Beta version v6.1.05 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Feb 4, 2021.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

Thank you for your answers,

I also just noticed (no matter if it's atmos or not) that the soundtrack doesn't work, my receiver doesn't switch as if it was receiving no signal, by changing audio language my amp switches and the sound works....this problem is random.

I have never had this problem whatever the model of device or FW.

Tomorrow morning I will switch back to FW 0.90.

See you soon

2. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Yes with TrueHD

3. mecanix

mecanix New Member

WOw on my samsung this update, video are better hd10+ greate update

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Connected my Amanero based USB DIY-kit DAC to my Z9X and that was now recognized playing both HD PCM and DoP/Native DSD flawless. :)
    When connecting it reports nicely the brand found and which PCM formats are supported by it.
    In fact switching between DSD64 and DSD128 causing problems using UAPP works just fine using MP6. :cool:

I understand it is picky which DAC's are recognized. Seen the many updates products like USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) did to get most working that is not to be assumed as common.
    I think it is pretty safe to presume all XMOS and Amanero based USB DAC's will work. ;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  5. SandorM

SandorM New Member

Yes! For me too with z10 pro and with this new 6.1.05 firmware (I reseted zidoo to factory default after update)
    This "no sound" takes 15-20 sec if I start a movie (or pause and start again) and same "effect" at the end of the movie with last 15-20sec.

6. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

no problems for me on the Z9X with that no sound for ages issues on movies or tv epis

there is a clicking over the audio when somethings paused thou.....bad enuff i have to close what ever im watching if im gonna pause too long and restart when back

7. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are on the latest FW? Because that is exactly what I experienced on the 6.0.90 FW.
    Maybe its different for you because of eARC?

How is sound connected for people with the delay? For me its Zidoo to the Soundbar and then to the TV.

8. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello sledgehamma,

I have been using the eARC mode of my TV for a few months, zidoo plugs on the hdmi1 and receiver on the hdmi 3 eARC, and no problem with the previous FW.

I don't remember if I had the problem with the 6.1.03, I used it less than 24 hours before installing the 6.1.05.

Today I will connect the Zidoo to my receiver and we will see if the problem is still there.

--------

I haven't downgraded to 0.90 yet.

I will probably make a small video showing my receiver and my TV and then compare with the 0.90.

See you

Sledgehamma likes this.
  9. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I can confirm TrueHD taking longer to re-sync after a pause than other formats.
    Z9X directly connected to AVR.

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I get about a three second audio loss whenever I take a video out of pause - irrespective of the audio type.

11. Thanos

Thanos Member

Yes, it works for me, at 60Hz.

But I only have a couple of files. I don't have ISO, BD, or anything like that. But the HDR10 + starts up for me.

12. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Judder at 60hz?

13. Thanos

Thanos Member

No more than other formats.
    But I've only tried it on one movie so far: Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker and Terminator Fate

TV: TCL C715 (HDR10/HRD10+ Dolby Vision and HGL).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  14. mijacmad

mijacmad Member

Issues seem to only be with the newer generation samsung Qled 2020's, you should be ok, if you cant play hdr10+ at 23hz then you're not. Try getting hold of the back to the future trilogy.

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

HDR10+ is judder free at 23 and 60 hz on the panasonic z1000

16. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Is there a way to fix long pause when a movie start to play? Im guessing refresh rate switching is causing long black screen before the movie play. Is there anyway to get around this?

17. Thanos

Thanos Member

HDCP option to OFF ?

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Get a TV that switches HDMI modes quicker - this is nothing to do with the Zidoo.

Or set the GUI to the resolution/refresh/HDR mode to match the majority of your content so resyncs are minimised.

19. Hugh

Hugh New Member

I have an Epson 5050ub, I guess its my PJ, just making sure its not Zidoo. Should my HDCP set to off?

20. cappy1

cappy1 Member

Turning HDCP off helps a lot in my setup.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021