Beta version v6.1.05 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Feb 4, 2021.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi Mark

Has this matter been confirmed that it's an issue with MakeMKV and are we any closer to getting it fixed, do you know?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not a clue - I submitted a debug log a while ago and haven't heard anything - I only have one file that this happens with so I'd kind of forgotten about it. I'll recheck and resubmit when we get the next release.

rozel likes this.
  3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thank you Mark. It has happened now on 3 out of 3 ripped LOTR discs - another 3 to go lol. We use the pause to have a break :D

4. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Hey. no matter what format or how I rip it The show sliders has a bug where the screen turns green, or blue after the ds10 Dolby notification pops up. It's the only SD TV show that I have this problem with. I tried different formats but to no avail. I have itb set to LLDV 216060. I just don't want to have the go into settings, and turn off LLDV everytime I watch the show, then remember to turn it back on when I'm done.

5. jmmy

jmmy New Member

Hello, I've been searching the forum for playback problems with Dolby Vision and I'm not sure if anyone else has them.

I have not seen the problem reflected in the thread
    Confirmed aggregated problems FW 6.1.05

So, could someone else confirm stuttering issues when playing DV on Z9X and FW 6.1.05?
    Thanks

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

hi stutterings been fixed with DV Mel and the FEL converts for a couple releases now......for me anyways
    Only issues remaining seem to be colourspace for DV ,and some movies in DV seem to stop after about an hours play ...restart movie and they continue fine (this personally i think is an issue with the layer break on the larger discs example below)

Croods 2 is an 80 gig Full image for the Fel movie but only 39 Gig once converted to MEL and all the rubbish stripped out , but it still had the freeze issue after an hour or so.....looks awesome btw for a DB animated )

7. Markswift2003

No inherent stuttering issues with DV, but as @cucnz says, there is an issue with some titles where a DV file will just freeze after about an hour and 15 minutes.

This happens when there is a continuous string of Dolby VisionVES Splitter checksum errors (literally a couple of million of them!) which eventually causes the VS10 engine to crash. (this Stream Splitter is the first module in the Dolby chain after demuxing and splits the video stream from the RPU)

I've no idea why this happens - the only DV video I have that does it is 2001 A Space Odyssey. I believe others have seen it in LOTR. If it is to do with a layer break (which is feasible) then because the VES errors start to accumulate immediately then I'd have to assume it's to do with how the file is produced - ie a MakeMKV issue.

8. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I have this random issue, not only with LOTR but also with some other DV mkv. Always after around an hour when it occurs.

9. Markswift2003

If I can get a list together of titles that this happens with it could be useful in tying it down - just to reiterate, this is for DV titles that freeze after about 1 hour and 15 or 16 minutes of playing time..

10. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i post a bunch of titles awhile back in one of my bulk testing runs

i do think its the layer break ,but other devices using the same files ie makemkv or the gamma fel-mel converts dont have the stop at 1 hr 17ish playing them
    (or none that id seen while i was spamming makemkv forum to get a working fel/mel convert , havent checked back since gammas working now)

which leads me to think its still a Zidoo issue

i remeber early bluray players had issues reading thru the layer break and some handled it badly , but i think most got patched ok eventually (brain fog on it thou now :p )

11. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

No sure but I think the last movie where I got this issue was Angel Heart (1987)

12. Markswift2003

Don't forget that there's no such thing as a layer break in an MKV, so if that's what's causing the issue it has to come in the processing stage. And because the VES Splitter errors start straight away, that means the player hasn't hit that part of the file that the layer break in the original ISO occured in and also as far as processing is concerned, again with the errors starting immediately, that means that MakeMKV wouldn't have hit and processed the layer break at that point either.

The fact that most DV files play fine but the issue is fully repeatable when processing only particular ISOs with MakeMKV point to the processing rather than the playback.

The only reason I don't discount layer breaks as the issue is that so far the only movies I've heard that cause this issue are 2001 and LOTR, both long movies requiring layer breaks. This is why it would be good to get a list together for movies that have this problem.

13. Markswift2003

And that was one freeze at about 1Hr 15Mins or thereabouts?

14. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Around an hour (I think before 1h15min), something like that.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

The 3 x 2 = 6 rips of my LOTR Trilogy (part 1's and part 2's) bomb at 1hr 16 mins 44 secs or 1hr 17 mins 20 odd secs. Exit playback and play again from where it left off and bob's your granny.

16. Markswift2003

Thanks guys - this is what we need - list of titles I can test and produce debug logs for.

So LOTR, only #1 and #2?

17. Markswift2003

Can you point me to that list please?

18. jmmy

jmmy New Member

For me:
    LOTR part 1, 2 and 3
    The Hobbit 1, 2 and 3
    Back to Future 1, 2 and 3

Tanks

19. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Mortal engines at approx 1 hr 17
    Gemini Man
    Croods 2

was others like LOTR but was getting back to 0.80s firmware and earlier on the others and didnt want to go too far past the current almost perfect fw

20. Markswift2003

Thank you - will look into all these. Back to the Future is FEL isn't it? So this issue couldn't apply to them since the VES Splitter wouldn't be invoked.