312e320c-d053-4931-9521-234147ad43c3

10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Ctuslly
    Actually both ways as general forum concept!!

11. ofir

ofir Member

12. muha

muha Active Member

Some of this changes are crashing Video Player.

13. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

I’ve been having a freeze problem since this firmware on my Z9X. Randomly, after watching one or more movies, I’ll go to switch activities which should either shutdown or place place in standby the Z9X (I’ve been trying both). Instead it will freeze up not allowing access to it until I power cycle it. Besides not showing the red light on the front, the clock has frozen at the time of the attempted shutdown. Anyone else having this issue? Ideas?

14. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

On UHD 3000 there is no such problem.

15. tom 10

tom 10 New Member

Two accounts, not to ruin the other one....

16. Cranks

Cranks Member

Does anyone know how to turn off subtitles displaying for every movie? Fo me it is annoying to manually turn off subtitles.
    My native language is English and I don't want subtitles for movies....can anyone help?

17. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

Before entering HT, go to Quick Settings, first row, third line (default language), subtitles > Off. That should be it.

Cranks and darkeyes909 like this.
  18. ofir

ofir Member

1.when the DEFAULT subtitles are Hebrew, the subtitles that appear are English. Also for external subtitles. Even though there are Hebrew subtitles
    2.Once again I write about the INFO window that keeps appearing all the time even after I get out of it When watching a video.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  19. Cranks

Cranks Member

Thanks mate! That worked!

20. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Randomly my Z9X b.92 starts in blank screen and need to switch off to get it works again. It happened several times in last few days.
    Edit 20-Apr-2022: Today It's impossible to get into GUI as the TV set (through Vertex2 or directly) shows incompatible video signal and remains in black screen . Then I've to workaround the resolution button of RC to solve it and get into home page. Next restart the same issue once again.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022